ROTF Leader class jetfire

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

ROTF Leader class jetfire

Post by Deszaras »

First up the robot mode:
Mostly a dark turquoise grey colour with some gold/yellow and some silver parts. He comes with a cane which is kinda useless due to the wheel on one end of it and a missile launcher shaped like a Gatling gun. Oh and unlike some other ROTF leader class figures he has posable digits {All three are linked together but he can grip things}. Also the combination kibble doesn't really get in the way here seeing as its basically stuck on his back. For some reason he reminds me of a turtle due to his hunchbacked shape but unlike megatron and prime he is unchanged from ths US one with concerns to his voice chip. As with all figures though there are some flaws that I will go into now. First off his whiskers are made from soft rubbery plastic which is very annoying as they will eventually bend out of shape. :( The other problem is his balance which means he is hard to pose as he likes to fall over backwards {making a transformation sound as he hits the ground backwards perhaps finally transforming into a pile of rusted junk?} and finally the boosters while on joints the joints holding them are very weak and really you can't do anything with them.

Rating: - 7/10

Transformation:-
First off he will only really fold up right in one configuration. The rubber belts for combining really get in the way during transformation blocking his legs from clipping into place. Otherwise the complex transformation is nice and fitting for a leader class figure. The kibble gun and two panels will probably pop off during transformation but it seems like the design is at fault here though.

Rating 8/10

Vehicle mode:-
Well he is very long and quite striking here well unless you pick him up as you will see the robot mode folded away underneath the jet mode. If the robot mode was black rather than the colours they choose it wouldn't stand out as much and would be a far better figure. Oh and despite the box claiming he is an autobot he possesses four decepticon symbols but doesn't have one bot symbol so you can use him as either. Oh and pressing a small button at the back of the jet mode makes jet noises. {Even when he is in robot mode.}

Rating 8/10

Final notes:
Jetfire is good but I personally would have preferred all of the dark turquoise/grey parts to be black instead which would solve the problems with the vehicle mode. I may eventually just repaint him black and add some detail to him to fix these problems myself.

Final rating:-
Robot:- 7/10
Transformation:- 8/10
Vehicle:- 8/10
Overall:- 7.7/10
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Sweet! Now if only I could find one (and the Ice Cream Twins!) at or near retail price. Scalpers. Bah.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

Banzai-Tron wrote:Sweet! Now if only I could find one (and the Ice Cream Twins!) at or near retail price. Scalpers. Bah.
BT just last weekend I posted a deal from toys r us about TD deadl and free shipping. you didn't look? Ouch. I ordered both leader class Jetfire and OP, shipped for $69.98. I think it was overlord that got Devastator from there as well.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Jetfire was sold out by that same Saturday afternoon then (when I tried to get mine). Count yourself lucky for beating the scalpers to the punch.

Devastator is a shelf-warmer around here. I'll grab him when he goes on clearance, maybe.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

Well then BT I'm sorry to hear that. Though as you said you spent roughly 10k on TFs this summer I don't really feel sorry for you anymore. :wink:
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Yeah, but I *really* want to make it 10.007k including Jetfire and the ice cream truck, lol.
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

Jetfire is quite nice. I agree with Dez that he's torso parts would have been better if they were black.
Mines knees are quite loose and I consistantly find him in a "squat behind the bushes" position.

The jet mode is awesome except for the robot kibble underbelly. It's about half the size of a 1/72 scale model kit of the blackbird I use to have.

Little bit of fun trivia: Did you know that you could drive a VW Bug through the engine casing of a Blackbird?
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Banzai-Tron wrote:Sweet! Now if only I could find one (and the Ice Cream Twins!) at or near retail price. Scalpers. Bah.
I've got a few RoTF Jetfire lying around at my store. I'll ship you one if you're interested.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Catalyst Prime wrote: The jet mode is awesome except for the robot kibble underbelly. It's about half the size of a 1/72 scale model kit of the blackbird I use to have.

Little bit of fun trivia: Did you know that you could drive a VW Bug through the engine casing of a Blackbird?
I'm afraid your model was not 1/72 scale, then.

Leader class Jetfire: 17.75 inches (1.47 ft)
Blackbird: 107 ft

1.47 / 107 ~ 1:72 scale
adydoc
Noob

Re: ROTF Leader class jetfire

Post by adydoc »

First off he will only really fold up right in one configuration. The rubber belts for combining really get in the way during transformation blocking his legs from clipping into place.

Where do the belts go in jet and robot modes? I Bought mint have only transformed twice, cant work out the belts?