I need ID help

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

CNA
Noob

I need ID help

Post by CNA »

I have 2 Optimus prime trucks, the trailers are gray (the original one) and black (1992, I believe). The red cabs for these two are virtually identical except that the in robot form the legs on one look purple (possibly dark blue) and on the other they're a medium blue. I can't find a date on either, so how can I tell which cab goes with which trailer? I'm just starting to get into Transformers, and managed to identify almost all of an 80-piece collection, but this one has me stumped. Thanks in advance.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

The problem with optimus is that they keep reissuing him. Someone with some actual expertise will likely be along soon. But I believe dark blue legs and grey trailer are G1 style, and light blue legs and black trailer are G2 style. Although I thought the G2 version said autobot or something on the back of one leg.
CNA
Noob

Post by CNA »

Apparently I was looking too hard for smallest differences and missed something that was staring me right in the face. Much thanks for the help.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

The G2 Prime has "Autobot" stamped on the leg, which goes with the black trailer.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl