ROTF Deluxe Rampage

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

ROTF Deluxe Rampage

Post by Deszaras »

breif review of ROTF rampage:-

Vehicle mode:
Lets start here shall we as he is packaged in this mode. {and yet some ROTF figs are packages in robot mode...} He's a yellow bulldozer, with some black red and silver applications. Altought he features ruber tracks these do not move but instead he rolls on four small wheels on the underside of this mode. Actions wise when you lift and lower his dozer blade two pistons rise and fall along with it.

Overall a nice vehicle mode. 8/10
{Due to his colours and alt mode he kinda reminds me of G2 bonecrusher and as such when I forget his true name he will probably be called Bonecrusher.}

Transformation:
Quite complex for such a small figure has a rather useless jackhammer mode which could be used as part of a display if you wanted the contructicons to be shown doing some work. some of the others also have these 'tool' modes. Good concept that helpfully doesn'r ruin the figure.

Overall transformation rating 7/10

Robot mode:
Should really be called centaur mode as I think Rampage may be one of the only TF figures to have such a mode. When in his centaur/robot mode Rampage is pretty awesome to behold. His unique track whip weapons and cohesive colour scheme {No allspark blue patches to be found.} add to this. The only minor problem I have encountered comes from his spring loaded legs but once you get used to them they pose little problem.

Overall mech/centaur/robot mode rating 9/10 {Purely for his uniqueness.}

Note: transforming back to vehilce mode.
I had a little bit of trouble doing this the first time but after figuring out that I hadn't moved a panel into the right place I had no problems

Final note:
Out of the two ROTF figs I have so far acquired Rampage is superior to soundwave. I'll review leader megs later this week when he arrives.

Totals:-
Vehicle - 8/10
Transformation -7/10
Robot - 9/10

Overall total - 24/30 - 8/10

pics:-
the 'jackhammer' mode

The centaur/mech mode:-
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee