Anyone got a USS Flagg? (YES, this IS Transformers related!

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Banzai-Tron wrote:That would be PERFECT Dinobot! Thank you! UM has me a little worried that my idea won't work... but since I'm not really concerned with it as a Joe Collectible, I can repaint the deck lines if I need to... I'm more concerned with the proportion of the ship in general to the planes and the tower.

So again... thanks in advance!

EDIT: (Though, I should also point out to UM that the Tomcat in the photo is WAY to large, scalewise, for the carrier. I'm *hoping* that Seekers will actually be a little bit closer to scale.)
Still, that command tower had decks and doorways made for 3&3/4 inch figures. The decks lines would make not difference when it comes to doors that and entire seeker could theoretically fly through (sideways).

If you are looking at it more often from the side than the top, I still believe you will be unsatisfied.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I gotta agree with Magnus. he and i talked about it, and the tower-to-deck proportion is screwed. The "island" as i believe it is properly termed, is wayyy too huge. I mean, it's scaled for a 4" dude, when you have jets that turn into maybe 5" or 6" robots...
Granted, the island doesn't have as much square footage (WRT the figures), so that helps accommodate, but still. It's overlarge. And the deck is too wide and short.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

As far as realism goes the deck is too wide and short. But good grief the deck is 6 feet long when its totally assembled. The island stands as tall as Overlord from the deck if im not mistaken. The Flagg is massive. Its amazing they were ever able to box it up the way they did with all the accessories it came with. The elevator isn't large enough for the tomcat, but a seeker would so fit perfectly.

Banzai Tron my friend dismantled it cause it took up so much friggin space. As soon as he relocates it to another room, and sets it up, i'll get pics, or just take pics of the deck by itself assembled.
R.I.P. Menasor
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

*Dinobot visits his friend's living room, and finds his friend with his feet and a coffee mug on the FLAGG watching TV*

"oh, hey DB! i found a place for the FLAGG!"

:lol:
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Time Traveller wrote:*Dinobot visits his friend's living room, and finds his friend with his feet and a coffee mug on the FLAGG watching TV*

"oh, hey DB! i found a place for the FLAGG!"

:lol:
Y'know... that's not a half bad idea! Is it sturdy enough? LOL

(And thanks for everyone's input! I might still go this route, scale issues be damned, unless I manage to perfect my "infinite time" machine so that I can scratch build a Tidal Wave carrier. In which case, I can use the Flagg as Broadside, and load him up with Jetfire and all of his Macross buddies.)
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

unless I manage to perfect my "infinite time" machine so that I can scratch build a Tidal Wave carrier.
Got legos?

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech ... ft-carrier
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

LD2062 wrote:
unless I manage to perfect my "infinite time" machine so that I can scratch build a Tidal Wave carrier.
Got legos?

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech ... ft-carrier
Dear sweet mother of all....

Note to self:
After completing "infinite time" machine, build "infinite Lego" machine, followed closely by "infinite patience" machine.

I think I could buy a MIB USS Flagg for less than the cost of all those Legos!
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I think you could buy a car for less than the price of all those legos.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

LD2062 wrote:I think you could buy a car for less than the price of all those legos.
I don't know jack about Legos... can a lunatic like this guy just call up Lego and say "Yeah... can I order 480,000 plain grey Legos, please?"
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

The show mythbusters did a myth where they had to build a 7' ball of legos. If memory serves 500,000 was all the legos legos had on hand period.

But years ago lego had catalogs where you could order specific parts. So I expect that you can just buy the parts you want online. But not cheap, I would expect to get only 2 or 3 per $1 unless they're just the original blocks. Most people who build a custom piece like this spend a year or 2 getting the parts. And those pieces usually are normal table size pieces.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Brilliant!

Also, for the record, if anyone's looking for raw legoage,

http://www.bricklink.com is where I got the few hundred grey pieces for my Lego Panther tank.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

BT the seekers should be better as they are a little smaller then the sharc UM mentioned. As UM said the Flagg is not in scale with itself. The ship too SMALL compared to the superstructure and to the figs them selves for that matter.
TT's vision looks pretty good though.
nemesisprime6
Noob

Post by nemesisprime6 »

speaking of playsets anybody have the terrordrome

also I made mindbenders lab
autobots transform and roll out
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

way too big for aerialbots...

I had this as a kid complete with a tomcat and several small boats for around the area

we had a large basement and built a table just for this... Massive toy!

looking back yeah I was a bit spoiled....

I sure wish I had been into the TFs more and the joes less.

something about knowing more about the military shattered the joes for me.

oddly I didn't have any bad guys as a kid....
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

Just thought of this. Last summer in Illinois I saw one of these in a local museum. It was decked out with figures and evverything. It was pretty neat, and yes, it was massive for a toy.
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.