triggerhappy

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

triggerhappy

Post by LD2062 »

Today I got the targetmaster from triggerhappy but when I went to fold it the legs are VERY stiff when I try to move them past perpendicular. and I'm very worried it might break should I force it.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

You're right to be worried. Alas, I'm not quite sure what the solution is... my first instinct is to try a tiny bit of vegetable oil, as I'm relatively certain that won't harm the plastic. But I'd wait for confirmation from someone else before trying it!

(Though the problem might also be expansion of the plastic... in which case, as far as I know, you're boned, and you just have to move it and pray.)
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

When I have had figures which are too stiff, I have gone to the extreme of disassembling them around. If not possible, I just leave it as is. I've seen too many casualties by not following the instructions (where says "excessive force is not necessary - baloney!).
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Now, I'm kind of a gambler in this respect, but a couple of my D targetmasters are like that, and I just transform them anywho... Very slowly, with a thumb directly over the joint to keep the rod from riding up out of the clip, and knowing each time that I might fail :P I think it's how they're made: the measurements are a bit too close. I'll recommend ONE thing for sure. Don't remove the legs at any case. Pulling them past the barbs on the clips will stress the clips more than anything else. Slow, controlled, and close to the joint in question is always the way to work.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

In this case whats holding it up is a rigid on the round bar, I suppose its supposed to lock it in place.

I could easily smooth down that ridge. Its not like it really matter if the mini's legs are loose.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

just finish transforming it, i wouldn't modify the figure :)
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I have always found submerging figures in near boiling water to be helpful in tight joint situations.

using tongs, or what have you, place the figure under water for a few seconds (15-20) and then pull it out. Try the joint at this point.

*** DO NOT ATTEMPT IF LABELS ARE APPLIED TO FIGURE****
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

That is an interesting idea UM. I'm not so sure I would try that one. Water inside the TF doesn't seem like something I would want to do. Especially with metal parts and screws.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Works great on old school and new school Joes, both of which have a lot more metal than a targetmaster.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

yeah, this targetmaster is just two plastic units clipped together, don't forget. No metal :lol:
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Well, for that matter, you could (EDIT: CAREFULLY!) use a hairdryer or heater to help too. You're just trying to heat the plastic up a little to make it more pliable.