OPtimus Missile variations?

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

OPtimus Missile variations?

Post by LD2062 »

I have 2 sets of missiles that differ from the ones shown in the database here. But I got all these missiles with legit stamped figures. Are these legit? Is there some kind of database for accessory variants?

the first set is missile from the beast wars optimus primal.Image

This version is the one shown on TFUinfo.
http://www.tfu.info/1996/Maximal/Optimu ... primal.htm

The second set from RID optimus.

TFUinfo actually has a 3rd variation.
http://www.tfu.info/2001/Autobot/Optimu ... sprime.htm
trance
Site Admin

Re: OPtimus Missile variations?

Post by trance »

Not sure what you're getting at with the Optimus Primal missiles :)
But on the RiD Prime missiles, I know what you mean...I've got both sets as well. Initially I thought one set went to Super Fire Convoy or some Japanese variant thereof, however I also had a boxed Fire Convoy and his missiles were not much different (there than having some metal flaking in the paint job) than the first set.
If you figure it out, let me know :)
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

In the database the optimus primal missiles have a wider collar section near the tip of the missile that mine doesn't.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

There are definitely at least two variants for US RiD Prime, flat and round tipped. There is also a variation involving two small fin-like protrusions toward the base of the missile, as you can see in our archive pic. The launchers on the figure also change... the older version (with fins) has small slots on the launcher face for those fins, and the newer variation (yours) has a smooth launcher face.

I'm guessing the Optimus Primal variation is the same thing. The sheave that our pictures show was probably added to help them store in the back slots or something. The non-sheave version (yours) is probably older, since the OP recolors all have the sheave.