Optimus Trailers

Discuss in-depth toy info: markings, variations, packaging, or paperwork, or ask our experts your tough TF questions! General ID questions go in Toy Talk.

Moderator: Jose

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Optimus Trailers

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I have recently purchased a classics voyager edition of Optimus Prime. I really like this figure, and feel he is a nice addition, but now I want a trailer for him. The gen 1/ gen 2 standard roller-included trailers do not seem to be the right size. They would must likely hang off at a weird backside slope.

Having looked through the archives here, I am under the imprssion that the Power masters trailer *might* work?

Does anyone here have any advice/input on this?
Last edited by Ultra Magnus on Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

TT is the man to speak to about that one.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

It just so happens that i have all my optimi on the shelves now. No trailers really fit classics prime. The PM prime trailer is a male end, and the design makes even towing it with the PM cab a little awkward. I'd suggest making something, or getting a similar size model trailer, and modifying its hitch.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

So, TT is there an actual Prime trailer the would "fit" size-wise? I am not afraid of modification. I mean there seems to be a powermaster OP trailer on the store here that already has a broken hitch. :)

I am more worried about making turns with the truck post modification, since the prime in question forms an actual square peg with the hitch area of the cab.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Upon further reflection on the matter (I had been thinking of modification for monthes and this never occured to me), it might be easier to go with a Gen 2 (yes I like the Black w/ the "Optimus" on the side, it pretty much say, "I ain't afraid of being spotted by Starscream"), and simply putting a riser in the back wheel supports. The only question I have now would be whether or not this piece is attached by screws, or a plastic tab system that would break too easily in the disassembly?
Commander Megatron

Ultra Magnus wrote:"I ain't afraid of being spotted by Starscream"),

Maybe not but he would stand out a mile for me to end his miserable existence.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Sure it is only spelling it out completely for you, as I am sure you are not swift enough on the uptake to recognize the large standard Autobot insignia on the gen 1 trailer, Megs. :D
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Shut up. You were a bright green tank with purple "camouflage". Like you're any better.

As for the G2 trailer... you'd need a 1/2 to 3/4 inch of riser... and the hitch still wouldn't fit. with a model trailer, you could get something that sits about the right height, then take a slice of plastic tubing big enough to fit Classics prime's square in it, and glue that onto the trailer in place of it's hitch.
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Ultra Magnus wrote:Sure it is only spelling it out completely for you, as I am sure you are not swift enough on the uptake to recognize the large standard Autobot insignia on the gen 1 trailer, Megs.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*wipes tears away*

omg...
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

Ultra Magnus wrote:Sure it is only spelling it out completely for you, as I am sure you are not swift enough on the uptake to recognize the large standard Autobot insignia on the gen 1 trailer, Megs. :D

Commander Megatron

Thats what its for!!!! Silly me, I thought it was to remind himself and everyone else who he was. *tut* sorry everyone. :wink:
Cyclonus

Post by Cyclonus »

Commander Megatron wrote:Thats what its for!!!! Silly me, I thought it was to remind himself and everyone else who he was. *tut* sorry everyone. :wink:
lol!! Good come back boss.

Magnus did you ever get trailer that fitted?
Commander Megatron

Did you ever get the trailer sorted?
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Time Traveller wrote:It just so happens that i have all my optimi on the shelves now. No trailers really fit classics prime. The PM prime trailer is a male end, and the design makes even towing it with the PM cab a little awkward. I'd suggest making something, or getting a similar size model trailer, and modifying its hitch.
Totally off-topic, but wouldn't be the plural for Optimus "Optimae", as it is male? Ending with "i" is for female gender.

Just asking, I have never had any formal Latin classes. All I have learnt is from Asterix!
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Heh. I know but a few words of latin. I think Optimi (when pronounced op-tuh-my) sounds better conversationally. Oh well. Besides, you know the saying... but we're hardly in Rome.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Commander Megatron wrote:Did you ever get the trailer sorted?
Actually, I did. I ordered a power master trailer, and have actually drilled a hole in the back of the classics voyager Prime for the "male connector".

I figured this would be the safest and most simple thing to do, as the Prime is easier to replace than the gen 1 or 2 trailers (and worth a bunch less as well) if anything went wrong.

I will post pictures soon. (gimme a week or two on this)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I'm thinking of buying a 1:25 box trailer model and building it up as movie prime's trailer. I also wish i could afford a second movie prime, so i could get all the chrome parts chromed, and do some detail painting, like all the little running lights.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

bagales wrote:
Time Traveller wrote:It just so happens that i have all my optimi on the shelves now. No trailers really fit classics prime. The PM prime trailer is a male end, and the design makes even towing it with the PM cab a little awkward. I'd suggest making something, or getting a similar size model trailer, and modifying its hitch.
Totally off-topic, but wouldn't be the plural for Optimus "Optimae", as it is male? Ending with "i" is for female gender.

Just asking, I have never had any formal Latin classes. All I have learnt is from Asterix!
I have always just said, "Optimoose" ;)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Wouldn't the plural then be Optimeese?

this is getting relatively ridiculous.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I hates meeses to peices!!!! (of course you are probably way too young for that reference, TT.)