ROTF Superion Target Exclusive

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

ROTF Superion Target Exclusive

Post by Deszaras »

Review time.

ROTF superion

Air raid and airazor {AKA slingshot}
these guys are the same mold so I won't go into much detail on each. Each comes with a pair of guns and a bridge part. The bridge part is needed for combining and does not fit anywhere on the figures otherwise. You have to leave it attached to one of the guns for storage. Colours are nice on this pair, Airazor's arms don't sit right in his jet mode but thats a minor problem. A nice pair. Transformation is reasonably simple as befits there scout class nature.

Combiner rating :- {Robot:-8/10, robot 8/10, transformation 7/10} 7.5/10

fireflight and skydive
Pink{!} and brown with odd colour additions make this pair a fugly bunch. During tranformation those head guns will pop off and look like they could be easily lost. The energon weapons are good but the handles are very loose [probably due to mold degeneration]. Transformation is very simple, even more so than there fellow limbs. but you don't get the piece that can't be stored problem.

combiner rating:- {Robot mode:- 5/10, transformation: -5/10 vehicle mode 7/10} 5.5/10

Silverbolt:-
This guy is spindly and hollow. the jets nosecone doesn't sit right while he is in robot mode and he has annoying sliding leg panels {More on these later} The jet mode is very flimsy and tends to fall apart into some kind of flail mode when you try and do anything with it. Colours are nice enough though.

Combiner rating:- {Robot mode 6/10, transformation 6/10, vehicle mode 7/10} 6.5/10

Combined mode:-
Well to get him into this mode after getting the limbs right you have to battle with silverbolts sliding shin panels to get the legs onto there pegs. {You cannot hold the leg to ram the combiner limb into place, the bloody panel slides if you do.} After he is combined his head is very loose on its joint and he attempts to trip over his own feet due to there sheer size. And against the cockpit chest won't sit right. He looks pretty though.

Combined mode rating:- 6/10

total:-
slingshot {air razor} and air raid:-7.5/10
fireflight and skydive :- 5.5/10
silverbolt:-6.5/10
superion combined:- 6/10

Final total:- 6.5/10

final notes:
superion is not the worst energon combiner set. For the price he is marked at he is a good buy. Shame about the pink guy in the set and the minor flaws that mold degradation has caused.

pic of all three combiners:-
Bruticus maximus is the best of them all, and classics constructicon devastator is the worst as he is very floppy {and I had mine new out of its box for £25. it has always fallen apart at any hit of a light breeze.}. Superion may not be the best combiner set but he's not the worst either. I'm looking forward to getting the ROTF recolour of bruticus when he is released.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

My Silverbolt dosn't have that "Flail Mode" problem. He's very sturdy and stiff in Jet mode.

The sliding leg panels are quite annoying, But his connectors are tight and he dosn't fall apart at a slight breeze like Devastator.
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.