g1 jetfire

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

g1 jetfire

Post by LD2062 »

I bought this G1 boxed jetfire today. Normally I avoid boxed G1 because of the slew of fakes. But I'm not aware of KO jetfires, although I'm sure the box could be repoduction. I'm not worried the seller scammed me. But they didn't know enough to know if it might be fake.

Comparing it with the partial jetfire I have it seems excellent. Same quality, same size and mold. But the stamp is different. On the boxed one its got bandai written straight out on the one side and tokyo japan written on the other side. On my partial jetfire bandai is written in cube with ban on top of dai. and on the other side it says bandai 1984 made in Japan.

The box has that gold seahorse sticker, I remember that was on some, but I cannot recall what that supposedly meant.

Aside from the stamp there are 2 differences I've noticed. The gray paint on the cockpit has a thicker edge and an arch over the middle of the clear plastic. And second, the center tab that touches the pin connecting the tail section to the body is white, on the partial its black.

I'll try and get some pictures up soon, but based on that information can anyone give me indications if this is a variation or KO?
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

There are about a dozen Jetfire variations. Go find one of my other posts that link to the new mirror for Fred's Workshop. Seriously mods... you guys need to sticky the link for that page somewhere!
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Well the variations he says sure make it seem genuine. I couldn't find a link for boxes there though. My box doesn't have Variquest on the front.

Heres his page if anyone wants the link:

http://reocities.com/futuristgroup/vauto.html
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Haha! The "VeriQuest" is the photo's watermark!
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I might feel stupid about that, but its not on all the photos. Most of those say fred's workshop.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Finally got around to taking the pictures:

http://s452.photobucket.com/albums/qq24 ... ire/boxed/
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I have yet to see a fake Jetfire; although you can find heaps of fake Macross Valkyries!

The horizontal Bandai is a "transitional" piece, right after they deleted the Matsushiro name. The Bandai inside a cube is the later version.

The seahorse is for Tatsunoko. All those toys related to shows from that company have it, you can find it on Macross, Robotech and Mospeada items... All coming from different makers (Takatoku/Bandai and Gakken).
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

Cool, glad to hear it.

Any of the fake valkyries good quality? I had some from macross 7 that used good materials. But I'd really like some from macross plus or zero.

Also for jetfire how is that gun clip supposed to be used?
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

You clip it to his arm, to hold the gun in jet mode.
Jose

Post by Jose »

LD2062 wrote:
Any of the fake valkyries good quality? I had some from macross 7 that used good materials. But I'd really like some from macross plus or zero.
The best quality known are Joons, made in Korea. Some provide interesting color variants, and they are very collectible. The problem is, they are old and a bit less expensive than an original re-issue, and harder to find.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
cjwang2
Decoy

Post by cjwang2 »

I have a painted wing Matsushiro Jetfire and I noticed that it has all characteristics of a Matsushiro one except that the antenna is smooth. I looked at the Variations page and there is no mention of a smooth antenna Matsushiro Jetfire. Is this legit? I received this from a friend back in the 80's, prior to any of us ever taking our Transformers apart.
george.mikal
Noob

Post by george.mikal »

Same quality, same size and mold. But the stamp is different. On the boxed one its got bandai written straight out on the one side and tokyo japan written on the other side. On my partial jetfire bandai is written in cube with ban on top of dai
Jose

Post by Jose »

cjwang2 wrote:I have a painted wing Matsushiro Jetfire and I noticed that it has all characteristics of a Matsushiro one except that the antenna is smooth. I looked at the Variations page and there is no mention of a smooth antenna Matsushiro Jetfire. Is this legit? I received this from a friend back in the 80's, prior to any of us ever taking our Transformers apart.
That combination is a mismatch, I have no way to prove its legitimacy, so I believe it was switched after it left the factory.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
greatshot
Targetmaster

Post by greatshot »

Jose wrote:
cjwang2 wrote:I have a painted wing Matsushiro Jetfire and I noticed that it has all characteristics of a Matsushiro one except that the antenna is smooth. I looked at the Variations page and there is no mention of a smooth antenna Matsushiro Jetfire. Is this legit? I received this from a friend back in the 80's, prior to any of us ever taking our Transformers apart.
That combination is a mismatch, I have no way to prove its legitimacy, so I believe it was switched after it left the factory.
Yours is bought back in the 80's? Then there was no repairing of the antenna's. I know there are some threads on macross forums regarding that bandai used the overstock of matsushiro's when they started producing jetfire's. So there are also "in between" variants.

Nowadays a common issue, the antenna's were busted and the seller put "normal" jetfire antenna's on a matsushiro. Wouldn't be the first or the last time I buy a matsushiro with this problem. Matsushiro mold should always have the indented antenna's.