IG-TF007 Originated From....

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

IG-TF007 Originated From....

Post by Countdown »

Hi all,

Question for all of you smart Bots and Cons.

What was IG-TF007 (iGear's Autobot Ark/Teletran 1 Set) based off of?

I thought it was based off decks/bulkheads for Macross Diorama or a similar robot/mech themed diorama. But, I can't find it online. Do they still sell the original version somewhere? Does anyone know where I can find one?

Thank you all for any light on my mini mystery!

--EDIT--

I answered my own question!! They are extremely similar to Bandai / Kotobukiya's / Gundam Mechanical Chain Bases.

Does anyone know which US retailer still stocks these? My google-fu isn't working very well.

--EDIT #2--

Ebay of course... Silly me.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

God, I want one of those SO BAD!!!!! (IG-TF007). But yeah, those Mechanical Chain Bases are a hot item right now with many customizers using them for their Decepticon/3rd Party dioramas.....namely Hercules. As for the IG-TF007, they are very hard to come by now....funny as the original stock had to be clearanced out. There was one on Ioffer a few weeks back for $250/free shipping out of China and that's probably the cheapest you'll see them in this day and age.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I was afraid they would be too fricken expensive.

I still have hopes for getting a few of them, but not at $250.