Jetfire Canopy

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

DillWeasel
Decoy

Jetfire Canopy

Post by DillWeasel »

I picked up a second Jetfire earlier this week. While looking at him side by side with my other one, I noticed that one had a painted frame around the canopy and the other didn't. I didn't know if this was common or not. Here are some pictures:

Image[/img]
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

The Jetfire with the lined canopy *should* be the more desirable "Matsushiro" jetfire. Does he have a Macross (i.e. Robotech) insignia on either of the wings? The copyright should also read "Matsushiro" rather than Bandai.

If none of the above is the case, then most likely, you have a Jetfire that's been cobbled together from spare parts, with the canopy coming from a Mastsushiro Jetfire, and the cobbler being a bit of a twit.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Also the antennae on the Matsushiro have more detail than the Bandai.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
greatshot
Targetmaster

Post by greatshot »

Jose wrote:Also the antennae on the Matsushiro have more detail than the Bandai.
I got my matshushiro jetfire last week. Everything checks out except for the antenna part. Mine are identical to my "regular" jetfire.

I placed the matsushiro and my jetfire next to my bandai vf-1s super valkyrie, the super valkyrie has more details (are they called indents? ) on the antenna's.

Somebody asked me if the macross decal on the wing was painted or if it was a sticker.. mine is painted.. But are there variants of this?

Macross decals are easily bought, so I am guessing a bit that there are beeing applied to non matsushiro's.

Havent found any other info about the matsushiro (havent spent that much time on it).