powermaster optimus

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

powermaster optimus

Post by LD2062 »

I've seen several powermaster optimus's and they've all be the same all plastic with gray smokestacks.

Today I got a cab that has a metal front and chrome smokestacks. Is it a reissue or something?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Pics!

I don't think the TRU reissue is metal, off the top of my head, but the jap Ginrai or reissue ginrai might be.

pics and markings would be great!
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

i'll try and post pictures tonight. But off hand the only marking I see is l and r on the legs.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Sorry TT, you're wrong. US Reissue Powermaster Prime is also metal fronted, and has chrome stacks. That's most likely what gemma has. The only easy way to tell the Japanese (or Japanese Reissue) from the US Reissue is by looking at the copyright mark (or the missiles, if you have them. They're longer for the US, because we like to sue people for our own stupidity.)
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Powermaster Prime is supposed to have missiles?

Where should I be looking for the copy right stamp?
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

The Japanese giftset, and both reissues had missiles, yes. Technically, they belong to the "God Bomber" portion.

I'm not sure where to look for the copyright... I'm not even sure where mine are right now. Besides in a box... somewhere. LOL