ROTF voyager long haul review

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

ROTF voyager long haul review

Post by Deszaras »

Vehicle mode:-
A big green dump truck, so at least the name fits. Rolls well enough, he can tip his load if need be but alas as always there is a problem. Its not with the paint apps which are nice but with the colour plastic that is used, most of the figure is molded from a light green plastic but one part is slighty darker and is very noticable, It wouldn't have killed them to mold it all from that one plastic colour. He is unusually large for a ROTF/movie verse voyager though.

Rating 9/10 {-1 for miscoloured panel]

Transformation:
The deinstructions rear there annoying papery head here again. He is nicely complex for a voyager class but is not much trouble once you know what you are doing.

rating 9/10

Robot mode
Articulation and colours are good. No horrible colour reveals but there are some nice paint apps on this figure and even the clear plastic axes have small molded cybertronian runes on them very nice. His vehicle mode kibble can impede the movement of his arms in some poses due to the large vehicle mode parts on hie forearms. The mech alive gimmick is restricted to working pistons on his elbows but they do not impede the arm at all. He also looks a lot more 'normal' than the other constructicons.

rating 9/10

Final thoughts:-
It is a real shame that this guy {and subsequent waves of ROTF voyagers} have been officially cancelled in european markets by hasbro as he is by far the best ROTF voyager I have yet acquired. [due to the fact that his gimmicks don't get in the way of him being a great figure] If you have the means to do so I recommend that you buy him. (I personally hope for a G2 inspired yellow repaint as the mold is worth picking up twice.)

Final rating:- {Vehicle 9/10, transformation 9/10, robot 9/10} 9/10
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Good review! I'm almost beginning to regret not getting him..
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Wowza...I really like that robot mode.
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

I want this guy, just to have him.
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.
Scrapper
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Scrapper »

Seems a very good robot in both modes,i like especially face and arms..,I could buy it in the future...besides I've read in a review that transformation is rather easy.

Thanks for the review and pics,Deszaras.