Alternator/Binaltech

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

BlackHoleMe
Noob

Alternator/Binaltech

Post by BlackHoleMe »

I need identification help and would be very grateful to anyone who can provide any assistance.... basically I bought a transformer at a recent convention(heroescon in charlotte nc) and bought what I believed to be Alternators silverstreak..... BUT.... the steering wheel is on the right.... all the paint apps/joints/head sculpt etc seems to be right on so I doubt it's a knock off... but I also doubt it to be a binaltech as it's almost all plastic... there are only one or two metal parts near the center.... can anyone help in identifying this? Thank You, Gary
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Gary, you do indeed have a US Alternators Silverstreak. Oddly, near the end of Silverstreak's release cycle, they released a RHD variant on the domestic market. I remember seeing them in stores as casemates with later waves of Alternators, but at the time I didn't have the capital to buy one just for the Japanese dashboard. I couldn't say which version is more common, if either.
Welcome to the forum, and stick around!
BlackHoleMe
Noob

Post by BlackHoleMe »

Thank you very much for helping me out.... and yes i'll be sticking around for sure... glad to be here because I'm pretty new to transformers in one sense and very old to transformers in another sense... either way I'm still learning a lot... and thank you very much!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

We're glad to have you, and we get cases like that a lot. It's really not like riding a bike, one can forget or miss a LOT in the intervening decades!
I'm old to transformers in both ways... I never gave up the hobby :P
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

* bows as i back away from TT *

Oh mighty guru... we mere mortals are not worthy :lol:
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

my steering wheel is on th right all th time................

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

that's because Australia decided it was easier/more affordable to import cars from Japan, who picked up the British model of driving on the wrong side of the road.