ROTF Leader Class Megatron

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

ROTF Leader Class Megatron

Post by Deszaras »

Robot/Mech Mode:

Megatron:-
Megatron comes packaged in robot mode so lets start there. His colours are unified and match up quite well. He looks a lot better it has to be said than the promo pics that are provided. Pressing down the gold con logo on his chest rotates a pair of cogs inside his torso and makes him shout his name before laughing at you. [helpfully this part does nothing during the transformation of the guy so it won't irritate you] His right arm is a giant cannon which fires (in a wimpy way) a black missile. You can also shift a panel of armour down to be his claw/blade:
His left arm is less impressive but you can still make him put his finger to his mouth in an evil fashion.
Overall this Megatron is awesome. With a good centre of gravity so he won't fall over very easily, he looses a bit of posability in his arms but this does not bother me.

rating 9/10

Transformation:-

While reasonably simple for a leader class (not as in animated megatron simple though) the way megs transforms is interesting. Again the destructions can play a part when you need to bring his robot mode collar up to form his face shield.

rating: 7/10

vehicle mode:-

I don't know what it is about him in vehicle mode with his head pointing forward and the maniacal grin present on his face due to the sculpting he looks like he's enjoying himself far too much. Again if you want you can fire the wimpy missile and deploy the claw/blade for some tank jousting action:-
The turret doesn't turn but this doesn't seem like a problem to me. This tank is far superior to the previous movie megs and it is very solid if everything is clipped in right. Has a good weight to him as well.

Rating 9/10

Final notes:-

Do not discount this figure, if you are able to get him do so. The head sculpt is just excellent. I've transformed him a few times now and nothing has fallen off so bonus. {for example SW's legs and rampages shovel like to pop off a lot.}

Ratings:-
robot: 9/10
transformation: 7/10
vehicle: 9/10
total:- 8.3/10
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

His alt mode is way cooler in this line than the first.
R.I.P. Menasor
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

I bought this guy, and I like him. I agree, his left arm is a pitty.
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.
Swindle
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Swindle »

Where is his tranformation noise button? I pushed it once on accident but I cant find it.
"Make deals, not war!"

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

His transformation noise happens when you rotate his hips along the pivot that goes through his torso.

Sorry guys, i still love the kaiser wilhelm arm :lol:
Swindle
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Swindle »

Oh ok thanks TT :D
"Make deals, not war!"

Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

I have to admit I love this figure. Especially compared to that, as prime put it in the forest battle," Useless piece of tin", of the first movie.

He's even taller than first movie Megatron and a whole lot more maniacle looking.
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.