BW megatron dragon

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

BW megatron dragon

Post by LD2062 »

Where is the takara stamp on the BW megatron dragon? Or some other way to tell it apart from the KO version.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I wasn't aware they were KOing Beast Wars toys accurately, seems kind of a wash considering the production cost of a toy like that compared to what it's worth.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

There are definitely KO version of beast wars. Mainly dragon megatron, optiomal optimus, transmetal rattrap, transmetal spittor, and armordillo. Although since most are not in the original colors they're easy to spot. On the smaller ones they don't seem to use any chrome at all.

I actually have all them except transmetal rattrap on hand right now. Only the dragon is giving me problems though since they made it in black and red. I've got like 6 broken ones, but before I start part swapping I want make sure I'm using the real ones.

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I guess I have to make the distinction between KO (like SPACE ROBO WARRIOR) and counterfeit.... an unlicensed to specifically intended to mimic the original toy in every way, with the intention of deceiving a collector's eye.... Higher quality, illegal logo/trademark usage, and all that.
I don't think they're counterfeiting Beast Wars yet.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Yeah I don't know that they are counterfeiting beast wars. But I'm still stuck trying to distinguish the KO from the real ones. I consider it highly unlikely that all 6 broken ones I have are KO. And yet I cannot seem to find a manufacturer's mark on any of them. But megatron has so many surfaces and moving parts I could easily has looked right past it.