Transformers Universe/Classics/RTS Hot Rod

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Transformers Universe/Classics/RTS Hot Rod

Post by Countdown »

Can anyone tell me where the Hasbro/Takara stamp is for this mold?

I think I may have been bamboozled. Thanks!
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

i can't answer your question, so i'll ask some, instead:

Momentarily ignoring the honesty of the seller, do you want an authentic Transformer, or would you be satisfied with a reasonable facsimile for play/display? Does the piece you received look good? Does it pose well? Does it transform correctly and smoothly? (Actually i have some genuine TFs that don't transform smoothly, but that's a different issue.)

If you got a decent-quality fake, i'd be sorely tempted to offer to buy it off you. What would be your asking price for a thing like that?

Come to think of it, if your Hot Rod is counterfeit, i'd be curious to know who's making knockoffs of that mold, and what else they have available.

...Hasbro must hate "fans" like me.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I would like an authentic transformer since that is what I believe(d) I purchased. I also want to display it. I do like to periodically pose the figures.

Yes it looks good.

No, it doesn't pose well. One of the arms is so loose that if I raise it, gravity will do the rest.

Yes, it does transform correctly. No, not smoothly. Both of the arms pop off during transformation. I don't have that issue with my Classics/Universe version.

If it was a decent quality fake, I would let you pay shipping and I would give it to you.

And, I belive CHMS will be making counterfeits of that mold. For now there are oversized knock offs of this mold.

I originally believed this to be a counterfeit. However, after some research and reading forum posts on other forums (which I don't remember where), I have learned that their is a lot of mold degradation for Hot Rod. The arms are extremely loose and Hasbro has not fixed it yet.

What bothers me is that my first RTS hotrod's shoulder disintegrated. So I got another, now the other shoulder is loose. I just can't win.

I still am curious where the mold stamp is. I can't find it anywhere.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Countdown wrote:What bothers me is that my first RTS hotrod's shoulder disintegrated. So I got another, now the other shoulder is loose. I just can't win.

I still am curious where the mold stamp is. I can't find it anywhere.
I wish I could help you out there, but my BIS 2 pack is still sealed. I already own Universe Cyclonus and plan on picking up a Classics Rodimus one day soon...when that happens I'll be getting rid of the RTS set. As not only do the colors look "off" and won't match the Protector Armor but these QC issues concern me as well.