OPtimus cab

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

OPtimus cab

Post by LD2062 »

If I only have the optimus cab, the original version, how do I know which series it is? I cannot even find a manufacturing stamp on either of the 2 I have.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

There are better experts than I, but some of the later reissues have shorter smokestacks. Gen-2's have darker legs than the majority of G1's (purpley, I think), and there are other minor differences that those other experts will have to tell you.

Generally, the date stamps were on the trailer for Optimus and Magnus, though...
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Do you have pictures of him?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

pics! pics! pics!

Also, check out the fred's workshop link in the TFL links page. that guy seriously knows all.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

pictures here:

http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/qq24 ... omparison/

Now both sets of tires say formula desert dog.

I'm assuming the right one is G2 since its got that autobot text on the leg.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

If it indeed says "Autobot" on his right leg, with a G2 style autobot logo, you would be correct sir. other signs would be :
-Much lighter blue (some variants had purple!) on the legs.
-an autobot decal was provided for each shoulder
-no rubsign.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

You have a G2 Prime cab and a 1985 G1 cab. The G2 is very easy to tell for the reasons TT gave. The 1985 Prime (assuming the stacks are original) has rounded tips for the smokestacks, the first release has them with a straight cut. Labels are misleading, and so the rubsign, as they can be removed or replaced.

The easiest way to tell if you have a 1984 or a 1985 Prime is testing it with a 1984, or"bloated" fist - the ones with the extended thumb, as they look on the original Optimus boxart. The bloated fist has a wider peg, and it shouldn't fit on a 1985 cab, unless the frontlight is cracked, you have to look close.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl