G2 OP Missiles

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

G2 OP Missiles

Post by Ramjet »

Are the small black missile for G1 and G2 OP different? I bought a collection, it had an almost complete G1, but I also found some fat G2 red missiles in there. 99% sure they're original missiles. Anywho, I go to put them into my G2 trailer, and they don't fit. They will go, I guess, but they wouldn't fire, and they're pretty tight. Another mystery-these missiles fit into a G1 launcher fine. So do my other G1 missiles. Missiles in question fit super-snugly in the G2 launchers, but the G1's are super loose in it!?! Plus, they won't fire. Maybe they took out the firing mechanism in the G2 and the missiles were made to fit snugly in there?

What is going on???
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

That is weird cause as far as I know, G2 Optimus missiles are fat and Red.

Wait didn't G2 Optimus have a Rifle that fired missiles?

I know that when I was a kid I had a G2 OP and I could'ov sworn he had a Rifle(similar looking to the G1 Rifle) that fired a missile.

Or am I thinking of some other Optimus Figure...
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Wasn't there a pair of launchers that fitted on the outside of the trailer that those red missiles were for.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Yes, the black, small rockets for G1 and G2 op are different. The ones for G2 are slightly thicker.

And yes, you're right Deszaras. The G2 OP is supposed to have 2 missile launchers, meant for the red missiles.
Missile launcher

G2 Optimus prime + accessories
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

I still wonder if they took the spring out of the G2. I checked Fred's and it didn't mention it.

Anyone not familiar with Fred's, have a look:
http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vquanda.html
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Mystery solved! I opened up the missile laucher in G2 trailer and as you can see by the pics, Hasbro indeed did take out the springs! Don't they still included the release buttons, they don't work!

THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON