A New Year, a new RP?

Weigh in on the details or throw your RP hat in the ring!

Moderator: Sideways

Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Re: A New Year, a new RP?

Post by Sideways »

To answer your question, Rhymus:

Brownout is indeed an Autobot. He's basically my replacement for Sideways in this "world", but dubbed down and not so "overteched" like I envisioned Sideways for the previous RP. That means no more secret factory, no more supercomputers or AI or any of the such. No switching altmodes every couple of months. I may tweak his profile a bit more before we start.

Your desire to see Brownout's disruptor used against him would do no good.

"Brownout is immune to his own weapon, due to internal circuity that he installed that prevents his weapon from being used against him."

He was smart enough to "pad" his own systems against such a situation. More then likely, he'd laugh at them before causing some damage. Who's to say that his disruptor wouldn't "backfire" and actually cause his opponent harm when they tried to use it against him?

The weapon is more effective on actual computers/technology then transformers. At most, it'll cause involuntary stasis lock for a period of time. Brownout is a pacifist and would rather not fight.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Sideways wrote:Brownout's disruptor used against him would do no good.

"Brownout is immune to his own weapon, due to internal circuity that he installed that prevents his weapon from being used against him."
That was actually my point. It doesn't matter if he's immune to his own weapon unless he winds up on the receiving end sometime during the story. i thought it would be funny to see one of his enemies learn the hard way. Maybe it could happen sometime when the Decepticons have nearly defeated the Autobots, but someone (like Drag Strip) tries to finish Brownout with Brownout's own weapon (oops), giving Brownout the element of surprise for a few crucial moments (either because the Decepticon is busy gawking to see Brownout remain functional, or because Brownout fakes stasis lock and then makes a move when the 'Con turns his back).
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rhymus wrote: RATTRAP, is your Drill Bit's appearance based on any canon TF character or characters? maybe Armada Drill Bit or Cybertron Drill Bit or Universe Drill Bit or Kre-O Drill Bit? (For reasons i don't understand, i can't read your description of your character without picturing Armada Drill Bit's partner, Buzzsaw.)
Good call on two of those. Drill bit is based on a combination of Armada Drillbit, his buddy Armada Buzzsaw, an actual mining vehicle, and the fact that there is of course a Beast Wars Drillbit.
Rhymus wrote: From the way this conversation started, i thought we would be depicting TFs hanging out, more or less at peace--either mingling in neutral territory or under flags of truce, or during a time of peace (before, after, or between the Cybertronian civil wars), or simply focusing on off-duty TFs (on leave or in the reserves, for example--or how about in a neutral battlefield medical facility?)

From the way this conversation has progressed, i think we're heading more towards an actual Autobot/Decepticon conflict, with characters at war, trying to kill each other.

Which is it?
From my understanding, it is likely to be both of these. With parties hanging out in neutral territory and fighting outside of that territory, probably in a rather low period of the first cybertronian civil war (mainly due to the manpower numbers).
Rhymus wrote: What if, instead of evacuating a dead Cybertron and/or abandoning Earth, the TFs are actually heading out in pursuit of some MechGuffin? If more than one MechGuffin exists, and/or the TFs don't know where to find the MechGuffin or MechGuffins, that gives us an excuse to break into small teams, who may interact as they cross paths--an Autobot team and a Decepticon team may race/battle for one location, perhaps calling other teams for reinforcements, while elsewhere two Autobot teams pool information and find that each team has discovered pieces of the puzzle that the other team was missing.
Even with all the possible variations, our plot options so far boil down to small-scale space-chase or small-scale turf war. I will mention a third option, which I'm not sure how well it would work in our nearly ruleless system, is due to the low number of PC's and the chronic "too many chiefs, not enough indians" problem, we play commanders on each side that work to capture and control objectives that affect our ability to field troops. This would be relatively early in the Autobot/Decepticon conflict, think risk with RP with the caviat of PC's being worth a lot on the battle field and any PC vs. PC battle being mostly decided by personal duel.

In any case, I think we are perhaps putting the tavern before the campaign and should either resolve the plot differences in-character or in a OOC poll. We should either try to begin the actual RP and see if we have the steam to maintain it or focus on recruiting other potentially interested parties until we believe that we have the requisite steam to maintain an active RP.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'm undecided in the end in what character I'll play. I might just end up playing Sideways again. Who knows.

I've invited some friends to join the site, some of them may join the RP. Be nice to have some 'Cons. :twisted:
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Alright, someone needs to get you clowns straightened out and get you a roleplay started. Seriously you tried to get this going almost a year ago. This is happening, now.

Now I'll be honest in that I didn't read everything posted here in complete detail but from what I gather the idea is for either a good ol fashioned autobots v decepticons throw down, a peaceful emerging bar type gathering, or a little of both. Everyone wants to invite friends who aren't showing up. And no one can decide what character they want to play. That about right?

My two cents. Because there's currently about six people wanting to do this, I propose something similar to what's already been suggested. A group of explorers from one or both factions crash lands on an unfamiliar planet and must cope with the challenges that brings. Sort of stereotypical TF I know but we can put our own spin on it. Don't necessarily need to have enemy factions but make it more about survival on a hostile world.

That said, who is with me? Because unless I hear massive public outcry against this, I'm starting it soon. So man up or woman up and decide on a character. Take your seats, its time to RP.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'm onboard! Probably will end up sticking with my namesake. I have some tweaking to do with his profile.

Why don't we crash on Earth and go from there?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

So some jerk called me on the phone to tell me to get my sorry ass on the forum. I guess I'd better do what he says. Count me in.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

My character sheet has been updated.

I'm playing my namesake again. Still gifted with technology, but not over the top.

Prefers to use speed and agility to his advantage. He's very confident in his skills as a ninja, and is equipped with a cloaking device, but doesn't like to use it.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

I look forward to seeing this get up and running. Count me in.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'm really digging Blackjack's idea of crash landing on a hostile planet and attempting to survive. Perhaps we can have something akin to the Ark and Nemesis, and we're fighting to survive.

What kind of hostile environment do we make? Do we make it like Beast Wars where we cannot survive extended periods outside of our shielded bases in robot mode because of interference of raw energon or something similar?

( On another note, do we attempt to get some old regulars like Galvatron and Bumbleebee back into our land?)
Last edited by Sideways on Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I'm going to throw in an alternate character, as I'm not sure how Boss will fit in to an alternate RP style, without open war.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Whether or not this continues, I think it's time for me to bring myself back to normal boundaries of my character. No more alt-mode changes. I'm going to stick with the classic motorcycle mode. I would still like my character to be a tinkerer, having his lab and using that to tinker with technology which may be dangerous. No overpowered stats. No supercomputer, no virtual reality holo stuff.

This is dependent on my using Sideways. If we had enough players to populate both sides, I would jump in with my new identity, Scrapper.