seekers

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

seekers

Post by LD2062 »

I just want to check. Is there any differences between seeker landing gear or black hands? So can I group them with whatever incompletes I've got?
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Not really for either. The only *significant* difference is single versus double tabbed fists. Though, if you want to get all nitpicky and OCD about it, head over to Fred's Workshop for the ultimate lesson in "wow, you've spent way too much time thinking about this".

http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vjet.html#fists
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

If you are really sure on where you want to go, about the fists: The cast number varies, I have found them up to #8 or so.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Okay, that didn't clear things up.

I got a set of fists today in a group of transformers. They came with 1 of each of his wing types thundercraker's, a small missile and a landing gear.

But they are single tabbed on the outside of the wrist with a small circle and I don't see and cast number. Where should that be.
Jose

Post by Jose »

They are on the double tabbed ones, near the wrist - I just went to check and found a #11.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

That link I provided goes into MUCH detail about those tab #'s. (and provides pics!)
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I went through the link, but he referred to single tabbed as being inside the wrist, these are outside.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

I think... single tabbed fists are ALWAYS on the outside of the wrist?
EDIT: Oh, I see, first sentence, lol. Darn speed-reading. I don't think he means "inside wrist" like we mean inside wrist. I imagine he means "the tabs are cut into the wrist area (in general). Or he made a typo. Anyhow, clearly, to my knowledge, ALL single tabbed fists have the tabs cut into the "outside" of the wrist.

http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/manyjetfists.jpg

(Every instance in that link where you don't see a tab is a single tabbed fist. And they're all on the outside)

And there's not always a number.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Excellent, I was beginning to worry they were ko.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Another question.

I've got several skywarp wings and it seems some of them have a longer stem to attach them. Except the longer ones don't allow the wings to fit flush to the body I have.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

There are several variations of wings and fins for the seeker jets. I'd like to believe that the short-pegged came before the long-pegged ones (someone, correct me if I'm wrong!).
Have a look here for more information:
http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/ ... #mainwings
Jose

Post by Jose »

LD2062 wrote:Another question.

I've got several skywarp wings and it seems some of them have a longer stem to attach them. Except the longer ones don't allow the wings to fit flush to the body I have.
Wings: Check the underside, on the long part parallel to the body; if hollow, it's a later version, if filled, it's the early version.

Body: Early ones have no copyright stamp and should have a smooth canopy (have found only the first three with this type; canopies can be removed); later bodies have copy stamps and ribbed canopies.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Well the wings and body I added to the lot of other accessories. They are both later versions going by what you said. Actually I think I swapped in the later version canopy since I think it looks better than the smooth version.