Rules for the Roleplay, PLEASE READ!

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Rules for the Roleplay, PLEASE READ!

Post by Blackjack »

Here are a few rules to live by for the RP. If you are confused about any of them and would like clarification, please feel free to PM me. These are meant to make the roleplay more fun for everyone involved. If you have a problem with one of the rules, please PM me or an admin. Myself and the admins reserve the right to modify and add rules to this list if necessary.

1. Always get permission before taking control of another player's character. If you want to briefly direct a character who is not being played, that is fine.

2. In regards to rule 1, every roleplayer should try to limit themselves to one main character that they play. It is confusing for everyone if you are trying to act as several different characters at once.

3. Be considerate of others. If you know what you post will have an affect on someone else's character or that they would like to respond to it, then give them an opportunity to do so. Don't just keep moving things so fast that only a few people can respond. Sure this will slow things down considerably, but it makes the RP a lot more enjoyable for everyone.

4. Post in such a way that everyone can understand what you mean and what your character is trying to do.

5. Always read other people's posts in an RP and try to get a good picture of what is currently going on before you post.

6. Do not play a character with no weakness or a weakness that is easily corrected. No Autobot/Decepticon (no person for that matter) is perfect. There are those who are stronger than others (ie. Megatron and Optimus Prime), but no one character is completely invincible. To play such a character completely ruins the fun of the roleplay for everyone else. This is called "godmodding", please don't do it.

7. When battling another player's character, please be fair to that player. This includes the rule of no instant kills. Give your opponent a chance to react before continuing on.

Thank you and happy roleplaying.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

I think that this is starting to become a problem with certain events that have been going on here.

8. A character should not automatically know things that the player knows. When a character knows something that a player doesn't it makes the game less fun for the player who is trying to keep a secret. Characters having player knowledge is called "metagaming" and it should be avoided.