G1 optimus KO indentification

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

eszanto
Noob

G1 optimus KO indentification

Post by eszanto »

Hi guys! I would like to ask if there is any way how can I tell a boxed G1 prime from a KO?

this picture is all i have: http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll19 ... _Prime.jpg

Thank you for any advice

Erik
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

that LOOKS origanal to me

but i could be wrong :)
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

I'm no expert, but at least the box looks legit to me. I don't know about the actual figure though...
I guess that if you can't see the figure you can't tell for sure, unless it's MISB.

Perhaps this can be of some help to you:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... sited.html
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

The figure could be original, but the box looks too good for me. I can't tell from that picture, I have to see if at the back says "Takara" or "Iakara".
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Need more than that pic.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Jose wrote:The figure could be original, but the box looks too good for me. I can't tell from that picture, I have to see if at the back says "Takara" or "Iakara".
You're right, Jose.
The box doesn't seem to have the obvious tell tale signs that it's fake, but it does look too good...
eszanto
Noob

Post by eszanto »

Jose wrote:The figure could be original, but the box looks too good for me. I can't tell from that picture, I have to see if at the back says "Takara" or "Iakara".
That's exactly what I thought when I saw it. That photo was all I got after I asked for pics.
Anyway, let's imagine it is genuine- what would be the reasonable price? Because 60 GBP seems very fishy to me :?
audionmotionink
Alternator

Post by audionmotionink »

i paid 182.50 for mine. to me it was worth it. i guess its worth it if you are willing to pay the price. there are some people who don't know the value of it, but those are few and far between. if it is authentic and you get it cheap, then you got a DEAL!!!!!
i'm always looking for optimus prime, nemesis prime, ultra magnus, bumblebee, megatron, starscream (allversions EXCEPT BW,BM,TM)
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

price usually depends on if its complete ... does it have instructions ... tech decoder etc
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

If Prime is authentic and complete, GBP 60 sounds like a very good deal to me. The box, if fake, would still make a nice filler.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Actually, you don't really need much more than that pic, at least as far as the box is concerned. It doesn't have ANY of the telltale KO signs. And the odds that someone would stick a fake prime in a real box that nice are ridiculously slim.

I'd say with 99.5% certainty that it's legit.
As for you "that box looks too good" folks... err, not really. It's got a crease on the upper left flap, edge wear, corner wear, a little smash in the center above prime's gun... that's not atypical at all for one that's been admired on a shelf for 25 years.

Do you know if this is still stealed? I ask, because it doesn't look like the stickers have been applied yet (even the REALLY lazy kids applied the autobot decals onto the upper arm!).

60 GBP is a great price if it has been opened. An absolute steal if it is still sealed.

EDIT: The price DOES seem fishy... What's your source? If this is a craigslist type deal, watch out for someone trying to pull a bait and switch (i.e. sending you a pic of real Prime, and then trying to hand off a fake one to you. Be sure you're up on the fake Prime telltale signs (the quick and easy ones are the grey border, the placement of "Formers" and the period instead of semi-colon in "Ages: 5 & up"
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

5ince apparently deliberate typos are a telltale sign of a knockoff, i'll put my grammar-obsessiveness to (hopefully) good use and point out that a COLON is like this guy's eyes...

:-)

and a SEMICOLON is what you use if he winks...

;-)

So Banzai-Tron probably meant...

"Ages: 5 & up" = correct

"Ages. 5 & up" = fake

"Ages; 5 & up" = fake
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)