ROTF voyager Mixmaster

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

ROTF voyager Mixmaster

Post by Deszaras »

Mixmaster

Vehicle mode:-
Oh joy the name fits the bio. {Whereas Uni 2.0 stole mixmasters bio but not his name} Its a well detailed cement mixer alternate mode. Shame that an awful lot of it is soft plastic. The colours are nice but I personally don't like the whethering effect on him.

Rating:- 8/10 {looses points for the whethering and the soft plastic parts}

Transformation:-
Enjoyable and complex at the same time. His transformation scheme is unique to his body shape. Some of these figures have a manufacturing defect where one part is upside down. I have been told mine is not misassembled but that the defect only affects the shoddy cannon mode, which your likely to look at once then forget.

Rating:- 7/10

Robot mode:-
One of the more normal robot modes for the constructicon figures. He is an hulking brute with a nice range of movement in his limbs. Some weird dark crimson/purple colour has emerged during transformation on his legs. Would have liked the hands to have been designed to allow him to grip things but thats a minor complaint.

Rating: - 9/10 {-1 for the lack of gripping hands}

Cannon mode:-
Sigh. This mode seems like a complete waste of time to me. Its semi movie accurate as Mixmaster used it once. Its OK as an extra but seems like its just tacked on.

Total:
Vehicle:- 8/10
Transformation:- 7/10
Robot:- 9/10

Notes: Probably my favourite constructicon. Has a nice interesting transformation and a pair of decent core modes. Could have done without the cannon mode. Maybe thats why there a factory defect cause the designer thought its was crap as well.

Total rating:- 8/10
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

The only thing I've got to add is that I was dissapointed that the "tank' didn't rotate...
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.