Iacon

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Redline
Alternator

Post by Redline »

Redline stepped into Nighteye's main hatch, her feet clanging on the metal floor and echoing through the silence that enveloped the hallway. I wonder where everyone is... The hallways continued to echo as she made her way to the medical bay. Once there, she gingerly placed the parcel which she was carrying onto yet another shelf. Looking around, she picked up a small dark cloth and covered the head with it reverently.

Returning to the clanging hallway, Redline now made her way to the lower level and found herself in a row of doorways, each leading to a small personal quarters. Locating hers, she entered the passcode and listened to the door hiss open, revealing the sterile interior identical to all the others. Placing her packs on the desk and surrounding floor, she latched the door behind her and returned to the main level. There would be time to unpack later.

She walked down the hallway in the opposite direction from the med bay, and finally heard a faint echo of speech. It sounded like Minerva. Following the voice, Redline entered the cargo bay to find Rattrap, Sideways, and Minerva all bustling around, busying themselves with this and that.

Blackjack and Dinobot were nowhere to be seen. She knew to expect Blackjack, but wondered about Dinobot. Had he decided not to join them? Or is he still on his way like Blackjack?

Clearing her vocal processors, Redline made her presence known. Anything I can do to help, Rattrap?
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Although Blackjack had lost track of time as the Royal Flush moved closer to Iacon, he was alerted that he was approaching the hangar by sirens inside of tank. Looking up from his reading, Blackjack found that the Flush was coming in nice and slow however the automatic defense systems had begun firing on them. Fortunately the Royal Flush was robust enough to hangle anything that Iacon's now meager defenses could throw at them. As the Flush approached the hangar, he called ahead.

Autobots, this is Blackjack. Hope you're all ready to mount up and head of into the blue blue sky. Rattrap is our voyager ready for her big joirney? If so I need to speak wit you in private.

He took over from the auto pilot and navigated the tank into the hangar in which the Nighteye was beign prepped. During the trip, he also programmed the Flush to perform a complete scan of itself, so that he could provide the blueprints he'd promised to Pinstripe. As the large tank came to a stop within the hangar, Blackjack popped the hatch and hopped out, excited to be off but not looking forward to his conversation with Rattrap.

As the Royal Flush entered the hangar, Dinobot walked in from another entrance and set down the crate full of munitions he'd prepared to take with on the journey.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Seeing that Redline and Minerva had joined their group, Rattrap wonders what still needed to be done.

There's nothing that really needs doing, so feel free to relax and recharge. If you want to gather in the forward bridge we'll be departing as soon as Blackjack gives the word.

Rattrap points to two passing maintenance bots and points at a crate of energon on top a stack of pallets. The two small red bots transform and climb up the sides of the pallets. When they reach the top, one stands on top of the crate and tosses his partner towards the ceiling. The tossed bot grasps an overhead railing and transforms back into its vehicle mode. The red oval clamps onto the railing and lowers a winch from a compartment in its back. The bot standing on top of the crate transforms and extends four belts around the crate, the belts lock into place, and the lowered winch hooks into the bot's back. The crate is gingerly lowered to the cargobay floor, where the bot belted to the crate transforms and carries the box over to Rattrap. The winching bot transforms and climbs back down the stack of pallets. The bot with the crate places it in front of Rattrap before rejoining its partner. The pair transform and scurry back to their work.

Rattrap bends over and pulls the lid off the crate, revealing its glowing purple cargo. He removes a small rectangular container and tears off the top. He begins to sip his energon when Blackjack's comm comes in.

Nighteye is ready to go, Blackjack. If we need to chat in private, meet me in the Operations Room, it's across the hallway from the medbay.

Rattrap excuses himself from the gathered Autobots and finishes his ration as he makes his way to the Operations room. While across the hall from the medbay, it was significantly smaller. Much of the command section was comprised sensors and their requisite computers, most of which were concentrated just aft of the operations room. Rattrap enters the dimly lit room and shakes his head. The room had not seen much use since its creation, while it was capable of providing all the information that is required for coordinating a large Autobot force, most of the high-ranking Autobots seem to be the type to lead from the field. All four of the walls house giant computer screens. A table in the center of the room houses the computer terminal that controls the room. The table is circular and is surrounded by 8 chairs. Rattrap leans over the table and pulls up the data coming in from Iacon, the Tagon Heights region, and the limited data from Kaon on the screens. There is no activity outside the hanger occupied by Nighteye and the Royal Flush. Kaon and the surrounding industrial district were empty as far as Rattrap could tell. They would get a much better picture from orbit though. The Tagon Heights base was quiet as well, the factories were idling, and the maintenance bots there were nearly done with their repairs. Rattrap fills the fourth screen with the data from Nighteye's internal sensors.

Rattrap seats himself in the chair across the table from the door and waits for Blackjack. He is worried, Blackjack had sounded like he had bad news, but the Autobots had regrouped and they were leaving Iacon soon, so Rattrap wonders how bad the news could really be.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Seeing Rattrap exit the hangar and instruct him to meet in the Operations Room, Blackjack hopped out of the Flush and walked through the busy hangar. He waved to Minerva, Redline, and Dinobot who were busying themselves with small tasks. He walked through the again silent corridors to the most unused room. Entering, he found Rattrap sitting at a table, keeping an optic on four monitors which showed data for various locations around Cybertron. He sits across the table from his companion and looks him in the optics.

Rattrap, I need a favah. I'm gonna be straight wit you, I don't know any bettah than you do how to find Cambreakah and I don't know how long we'll be gone from Cybatron for this mission. We both know that the defense systems here are actin' up, so I asked those gangstah 'bots to keep an eye on things for us while we're away. I don't trust em but we're desparate and they've got no love for the Decepticons either after what happened at Kaon. Howevah, I had to make a deal with em in order to get em to do this. I told em they could use the Heights facility to manufacture a copy of the Royal Flush. Now I know you think of that place as your own poirsonal haven, so I wanted you to know. I don't want to have to go back on my woird, but I undahstand the security risk here. I can tell ya from experience that they won't act outside of any deal.

He was certain that Rattap would not be pleased, but maybe he knew of some other way to keep Pinstripe honest.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap's servos tense and optics widen. He had not expected it to be this bad. What is with these guzzler's and this slagged city?

Let me get this straight, in order to get a bunch of thugs to guard a worthless and empty city, you promised them arms and use of our secret base, which just so happens to be filled with enough weaponry to conquer most of Cyberton? If it was just a matter of keeping Iacon empty of Decepticons until we return, we have weapon systems that can do that. But instead of consulting your "family," you went off and cut a deal under the table.

Rattrap pinches the bridge of metal above his olfactory sensors.

So, how bad is it really? Did you promise them access to the Tagon base or just that a tank would come from there? And how much do they actually know about the Royal Flush?
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

The rat takes it about as hard as he'd expected and he didn't blame him. But they needed Iacon and one small deal with Pinstripe wasn't going to destroy what they'd worked to build. He needed to give Rattrap one good reason to listen to him. He told Rattrap the truth.

I offered them access to the base. But I can assure you that they won't do anything behind our backs. Ain't there some kind of security measures you could set up in case they do try somethin'? There's something else though, Iacon is not worthless and empty. This city contains information on all of the Autobots who have lived here and all of the technologies we've developed since the beginning of our race. It also contains the memories of all Autobots. And I don't trust our automated defense systems right now. You found a Decepticon in here and that means more of 'em could get in.

The words do more harm to him than his cool exterior shows. Rattrap is right, he had betrayed their trust. But Iacon was somehow important. They couldn't just leave it. He, Cambreaker, and Minerva had spent their whole lives there. It was their home. He didn't know where and when Rattrap called home, but he assumed that he understood what Blackjack felt. It was something worth dying for.

He added as an afterthought, They know nothing about the Royal Flush.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap observes Blackjack's fervor when he talks about Iacon. He still doesn't fully understand why, it has been a long time Rattrap had called anywhere home, but he reasoned that the other Autobots would likely feel just as strongly about the city.

Alright Blackjack, there were other ways to defend Iacon, but you've made this deal. I'll take care of the security arrangements at the Tagon base, if your acquaintances don't poke around too much, they shouldn't even realize that they're being locked out of sensitive areas. It would have been nice to keep the base's location secret, but I guess all secrets have to come to light someday.

Rattrap relaxes somewhat. Autobot sentimentality was grating, but seemed to be becoming an unavoidable fact of life. Rattrap also found himself squarely in his comfort zone, cheating potential enemies out of their potential advantages.

As for the tank, we obviously can't give them a carbon copy of the Royal Flush. They've seen the exterior, so nothing can change there, but there's no reason we can't modify the internals to mitigate the threat should your acquaintances prove to be less than reputable. The transformation systems should obviously be removed. I'd like to install an shutdown circuit that we can activate remotely should the need arise. Are there any little tricks in that tank of yours that could pose a serious problem if we have to face down one or more in battle?
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Having finished her current task, Minerva realizes that she still doesn’t know what exactly happened during the kidnapping. She had been trying to remember the past events, but every attempt brought back remnants of the indescribable fear she had felt, and excepting from a few fragmentary images, most of what had transpired still remained as if in a fog.

Minerva adjusts the pile of crates before letting the maintenance bots haul them on board the Nighteye before walking over to Redline, hoping that she’d be able to shed some light on the situation.

Slightly embarrassed for having to ask, and thereby revealing that she didn’t remember what had happened, Minerva’s question comes out more halting that she’d hoped.

Redline… I, uh.. You were there, in the Kaon industrial district, right? Mentally slapping herself for sounding like a stuttering fool, Minerva tries to compose herself. Deciding to get right to the point, she continues;
What exactly happened back there? ….how did Blackjack sustain such damage and what happened to the junkion Wreck-Gar? Also, why is Makeway in a CR chamber?
Minerva pauses for a klik.
…was Galvatron resurrected?
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

He breathes an internal sigh of relief when Rattrap agrees to allow the DSM to use Tagon and has an idea to set up security there. But when Rattrap mentions the Royal Flush, he realizes he'd never even considered not providing them with the real deal. It makes sense in case they ever need to go up against Pinstripe and his goons in battle. The Decepticons could always give them a better deal and get their own hands on the tank as well.

I like those suggestions. The Flush is pretty straight forward seein' as how I stole it from Megatron. It does have one more trick, a flight mode that Double Clutch helped me build since we came back to Cybatron. As long as they think they're gettin' a tank and we give 'em a tank, that's all they need to know.

He gives Rattrap a moment to think and then continues. Since Rattrap will be flying the Nighteye he would need to know where they were going.

You're also probably wonderin' where we're gonna look for Cambreakah. Well I got an idea from the book that there is only one 'bot in the galaxy who would know where to find him. We gotta locate Time Travellah, Mr. Time himself. Does the Nighteye have a the capability to locate 'bots like that?
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap nods slowly.

Alright. We can begin imaging the tank and the construction of a blueprint immediately.

Rattrap taps some keys on the table, issuing a command for Nighteye to set up imaging equipment around the Royal Flush.

As for the Time Traveller, we could begin scanning for strong transwarp signatures. If he can truly travel through time and space at will, it must be some form of transwarp technology. Unless you have a better idea.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

It was a reasonable idea. Rattrap knew his way around technology far better than Blackjack. He didn't even know what 'transwarp technology' was really, just that it helped them to go very far very fast.

I like that idea, Rattrap. Let's get this blueprint set up for Pinstripe and his goons and get off of this planet.

He stands up from the table and stretches. Too many close calls. He wasn't afraid to go into battle against the Decepticons, but he was afraid of facing his friends after the mistakes he'd made.

Rattrap, I want you to know that I'm sorry for makin' decisions behind your backs. If you want to command the hunt for Cambreakah, I won't stop ya and I'll follow orders. Nighteye is your ship aftah all.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Sideways enters his crew quarters and sets a portable terminal down on a table in the room. He opens it and it begins to boot up. After it's finished, he connects to his supercomputer remotely and brings up his secret project. A medium sized window opens up on the screen, and it is the face of Rev, his old companion.

Sideways! Never thought I'd see you again. How's work on the materialization program coming?

I've run into some problems on my end. Currently, it uses up too much power, and it caused a power overload which shut down Inode. I have to see if I can find a way to lower the power requirements and attempt another materialization and bring you home. How's Inode looking?

It's kinda quiet here, to be honest. No Decepticons to worry about, though I'm sure you could program them.

Indeed, but I would have to be physically present at the lab in order to do anything. I'm aboard Nighteye with the rest of the Autobots.. A lot has happened. I have a new alt mode, Blackjack is currently in charge, Galvatron has been revived, The 'Cons stole the Maus, and we're going to look for Cambreaker, who has mysteriously disappeared. Iacon's not looking so well either.

Galvatron? Didn't he blow himself up? No way anybody could have survived an explosion like that!

He did, and he's stronger then ever. Things aren't looking good.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap shakes his head. Command was not a burden he wanted to experience again in the near future.

I don't want to command any more than you do. Besides, it takes an Autobot to command the Autobots. Just remember to keep your, uh, "family" involved with your command decisions.

Rattrap stands. He means what he says, as much as some of Blackjack's command decisions had seriously irked him, he knows that he thinks too differently from compatriots to provide effective and inspiring leadership. He would much rather serve under a charismatic leader, who was open to his suggestions, than attempt to fill the role himself.

I'll go get started on the imaging, I can do everything I need to from orbit. You should head up to the bridge and start searching for transwarp anomalies. I'd recommend ascending to get a clearer signal. Nighteye should be able to assist you, but if you more scientific help, you should try Sideways or Redline.
Redline
Alternator

Post by Redline »

(OOC: You're making me do my research to remember what actually happened! :P)

Redline stopped what she was doing and turned to face her friend as she approached. However, when the questions came, Redline was speechless for a moment. The thought had never crossed her mind that Minerva's memory circuts very well could have been damaged by the events of that day.

Looking to her friend with an expression of sympathy, Redline frowned slightly. I'm sorry to say it, but I never quite made it to the Industrial District. By the time I got Blackjack's message and managed to get close, Nighteye was already falling back and Rattrap picked me up on the way.

Picking up on the hints of embarrassment in Minerva's manner and voice, Redline lowered her voice. There was quite a heated battle, from what I've been told. That is most likely where Blackjack sustained the significant portion of his injuries. We were outnumbered and overpowered, which why they fell back before I could get there. The only goal was getting you out safely.

Redline's faceplates shifted abruptly to a look of dismay. As for Wreck-Gar, we don't know what happened, but... she paused for a moment. ...his head was delivered rather unceremoniously to Rattrap and I up on the surface by a 'con named Inferno. It looks like he was non-funtional before his head was removed. He announced that his fate could become ours if we choose to meddle in the affairs of Galvatron... Redline's voice trailed off at the end of her statement, the two bots standing in silence.

Cycling a rush of air through her ventilator, Redline continues. As for Makeway, Rattrap and Nighteye ran a scan of Iacon and picked up his spark signal. He was who we were going to find when the two of us were confronted by Inferno. He looked as if he had been ambushed and was in pretty rough shape, but not beyond repair.

I'm sorry, that's really all I know. If you were looking for more details you might have better luck talking to Blackjack.
Redline tried to smile at her friend, but it was dificult, realizing the weight of the information she had just given her.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Minerva listens intently as Redline explains what had happened.
She couldn’t believe what she was hearing; the entire operation had been a failure! Blackjack and Makeway had been damaged, Galvatron was back and Wreck-Gar had paid the ultimate price…
As Redline finishes her story, Minerva is at a lack of words. She bows her head, raises a hand to her forehead and cycles a sigh through her vents.
…Primus… she whispers as much to Redline as to herself.
Minerva looks up to meet Redline’s compassionate gaze.
Offering her a weak smile, Minerva finally speaks.
…it’s far from what I was hoping to hear, but thank you for letting me know, Redline. She pauses for a klik before continuing.
Where can Wreck-Gar’s… remains be found?
Redline tells her and Minerva nods with a grim look on her face.

Around them, the maintenance bots seemed to be about to finish their tasks, and a few of them were already starting to board the Nighteye.
Perhaps we should get aboard as well, Redline? Minerva inquires.
Redline replies that she’s almost ready to go, and continues to finish up what she’d been working on.
Alright, I’ll go ahead if you don’t mind.
Minerva picks up her things and begins to follow the maintenance bots toward the Nighteye.
I’ll be in the medbay if you need me.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

From what Rattrap says, it feels like time to begin the mission. He stands also and says one last thing to Rattrap before he exits to head for the Nighteye.

Thank Rattrap. I don't plan to make anymore deals undah the table. Maybe when this is all ovah, we can get to know each othah a little bettah and not be at odds so much.

He exits the room and heads back to the hangar. Minerva, Redline, and Dinobot had seemingly boarded the Nighteye and the ship seemed ready to depart. He walked over the Royal Flush and popped inside for a moment. He activated a few controls that would activate the tank's ability to track and follow Nighteye. He had wanted to fly it himself, but it seemed that at least for now, he was better off staying with his 'family' on the bridge of the ship. The final thing he had to do was activate a new control, one he and Double Clutch had only recently installed, before his friend had disappeared with Cambreaker. Blackjack moved the lever and jumped out of the tank. Before his optics, it transformed into a sleek spacecraft.

Well at least flight mode woirks.

He then made his way onboard the Nighteye and headed up to the bridge. He had alwasy felt odd talking to the ship as though it were another transformer. But as it did have it's own spark, it was sentient and living.

Nighteye, as soon as the otahs are aboard, take us up closer to heaven. I also need ya to scan for any major transwarp anomalies around Cybatron, the kind that would have been made by a powahful being comin' or goin'.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Rev, I won't be able to communicate much longer once we're in deep space. This terminal will be my only means of communication with you and REBA.. Speaking of which, I haven't heard much from REBA lately.. Something wrong?

Not that I can tell. I can go to Sector 5 and find out, though. Maybe I can help with the materialization code while you're gone. There's been a few anomalies popping up, but other then that, Inode's a good system. It'll be useful for target practice and the such.

It'll also make a nice home if things go south here. Reminds me, I need to upload a backup of my personality to the supercomputer. If I die on the field, I can still help the Autobots from the other side..

Hopefully nothing like that happens...

I'm going to the bridge, Rev. I'll be closing the channel now. Take care and I'll see you soon, old friend.

Take care, Sideways. I'll be here if you need help.

Sideways closes the terminal and leaves it plugged in, then exits his room and makes his way back to the bridge.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap nods as Blackjack exits the room. He makes his way back through the cargobay, passing Blackjack as he heads for the bridge. Rattrap exits the craft through the rear port side hatch and approaches the Royal Flush. He is surprised to see that the tank has transformed into a jet, but Blackjack had mentioned that it could fly.

Four mobile imagers lay on the ground surrounding the Royal Flush. Rattrap presses a button on one of the imagers and it deploys, the imager opens to reveal a tightly packed sensor sweet, resting on top of a tripod. Rattrap circles the craft, deploying each of the imagers in turn. When all four have been deployed, they begin to scan the craft. After a few moments, the imagers stop and collapse back into capsules. Rattrap picks up the imagers and brings the back onboard Nighteye.

Rattrap makes his way back through the cargobay and walks down the ramp to the crew quarters. At the end of the hallway, he enters his quarters. Rattrap plugs the imagers into his terminal and waits while the data is downloaded. The terminal converts the raw sensor data into a detailed diagram of the Royal Flush; it then begins to highlight different subsystems in different colors. Rattrap stares at the screen for a while, studying the diagram, the Royal Flush may be old by Maximal standards, but it is still a complex and well designed piece of equipment. Rattrap begins by removing the systems that allow Blackjack to connect to the Royal Flush. He then saves the file and has the terminal convert it to an encrypted blueprint entitled Autobot Tank – Mass Production Model. Rattrap reopens the file as begins to remove the flight and transformation systems. Rattrap then scours the model for an ideal location to hide a new circuit. He buries a transceiver and circuit deep within the control module of the tank that will enable the Autobots to shut the tank down remotely. He saves the file and again converts it into an encypted blueprint entitled Autobot Tank – Export Model.

Rattrap opens a tight beam transmission to the Tagon Heights facility and begins transmitting the blueprints. He access the security program for the Tagon Heights base and classifies the storerooms, his office, the computer core, and the power core as restricted areas. He additionally adds a subroutine to ensure that if the subterranean storerooms are breached, the Dominators will receive a signal to overload and self-destruct. Rattrap then authorizes access to the base by Pinstripe and any non-Cybertronians Pinstripe chooses. He lastly orders the security program to establish contact with Nighteye if any tampering is attempted. Rattrap then locks down the security program. He instructs the base to construct one unit of the Autobot Tank – Export Model and then proceed with a planned building expansion, and to not accept any further orders until the Autobots return to Cybertron.

Blackjack, you can go ahead and tell your associates to expect their tank in one solar cycle.

Rattrap then exits his quarters and heads towards the bridge.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Rattrap's message comes through and Blackjack sends something across a encrypted channel to the DSM.

<<This is Jack, the cards are on the table in one solar cycle and I've got a royal flush for ya.>>

He leans back in the seat, glad to have everything done with. Nighteye is still preparing for liftoff. Shortly Sideways and then Rattrap come onto the bridge and Blackjack abandons the captain's chair for the ship's rightful pilot. He takes a seat farther back and prepares for the inevitable takeoff. He can feel the engines firing up and the Nighteye begins its ascent into the reaches of outer space. Soon she will be scanning for transwarp signatures and then the hunt for Cambreaker begins.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap takes the offered seat as the engines begin to rumble. The ship hovers above Iacon for a few brief moments before accelerating. The ship streaks across Cybertron's polar region. The acceleration continues until the ship glides into a high orbit.

Nighteye floats in silence as she scans the heavens for a sign of their lost leader. A flicker of transwarp radiation washes over Nighteye's sensors. Data streams into her computer core and she sets to work trying to pinpoint its location. Several hundred astroseconds pass before a single point emerges in Nighteye's starcharts. A sense of excitement flows through her computer core, she had never been to that area of space. A mixture of fear and awe wash over the ship as she begins preparing for her journey.

I have a signal.

Rattrap looks back towards where Blackjack is sitting. Blackjack nods.

Take us there Nighteye.

Nighteye's transwarp cells charge and begin to glow. A hole appears in front of the ship and widens. Nighteye glides forwards and is engulfed by the opening. The space around the ship is replaced by an endless sea of purple-pink light as the ship begins its journey.