New to this forum!! and I need help to find something!!!

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

taulkis

New to this forum!! and I need help to find something!!!

Post by taulkis »

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum hoping to find answers to a search I have spent years trying to find. Back in the 80's, they came out with a series of Transformer Books, I believe they were similiar to the Comics (possibly made of newsprint too). I seem to recall them being smaller in size, about the size of a TV guide or Readers Digest and inside the books were Stats of Transformers, both Autobots and Decepticons. I've asked around to all my twenty something Transformer friends and none of them have heard of these. I know they exist!!, I remember seeing them in the book/drug stores when I was younger. Even though I never had the money to buy them, my friend at School always had them and I was lucky enough to borrow them a couple of times.

Really neat books and like I said they had all the Stats of the Transformers inside very similar to the stats cut outs on the backs of the toy packages. Some of these stats from the books got reused in the backs of some of the comics as add ons. I'm not sure how many of these books were made, they might have had about 4-6 different books published (obviously with different stats each book). If ANYBODY knows what I'm talking about. please for the love of god, help me ...so I can sleep easy again and not slowy go crazy. Any information would be helpful, a picture, the name of what they were called (so I might find them on Ebay) anything...

Thanks Everybody!
Taulkis
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Transformers Universe, published by Marvel along with the comics. 4 issues, they continued the series by printing stats in the last couple pages of the regular comic issues. Here's a link to some pics. You should be able to pick up a set for a few bucks a piece on Ebay or somewhere. Sweet dreams!

http://www.cosmicrust.com/comics/universe.php
taulkis

You the Man!!

Post by taulkis »

I can't tell you how crazy I was getting, trying to remember these books. Ever had something that you remember when you were a kid and trying now to find it?. I've got a list that I'm trying to put together and complete and these babies were the holy grails....lol, thanks buddy!!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

sure thing! you'll really like them, i have a set of my own. and yes, that's happened. with a song i heard when i was little(the eye in the sky). i found the song on one of my dad's albums, got into the artist, and this year he bought us the whole collection of alan parsons project on cd, and they performed live at MTU this year, and i got to meet Alan in person!