stiff joints

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

stiff joints

Post by LD2062 »

I just got the body for brainstorm and the joints where the legs connect to the body are incredibly stiff. I really think I could break them. Is there anything I can do for stiff joints.

Especially plastic on plastic ones?

I broke off a peg on Mindwipe trying to get the hands to slide out.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

The brainstorm figure is tight on every one. Mine I just have to try and work the legs until they move. He is pretty sturdy, so it shouldn't break very easily.
R.I.P. Menasor
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i do believe that is a spring & ring joint with a really stron spring. those don't much break. it's the trailing tabs you have to worry about. (spring and ring is two toothed disks facing each other, one disk must lift to turn othe other. trailing tab is where there's a sideways tab that drags into and out of grooves on a peg. the tabs can break much more easily, and get loose much more easily.)
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

The leg problem is common i guess.That's where the usual instructions rule is invalid...( :arrow: excessive force is not necessary) :lol:
Just try to move them by holding the feet,as far away as possible from the hips.Mindwipe could be fixed i guess.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Alright, I did risk excessive force and it did help. Although only one clicks when moved, both are still tight enough to hold position. More than good enough for a body thats not even complete.

Any advice for those stiff hands that slide in and out of the arms? Like Mindwipe's where I broke the peg.
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

I guess need to be cleaned by dust.Remove the screws and clean the plastic.A soft tissue slighty soaked with water might help.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I did open up the arm with the broken peg. It was very clean, and still sticks.