constructicon accessories

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

constructicon accessories

Post by LD2062 »

Okay I've got a bunch of constructicon stuff and I'm trying to figure out which chrome accessories go to which version.

The drill- on the G1 version the stem has an extra cap thing at the end. On G2 the stem is straight and is just rounded off.

I have 2 of each. Now looking at the color plastic under the chrome 1 of each is purple the other 2 are green.

Which versions do they go to?
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

wait, I thought you already figured it out...the G1 version has the catch-tab, G2 is straight-ended.

Are you saying you have 2 G2 chrome drillbits with different color base plastic?
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Yes, I have 1 of each color with and without the tabs. So 4 total all different if that makes sense.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

My guess is one was gang-molded with each of the constructicons that have them, so those that were originally with a scavenger have one undercolor, and those cast with bonecrusher had another.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

LD2062 wrote:Yes, I have 1 of each color with and without the tabs. So 4 total all different if that makes sense.
This is very odd...I never noticed this...all the G1 drillbits I've ever owned would show purple when chrome worn. Can't say I have a good answer for you :(
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

The same phenomena happens with Hoist/Trailbreaker (orange/red), Bluestreak/Prowl/Smokescreen (red/white/don't remember), and other molds with common chrome parts.

Get this. I have a G1 Drill dasher, in uniformly terrible shape, and it came from a garage sale so i know it's original. between the chrome knee connectors and his drillbit, there are like FOUR different colors under the chrome! Leftovers, anyone?
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Personally, I think the most likely answer is that you have at least two vintage KO parts. (Though are you certain that the two G2 parts are actually G2? i.e. not G1 with the launcher catches broken off?)