A report on the new "HENKEI GHOST STARSCREAM"

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

NUCKATRON
Gestalt Team Leader

A report on the new "HENKEI GHOST STARSCREAM"

Post by NUCKATRON »

Whats up ladies and gents! I present you "HENKEI GHOST OF STARSCREAM".

Just got him in (in the U.S.) direct from Japan, so I cracked him open with no hesitation and here he is!!! Cost me an arm and a leg, but WELL WORTH IT! Couldn't be happier about how he turned out. HENKEI REALLY DELIVERED THIS TIME!

Theres been so many issues with this mold, i was really worried that it would suffer from at least a few of the same problems like floppy wings, loose joints, bad paint apps, ect........ Also being that this mold consists of allot of clear plastic, i was really concerned about it possibly getting some nasty lookin stress cracks.... I tell you, i had my poop shoot all puckered up as i transformed him for the first time!!! :o

But WHAT A RELIEF!! THIS THING WAS AS TIGHT AS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN THIS MOLD! Even tighter than my Target exclusive SKYWARP! Tight wings, tight feet and hands, knees, hip joints, tight EVERYTHING. Even the "landing gear nipples" are a 100% rock solid!

Connecting the null ray cannons on his arms........ NICE AND SNUG!!

Those were a huge concern of mine because of THUNDERCRACKERS arm holes. That problem with THUNDERCRACKER was such a let down... Such an expensive toy should be double checked and addressed by the quality control team before ever releasing it. For that kinda price tag, they should have offered a recall on that... oh well... I fixed my THUNDERCRACKER by putting a couple coats of clear nail polish inside the arm hole. :?

So yeah, it would have killed me to find that my ghost SS had the same problem as the Henkei THUNDERCRACKERS..... but WHAT A RELIEF!!! :D

My Ghost SS turned out to be the best made character I have of this mold.

So here it is ladies and gents, my super tight "HENKEI GHOST OF STARSCREAM" Zero negatives to report about the one I got.

Mr. T says... "moe den meats dee eye, FOO!"

(insert transformation sound here)
Overlord
City Commander

Post by Overlord »

cool. not really a fan of translucent/crystal figures but as long as you're happy do what you wanna do. maybe you should get a classics octane to display next to him, if you dont have that already

i'm wondering if any of the mods are gonna come here and move this to the teletran board.
mandyseven
Powermaster

Post by mandyseven »

heres my review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QiMQgurrkk

those are great pics...nuck what kind of camera do you have? and thats pretty cool wood there :)
www.youtube.com/user/RealistikkVideos

Transformers reviews channel
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Nice review mandyseven. :)
I think that's the first review I've seen that wasn't made by a guy!

If you dare, transform him completely, back and forth a couple of times as it should make the joints a bit less tight. Although, I certainly know what you mean when you say that you're afraid you'll break him..
mandyseven
Powermaster

Post by mandyseven »

thanx, Minerva :)

yeah, i was thinking that too..i havent seen any female reviews either. hopefully ill start a trend.

i am going to try to transform him a few more times. I guess ever since i broke g1 vortex on first try im scared now, lol

Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

vortex's arms have always been fragile as far as i know lol

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
mandyseven
Powermaster

Post by mandyseven »

oh good..now i dont feel like a doofus as much :)