ROTF Deluxe Sideswipe review

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

A no pics review. - ROTF sideswipe. {Open minded hopefully. I'll group my biased opinions till the end}

Vehicle mode:-
A silver car with dark blue windows. Rolls well enough and as always with autobots from the movie line the clear windos allow you to see the robot mode kibble. YAY!. There are a lot of lines all over this figure to allow transformation but these are normall blac/dark blue and show up a lot against the bright silver bodywork of the car. The rear part of the car liks to pop up if you pick it up from there but this is due to how it is joined for transfomartion.

Bias part:-
It's purpely down to personal tastes that I do not like the vehicle mode of this transformer.

Rating {Unbaised}
7/10 {Its a car, with a lot of dark lines between the panels breaking up the flow of the bodywork.}

Transformation:-
Reasonable. Its an odd transformation scheme for a carformer.

rating 7/10

Robot mode:-
He is not very stable on his wheel feet. this combined with his massive car kibble backpack {at least in the offical configuration} makes him fall over a LOT. His swords are nice and there is no spontanous revealing of a bright pink or cyan on the figure. The mech alive consists of a few soft rubber pistons around his crotch and his knees unintrusive but not really useful due to the problems the guy has standing up. The wheel feet kinda ruin this robot mode. If there was a way to fix the wheels and give him proper feet and heel spurs he's be a lot better.

Rating
7/10

Overall:-
vehicle:- 7/10
transformation:- 7/10
robot:- 7/10

Final:- 7/10

Notes:
Not a bad figure. The kibble pack can be moved in such a way so that it won't topple him over as much. While I don't personally like the vehicle mode of this figure but he is reasonable in robot mode and has massive balance issues.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee