Gen 2: Gobot Bumblebee Gun Question

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Gen 2: Gobot Bumblebee Gun Question

Post by Countdown »

I am looking at pictures of gobot bumblebee online - in particular his weapon.

It looks like the weapon has a tiny peg to fit the fist of Gobot Bumblebee. The tiny peg seems to be attached to a larger round peg. I am curious if this would fit a more recent generations/classics figure.

Does anyone have one of these weapons? And if so, would you see if it fits Classics Bumbleebee?

Thanks for any replies!
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

i own neither of these figures.

However, i have seen a MOSC mint-on-sealed-card Classics Bumblebee, and somewhere i have a 2003 Universe "Spy Changer" Jazz and a 2003 Universe "Spy Changer" Wheeljack. i believe all the Spy Changers, G2 Go-Bots, and any others of that mold-type used the same kind of weapon accessory (a gun that stores plugged into the underside of the vehicle mode, between the robot's legs) and i would guess those guns are much too small for any Classics figures. Even if the Classic guy could hold the Go-Bot's gun, i imagine the proportions would look more like he was holding a screwdriver than a pistol.

Why do you ask, by the way? Contemplating a purchase, planning a kitbash...?

In any event, see if anyone else has a less-guesswork answer than mine.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Just buy that ^^^. And your problem is solved. :wink: Comes with a host of accessories including: a Blaster for Classics Bumblebee, Shoulder mounted Rocket Launchers for Mirage and Sideswipe, Machine gun for Universe Hound when he's in jeep mode....and even an Energo sword for Classics Grimlock.

And yes....the trailer isn't half bad either. :lol: I want it pretty bad myself. :(
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Alas no. Sadly I do not have any grande plans for customizing. I was solely interested in getting Bumblebee a weapon to attack Decepticons with.

I saw that earlier when I was doing some research on arming BB. I've decided to buy it. I also plan on buying some other third party products soon and that trailer might be farther on the list since I don't yet have the OP for it. Which I would be happy to acquire the OP if I found it for an affordable price.