Transformers (Optimus Prime) watch?

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

CheapTrick

Transformers (Optimus Prime) watch?

Post by CheapTrick »

I thought I heard about there being a Transformers (I think it was Optimus Prime) limited edition watch (I think by Fossil) . . . . anyone know if this is true? I heard about it not too long ago, so it would have been pretty recent I think, within a year or so. Thanks.

~CT
Savanna RX-7 GT-X
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Savanna RX-7 GT-X »

Google is your friend.

Google shows nothing under Optimus Prime Watch, or Transformers Watch.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I used to have a transforming watch when i was a kid but i can't remember if it was a "Transformer" or off-brand.
I know it wasn't Optimus Prime though.

Check E-Bay
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

google should show transformers watch, there have been many. including a variety of takara transforming watches.
however, fossil's website (www.fossil.com ...imagine that) reports no such thing. i doubt this rumor is true.
masoch

Your friends sometimes lie to you:

Post by masoch »

Apparenly Optimus Prime has become Hindi...

There ARE a few official transformers watches, of course.
And there IS a TF Energon Optimus Prime watch, that transforms... if you consider sliding Prime's visor up to reveal the time displayed in the middle of his forehead. (was about $7 at Wal-Mart).

I've also seen reference to an Armada Optimus Prime watch in a copy of UK Previews (essentially a comic shop's buying catalog). It was something like 8 lbs (the money, not the weight, of course). Didn't sound like it transformed, though. But it did say it'd play the theme at the touch of a button. Not sure if it ever *actually* made it to the market though. 99% of things that show up in Previews does... but once in awhile the manufacturer hits an irreconciliable snag before shipping. At the very least, there's a few late version prototypes.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

The only official watch I know, Transformed related, was the Takara Kronofrom which belonged to the Microman series. I am aware of a jet and a robot. If you go to the site www.seibertron.com, you may be able to find the Japanese commercials.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl