Transformers G1 Sticker sheets I need help with...

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Kasht
Noob

Transformers G1 Sticker sheets I need help with...

Post by Kasht »

Hi all,

I just joined the forums and I have several sticker sheets for G1 Transformers that I need help finding out who they belong to. I can include pictures later, but for now, these are the numbers:

* 5923/5720

There is one that I have that doesnt have any number, so I'll try to take a pic soon and include it here so you guys can help me figure out who is it from.

Thanks.

Kasht
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Hey there...thank you for putting this back on my radar.

I have an excel spreadsheet of G1 Transformer decal serial numbers and the figures they go with. Somewhere along the way I also noticed that these numbers correspond with a serial number printed on the box itself.
I'll find the list and add it to the IDENTIFY section of the website, yours are most likely on the list.

By the way, welcome aboard. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Matt (site owner). I hope you can stay a while!
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Welcome to TFL and good luck identifying the sticker sheets!
Why don't you introduce yourself in "The Billboard"? :)
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

I assume you already know this, Trance, but they also correspond with the number printed on the bottom of right of (usually) the last page of the instruction booklets.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Banzai-Tron wrote:I assume you already know this, Trance, but they also correspond with the number printed on the bottom of right of (usually) the last page of the instruction booklets.
Yeah, true, but for the carded ones w/o instructions this would be the best way :)
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hello and welcome Kasht :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Kasht
Noob

Post by Kasht »

Thanks everybody for welcoming into the community. I had 2 huge boxes full of G1 transformers and it would have taken me months to figure out which weapon goes with what transformers, or even the name of some of the transformers, had I not encountered TransformerLand. Luckily I found it early enough and I'm almost done with the sorting and classification of all of the transformers (only missing those sticker sheets, hehe).
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Ok, I've added a decal identification section to the page here:

http://www.transformerland.com/transfor ... heets.html

Hope it helps!
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Sweet! That's far more complete than my list... I'll be sure to put "Send Trance a list of "UNKNOWNS" on my to do list. I know I've got some of the unknown sticker sheets...

A quick question? Is verification from an ACTUAL sticker sheet necessary? If I have the manual/box/card, and a number from that, should I submit those as well (mentioning the # is from a manual, of course)?

EDIT: Did you do like I did and compile a lot of this from Botch's manuals, or have you verified everything through vast experience?
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Banzai-Tron wrote:Sweet! That's far more complete than my list... I'll be sure to put "Send Trance a list of "UNKNOWNS" on my to do list. I know I've got some of the unknown sticker sheets...

A quick question? Is verification from an ACTUAL sticker sheet necessary? If I have the manual/box/card, and a number from that, should I submit those as well (mentioning the # is from a manual, of course)?

EDIT: Did you do like I did and compile a lot of this from Botch's manuals, or have you verified everything through vast experience?
This is where databases are handy, I have a record of every item I've had in inventory for the past 6 years or so. Every time a figure included a sticker sheet, I'd be sure to mention the serial # in the item description. Yesterday I just ran a search to find all items that contained the number symbol (#). So 95% of the list comes from that. I gathered probably about 10 from Botch's site.

Ideally, if you have the actual sticker sheet, that'd be the best, but if you happen to have the package or manual, that will work too, I'll just note in the list that the # needs verification.

Some figures (mini vehicles, small action masters, and probably the firecons though I'm not sure on them) will have reference numbers on the card backers, but didn't come with sticker sheets, so be careful for that :)

I look forward to your list! And you don't happen to have any of the actual sheets for the earlier figures that had no serial # do you? I'll need some scans so they can be identified as well...luckily there's only around 10 of them :)
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Off the top of my head, I think I have about half of those early sheets. This is a REALLY busy weekend for us, but I'll try to get to it early next week!
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

Trance, there are a few with the same ID... :?

Off-Road Cycle With Axer 5922/5720
Shrapnel 5922/5720
Bombshell 5923/5720
Helicopter With Over-Run 5923/5720

I don't know if there are more, way too bored to check.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.