Universe 2.0 Hound w/ Ravage

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Universe 2.0 Hound w/ Ravage

Post by Ultra Magnus »

As Hound was one of my first transformers, this was a must have when I found out it was being made.

Bot Form:

The bot form on this figure is extremely faithful to the original but with the added articulation you would expect from a modern mold. He retains his big clunky feet, as well as his blockish head. Design wise everything seems as if made for the military by "the cheapest bidder". Perfectly sound design for this character.

Vehicle form:

The Jeep actually took a hit in design. This vehicle looks more like a beach recreation vehicle, than anything with a military application. The "designed" spot for the "missile launcher" is too thick, and is going to cause some cracked clips. eventually having that piece unbroken is going to be the trick for everyone that is not an in box, or one time transform display nut.

The transform:

Bonuses go to the legs and the seats. Detractions go to difficulty in getting the shoulders to move as they should.

Ravage is a nice bonus piece that does transform into something that resembles a cassette, if you have actually never seen a cassette. The only problem I have with panther mode is that the tail is too short.

overall grade for the set:

3.0 out of 5.

The lack of detailing alt modes for both pieces and the difficulty in transform for Hound, plus the seeming intent to cause a broken piece cause the score to drop on this one.
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

I loved this toy. Alas, a leg broke off of Ravage. Poor little 'Con...
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

Easily one of my favorites from the Universe Line.

The only problem I have with him is the lack of detail and Ravages head he looks like he has a beak to me...

Too me the front of the jeep looks a little like the jeeps in Halo and Unreal Tournament.

Also it's hard to keep his holoprojector cliped to his shoulder, mine falls off at a light breeze, but I still find this figure to be awesome.
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.