Scourge vs. Targetmaster Scourge

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

johnnetee
Minispy

Scourge vs. Targetmaster Scourge

Post by johnnetee »

Aside from the larger hole in the fist, is there a way to tell the difference between a Targetmaster Scourge and an original?

It's only recently come to my attention that there's a variant Scourge out there which I had always thought was the Targetmaster Scourge. I bought a Scourge a few years back, being sold as the Targetmaster Scourge w/o Fracas. So, assuming I was getting an original Scourge, I recently bought the variant. Now I have what I think are two original Scourge looking at the fists. I never tried putting another Targetmaster into the hands of the one I thought was a Targetmaster.

I guess I could simplify my question here. Are there infact FOUR Scourges' out there? Original and it's variant and Targetmaster and it's variant? And if the seller is only showing pics of the vehicle mode, is there any other way aside from the fists to tell the difference between original and Targetmaster?

Of course, I know the answer is to only buy complete figures, but well, yeah... ;-S

Thanks gang! Jose, this is probably a question for you.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

This is question beyond what I know, actually. But the first Scourge has painted trim on wings; while the later ones have a sticker.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
johnnetee
Minispy

Post by johnnetee »

Thanks gang. The link Minerva provided really helped out a lot with not only Scourge but some of the other variants as well. I didn't realize there were so many. So sad Geocities is going away soon. I hope this guy moves his site to another location. Thanks again all.
johnnetee
Minispy

Post by johnnetee »

By the way... To anyone wondering what the answer to my question: The answer is there are infact 3 variants of Scourge. As Jose pointed out, the original was painted dark blue. Then, the original was released with the sticker instead of the paint. Then, the Targetmaster, with it's increased holes in the fists and on the head was the third iteration of Scourge to be released. He too had the sticker detail instead of the paint. Also, the little booster thing on his head can be found in either a glued or unglued state depending on the version you're getting. Check out the link the Minerva Provided up above for more variant information.

Thanks to Minerva and to Fred of the Futurist Group for providing this information.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

I'm glad I was able to help you out, johnnetee :)

Are Geocities really going away soon? If so, I do hope Fred's will continue elsewhere.
johnnetee
Minispy

Post by johnnetee »

OOOHHHHH!!!!! ;-)

Thanks again to Minerva and Fred of the Futurist Group, I just found that I have Gnaw and his variant. Such a small detail but I got him!!! ;-)

... now I just have to find his mace x2 and gun x1... w00t!!!