Using old sticker sheets

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Using old sticker sheets

Post by Optimus Maximus »

So I been noticing all the sticker sheets being posted lately and I am considering buying a few of them. The problem I'm having is are they still gonna be good to use? Are they better off being used to just complete a complete boxed figure or can I still use them considering the condition of them or should I just go ahead and get repros?
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

In my experience, if you have a vintage sheet, its probably not a good idea to use the stickers. Some may be fragile, but ruining a mint sheet is not a wise choice as far as re-sale value goes. If you just want stickers, I would go with repros. They are not as much as a vintage sheet, but they look just as good, and that way you still have originals if you do decide to one day sell.
R.I.P. Menasor
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I would also get the repros instead. The glue is prone to perish.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl