1984 Hasbro/Takara Megatron Walther P-38 Help ?

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

aepelt
Noob

1984 Hasbro/Takara Megatron Walther P-38 Help ?

Post by aepelt »

I have been trying to purchase the Transformers Identification and Price guide but it's always back ordered !

IM TRYING TO FIND THE VALUE OF MY 1984 TRANSFORMERS DECEPTICON LEADER MEGATRON WALTHER P-38 . . .THE BOX SAYS HASBRO ON THE FRONT AND THE BACK READS MANUFACTURED BY TAKARS CO. LTD . . .IT LOOKS TO BE NEW WITH SOME LIGHT WEAR ON THE BOX . . .IT IS COMPLETE WITH BOOKLET RED SHEET FOR SCOPE ETC. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED GREATLY ! Keith[/b]
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

If it's original, it's around $150 (assuming complete with box and styrofoam with nothing cut out of box or no major flaws.

However, it's difficult to tell the original from the Chinese knock offs, even the boxes and paperwork were duplicated...are you the original owner?
aepelt
Noob

Post by aepelt »

No . . I just found this today along with a 1984 TRANSFORMERS HEROIC AUTOBOT - AUTOBOT COMMANDER OPTIMUS PRIME #5796 COMPLETE AND IS PERFECT BUT THE BOX END IS TORN OFF . . .IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE COLLECTED THEM AND NEVER PLAYED WITH THEM BECAUSE BOTH ARE SHINNY SPOTLESS AND LOOK NEW !
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

The new Chinese knock offs are indeed shiny and most of the time, never played with.

Does your Megatron actually say "Takars" on somewhere? The fake Prime says "Iakara" on the box...
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
aepelt
Noob

Post by aepelt »

IT HAS THE FOLLOWING ON THE SIDE OF THE TRANSFORMER : HASBRO 1974,1983 MADE IN JAPAN TAKARA CO, LTD

THE BOX HAS HASBRO AND MANUFACTURED BY TAKARA CO, LTD

I FOUND ONE ON A SITE THAT SAYS "REALLY RARE" AND WAS LISTED AND SOLD FOR $450.00 . . .IM SURE THERE ALL REALLY RARE WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL IT !