ROTF voyager Stratosphere

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

ROTF voyager Stratosphere

Post by Deszaras »

Stratosphere

Robot mode:-
When it comes to kibble packs this guys got one of the biggest. The jet modes wings and tail part hangs off his back as part of this kibble pack. He has articulated hands which is rare for a voyager figure. It allows him to seize the bonus figure he comes with (More on this later) and attempt to crush it for the loss of the shuttle gun that was lost going from proto to production. He has excellent articulation in all of his limbs and his massive ski feet give him a large base aiding with balance when he is in this mode. Allowing for some decent poasability. His head sculpt is nice buts its far more human looking than the rest of the ROTF figures I have acquired.

Rating:- 8/10

Transformation:-
Very involved. There looked to be an automorph feature in his chest/cockpit but there's no nasty small cogs to break over time. Which is nice.

Rating:- 7/10

Vehicle mode:-
Ok while he can deploy a very small optimus prime figure, my attention is grabbed by the empty hole in his vehicle between his wings. this is where his shuttle gun slotted in on the prototypes we were shown. They could have at least filled it in when they removed it. He's got a nasty case of 'I'm not hiding my faction symbols in vehicle mode'. So any decepticon looking for an autobot would be hard pressed to miss him. Its very sold and has nice unified colours, always a bonus.

Bonus figure: - mini prime
Image{Not how small he is compared to the legends}
While this guy is nice, he can have balance issues and we all know that 90% of all second hand stratospheres in the future will be missing him due to his WSTF {worlds smaller transformer} styling. A nice little free bonus. But I would have honestly preferred to have the shuttle gun over this guy.

Rating:- 9/10 {-2 for lack of shuttle and the hole for it still being present, + for mini prime}

Overall
Robot:- 8/10
Transformation:- 7/10
Vehicle:- 9/10

Notes: A great figure but lacking the weapon {That he had as a prototype figure} and still having the hole for it to tab into hurts the figure slightly, preventing it from being an amazing figure. Still well worth getting though as he is one of the better ROTF figures.

Total:- 8/10
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee