Transformers 'stands'

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Ironhide
Original Oldskool 'Bot

Transformers 'stands'

Post by Ironhide »

I've searched the web for display systems / stands for TFs, but have yet to find any.
Does anyone know if any exists? I'm thinking plexi-types etc.

Also, has anyone made anything to hang f.ex the seekers from the ceiling?
I'm reluctant to just hang them up with fishing line :P
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

I think fishing line is probably the best way to go for the jets. As for the stands, use shelves, book cases or something along those lines. I recall seeing a stand for sale on the Auction site, someone posted the link up around TFL somewhere....
Ironhide
Original Oldskool 'Bot

Post by Ironhide »

:lol: No that's not what I meant CM, I was thinking of individual plexiglass stands to place the figures on top of, inside a cabinet!

As it turns out, I got lucking when doing a search today,
have a look at this site:

http://www.nordisplay.no/Plexi-utstilling.html

I'm thinking about the stands pictured halfway down the page. :D
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Ah, now I understand. Those plexi-glass stands look like a good idea. Are they cheap enough?
Ironhide
Original Oldskool 'Bot

Post by Ironhide »

I'm going to inquire tomorrow.
Looks like the company is directed mainly at the store-display market, but really, how expensive can plexiglass be? :lol:

I use glass cabinets for displaying TFs at the moment, and these stands will effectively double space, as there's currently a lot of air over each shelf :D
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

If only I could find this stand. Only seen it once, and probably never again.
R.I.P. Menasor
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Are you looking at the stadium seating ones or the regular display risers?

I was able to buy regular display risers on ebay relatively cheap.

Staples used to sell display risers, but they discontinued them. Perhaps, Office Depot or Office Max sells regular display risers.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Hound wrote:I'm going to inquire tomorrow.
Looks like the company is directed mainly at the store-display market, but really, how expensive can plexiglass be? :lol:

I use glass cabinets for displaying TFs at the moment, and these stands will effectively double space, as there's currently a lot of air over each shelf :D
If they're targeting the store/display market, the price is likely to be quite high.

I've got some samples of a product that makes an adjustable display using black ABS, but haven't gotten around to messing with it too much yet... maybe this will motivate me.
Ironhide
Original Oldskool 'Bot

Post by Ironhide »

@Wheezel:
you could very well be right!
If so I'll look into buying just plexiglass plates, cut them to size and glue together :lol:
I really want them to be transparent so I can fit little guys underneath the stands :)

@Ratchet:
the stadium/'stairs' ones look nice, but I think I'd go for regular risers to maximise available space.
I'll check office suppliers too, thanks for the tip!
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Re: Transformers 'stands'

Post by Ramjet »

Hound wrote:Also, has anyone made anything to hang f.ex the seekers from the ceiling?
I'm reluctant to just hang them up with fishing line :P
I use a plant hanger hook thing and fishing line for my Unicron, lighter stuff I just tie up and staple or use a push pin.

You can't really see the fishing line, the camera's flash kinda brings it out more than it really is. Fishing line is really strong, but as you can see I have it strung through Unicron about 4 times. If it ever breaks, he's gonna take out a LOT of stuff!
evilone
Powermaster

Post by evilone »

i uses baler wire its stronger than almost anythin else an it dont break easy
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Hound wrote:@Wheezel:
you could very well be right!
If so I'll look into buying just plexiglass plates, cut them to size and glue together :lol:
I really want them to be transparent so I can fit little guys underneath the stands :)
The black system I'm referring to actually lets you fit guys underneath as well... it's kind of difficult to explain, I'll try to get some pics up in the next couple days.