ROTF Deluxe Skids review

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

{With thanks to a friend for letting me borrow his fig for a while}

ROTF deluxe skids

Vehicle mode:-
Its a green car with some black marks along the sides. the clear windows just let you see the robot mode kibble inside but are nice. Figure rolls well (if you have him all lined up right, if you don't he will not roll). Not much more to say there, like most autobots its just a car.

Rating:- 6/10

Transformation.

Vehicle to robot mode quite complicated for such a small figure which came as a nice surprise. Trying to go back into vehicle mode though was a hassle. The robots crotch would not go back where it came from and stuck out of the vehicle mode. Preventing it from rolling, which is just as well as it would cause some damage.

Rating 8/10

Robot mode:-

He's a bit short and likes to look down on people. He is a lot of fun mind and reasonably screen accurate. His massive backpack and the way it tabs into his body makes his head movements limited. As this is not my figure I won't be cutting the tab a bit so that the head can sit better. The nodding gimmick is kinda daft but its not bad.

Rating 7/10

Total:-
Vehicle:- 6/10
Transformation:- 8/10
Robot:- 7/10

total:- 7/10

Final notes:
Not as bad as I thought he would be. He is worth picking up purely to have some fun with him. such as the following little minicomic I have prepared for you guys enjoy:-

Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee