Alternator Windcharger

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Alternator Windcharger

Post by Countdown »

Does anyone know why Hasblow didn't include the gun barrel?

Anyone know where I can get one? (custom I assume)

I was transforming him the other day, and I was really annoyed at how wrong he looks holding his weapon, I mean his engine since he doesn't have a real weapon!

Thanks for any feedback.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Part A:-
Aside from the lack of die-cast metal, the major difference between Windcharger and Overdrive is that Windcharger lacks the long drive-shaft/barrel for his engine/rifle accessory, which was even called a "shield" on the packaging. This was at the request of Honda's USA branch, who didn't like the idea of "their" toy toting a gun around. Since Honda's Japanese department had no such objections, however, Binaltech Overdrive did include an unchanged barrel. Other minor differences include slightly different visors, the paint applications on the front grille, and Overdrive being right-hand drive for Japan, while Windcharger is left-hand drive for the US
Part B.

Hot shot on this site sells repro windcharger guns. {I've had two from him, one for windcharger and one for decepticharge} I would reccomend talking to him if you want one.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Thanks Des!!

I always wondered why. I already messaged Hot Shot. Can't wait to make him look right!