Joyride's alt- mode

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Joyride's alt- mode

Post by Time Traveller »

Savanna, i'm hoping you can help me with this. My dad and i were discussiong powermaster Joyride's (1988) vehicle mode. The best we could come up with is a second-generation RX-7 with fender flares. i know that those blocky fender extensions were a popular design style in that time period (porsche carrerra variants were guilty) but he said he has not seen an rx-7 like that. if it is not the rx-7 does anyone know what he is?
Savanna RX-7 GT-X
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Savanna RX-7 GT-X »

Um, I found this image.

Says it is Joyride.

If its the one your talking about, its um, nothing like a RX-7, nor any normal vehicle. It looks like a dune buggy racer though
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i must be confused, with joyride and getaway then. er.... yeah. when i bought the figure from the guy, he must have had the names mixed up, and i guess i never checked. i'm talking then about getaway:Image my bad. shame on me *hides face*
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

Your link not worky for me, so this is the bot you mean this time I hope.

If so, I must say, that is most definitly a FC. The Front and Hood Scope give it away. That means I must now find a Camshaft, and a Getaway. This will not be fun.... That is if they made him into a figure.
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

I so wish I had money right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 25737&rd=1

And by seeing that Image, there is no doubt it is a FC.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

yeah, there ya go. i got one years ago, as i said, but i don't have his gun. the toy's fenders look more deceptively blocky than the one in that picture from his transformers : universe entry (which is the image i tried to post.) as for camshaft, i have one too, but he has no head. his face is mounted on a panel in the middle of the roof, and i think i have three now that are missing that panel. have you checked trance's store for either?
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

I dont check stores, when I have no money......
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Heh... money. A thing I never have. This is for sure. Except when it comes to the dinner bill eh TT?

Ah well. As for Transformers. According to Hobbytown USA's new mailer, they have a bunch of stuff there. Mayhaps I'll go check it out.

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe