ROTF Deluxe Ravage review

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

todays review ROTF ravage.

Panther mode:-
While not movie accurate colour wise this Ravage figure follows after his G1 namesake's colours instead. He is pretty awesome. The metallic teal, black and grey all work extremely well together. While upon first inspection I was unhappy to find purple light piping in his head rather than the more normal red that I was expecting it's grown on me. The hip guns have a good range of motion so you can either have them forwards like mine are in the pic or back over his rear legs. Both configs look excellent. While he lacks some articulation due to the way his legs are designed this takes away nothing from this fine figure. The mech alive jaw chomping action is nice but kind of unnecessary helpfully its non intrusive.

Rating : 9.5/10

Transformation.

Considering that he is basically a drop pod/protoform like thing in his alt mode his transformation is pretty neat it must be said. And he doesn;t come with the standard WTF (de)instructions like other ROTF figs. As you can easily understand them.

Rating : 8/10

Reentry/vehicle mode:
I was expecting this to be a throwaway mode but I have to say its really nice. Is really solid and to me anyway seems like some kind of ROTF movieverse insecticon, or a submersible, or a solar powered cybertronain space craft so you can decide what you would like to call it.

Rating: 8/10

total:
Panther : 9.5/10
Transformation: 8/10
Reentry mode: 8/10
final total: 8.5/10

Final notes:
Ravage is one of the few ROTF figures that as of yet feels like he is worth full retail price. The quality of this guy is top notch and he is awesome, so do yourself a favour and get one if you see him on shelves.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
AstroTrain
Powermaster

Post by AstroTrain »

i'm going to have to agree with Desz on Deluxe Ravage. Right now from the movie line I have:

Chromia
Sideswipe
Demolisher
Ravage
Sideways
Soundwave
The Fallen

And I'd have to say Ravage is my favorite so far...but only by a hair. I think in terms of looks that Sideswipe is just plain bad ass. I would agree that "damn he is good" as he proclaims in the film.
"In confusion, there is opportunity."
Image Want List
Sale List