Recent line KOs

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Recent line KOs

Post by LD2062 »

I've got some questions about possible KO from recent series.

1)I've gotten 2 RID Megatrons that don't say Takara or Hasbro on their stamp. 1 was listed as a JP version and came with a JP datacard. The other just came in a box of random figures.

Their stamps say:
(C)2000 T P C/T/TX/N
MADE IN CHINA

Now compare that to the stamp on the parts AMERICAN one I have:
(C) TAKARA 2000
(C) TX/NAS
MADE IN CHINA

(C) 2000 HASBRO INC.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

So the first would be wrong in an american toy for sure, but I really don't know for sure about a foreign one. Given the same date, and that the american one also includes TX, and NAS I do wounder if the JP is smaller because it wouldn't need to be stamped with markings for additional international contracts.

I've been looking online for information on KOs of this figure. The only KO I've heard about isn't painted. But this one is painted, and chromed, and has the clear plastic jewels. Comparing it to the American one this one seems identical. Its not flimsier, its got the same details, everything. This is either real or a fantastic counterfeit. And considering how complex this figure is versus how little value it has I tend to doubt it would be worth the effort to counterfeit this well.

2) is a recolor of BW armordillo, looking on TFU.info it would be the gold Psycho Orb version.

Except this one has a transparent blue head, where his should be gold. Now I always assumed he was KO because its a flimsy piece or crap and the weapons are all one color plastic with painted toes.

So I pulled it out to see if the stamp looked anything like the RID galvatron one. And the BW one actually is marked takara and hasbro 1995.

Can anyone shed some light on these?