Iacon

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Within Iacon, Sideways and Makeway work on their plans for repairs and upgrades to the defensive systems. Their silence is broken by a message coming through the control room comm system. It is a Autobot frequency.

This is Blackjack calling anyone still hangin' around Iacon. I've found somethin' interesting down here in Tagon Heights. But it looks like I'm gonna need some 'bot with computah skills to bring this security back up. Sideways, if you're gettin' this I'd like you to come down here and help me. I'll find a front door so you don't have to go through the tunnels like I did. Just be careful to avoid the 'cons or it might ruin our deal with em.

The transmission ended and again there was silence.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Sideways recieves the message and begins the process of disconnecting himself from Iacon's systems. After he's finished, Sideways turns to Makeway.

I've gotta run.. Can you take care of things here?

Sideways then turns and leaves the room, making his way to the front gates of Iacon. He sighs, then transforms into his new DeLorean alt mode and burns rubber towards Tagon Heights.
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

The Last Autobot hurtles to the ground, having exhausted the last of his strength. The impact throws dust into the air. Slowly, painfully he pulls himself along the ground, coughing feebly. Then, his sensors picked something up. A nearby energon rivulet. He crawled along to a small crack in the earth. He peered down it and saw a small trickle of pure energon. He unsheathed his sword and dug at the ground with it until he had a hole small enough to thrust his arm into the trickle of energon. His finger contacted it and thin lines of it swirled up around his arms ad wrist and covered his entire body before being absorbed into him. Rejuvenated, he stood.

That's more like it!

He sheathed his sword and leaped into the air, transforming as he did so. A new sense of life swelling within him, he rocketed across the barren surface of Cybertron towards Iacon City.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Makeway watches Sideways leave, then continues with the repairs the two of them had been working on. Before Blackjack called to ask Sideways for help, some malfunction started causing all of Iacon's functioning external weapons systems to open fire on any movement detected outside unless someone inside sent an "all clear" signal within a few moments. Makeway had to stay behind just to get Sideways out of Iacon safely, not to mention what could happen to any Autobots who came back before Makeway could fix the malfunctioning systems. Fortunately, Sideways was able to identify the hardware failure for Makeway (who had suspect a software glitch) before disconnecting from Iacon's computer network and heading out to help Blackjack.

The hardware causing the problem needed to be replaced, which should have been easy enough, but Makeway had trouble finding the necessary spare parts, even racing all over Iacon as quickly as he could (or at least as quickly as he could without letting his super speed drain his power supply more quickly than he could refuel). Concern for the other Autobots also had him using Iacon's remote viewing systems to try and monitor how the assorted missions were going--tricky, what with Blackjack and the Junkions trying to stay hidden from the Decepticons, but Makeway could usually keep track of Dinobot and Minerva... until Dirge took her.

Makeway felt helpless--was helpless, is helpless--to do anything for the medic the Seeker abducted, so when the call comes from Blackjack--"Makeway, this is Blackjack. Can you transmit the coordinates of the transmission sent by Doirge?"--Makeway jumps at the chance to help any of the Autobots outside of Iacon.
"Sure thing, Blackjack. I can transmit those coordinates to you in a jiffy. I've been monitoring your situation. Sorry about what happened with Minerva. If you're going to go after Dirge I would suggest you use caution; although he is just a Decepticon seeker I wouldn't be so sure that he's acting on his own. You also may have to worry about traps. You know how sneaky those Decepticons can be. They don't call them Decepticons for nothing..."
Makeway realizes that he's rambling but can't seem to stop himself. Blackjack solves that problem by thanking Makeway briefly and turning off the comm, leaving Makeway once more alone in Iacon with his frustration at not being able to help more directly.

Well, maybe Makeway can't help his fellow Autobots with what they need now, but at least he can help them with something they'll need later. He resumes the task of fixing Iacon.

He's still working on that when somebody shoots him in the back. He wonders fleetingly how an intruder got inside Iacon, but he already knows the only answer that matters. His last thought before involuntarily shutting down is regret that, for all his speed, he still wasn't fast enough to finish repairing Iacon's defenses...

++++++

Thundergun glances scornfully at the depleted Autobot pistol stole and tosses it aside. Transforming into his vehicle mode--based on a scan of a sand-colored tank from Earth--the Decepticon points his main cannon at his victim, in case the fallen yellow Autobot has any thoughts of getting up again.

Eventually Thundergun decides the downed Autobot is going to stay down. Thundergun would have preferred that the yellow mech stand up before Thundergun shot him again--it would have been funnier that way--but Thundergun mentally shrugs and prepares to blow the Autobot to Auto-bits.

At the last astrosecond, Thundergun notices that this Autobot's robot mode looks somewhat like Thundergun's own. Not uncommon--Slicer could pass himself off as Wheeljack if he got a new paint job, the Autobot Crumble resembles a shrunken miscolored Hook, and the Throttlebots look a lot like Battlechargers, to name just a few examples. Sometimes sharing a body-type with another Transformer means there's some sort of familial relationship, but just as often, there's nothing more than a coincidence. But Thundergun realizes that this coincidence, the resemblance between this Autobot and Thundergun himself, could be useful.

Although Thundergun is perfectly willing to torture-interrogate and/or blow away any Autobots he encounters during his self-appointed mission in Iacon, it occurs to him that they might simply tell him what he wants to know if he can pass himself off as their trusted fellow Autobot. Assuming, that is, that the Autobots themselves even know. If they don't, posing as an Autobot will allow him to search at leisure without the inconvenience of arousing suspicion by leaving a trail of bodies.

The Decepticon tank transforms back into robot mode and drags the deactivated mech to the spare parts storage room where Thundergun found the pistol he stole. Propping up the body against a shelf, he begins building himself a "costume" to make himself look the way his victim did before getting shot.

When the disguise is complete, Thundergun actually looks very similar to the Autobot he shot. As long as I don't have to transform... he thinks as he knocks over both the Autobot's body and the shelf it was leaning against, so the shelf and its spilled contents hide the body buried beneath.

Now, back to the search. Galvatron's spark must still be here in Iacon somewhere! The only question is, is it mixed in with all the wreckage and rubble, or have the Autobots found it and locked it away someplace...?

((OOC: Looks like somebody isn't keeping up with current events... Meanwhile, Makeway was unable to finish fixing Iacon's glitchy trigger finger, so Iacon will attempt to open fire on anyone of any allegiance who approaches. There are, however, still unrepaired areas where someone can approach undetected, or detected but out of reach of any functional weapons. Thundergun has no way of knowing right now that someone inside can override Iacon's automatic weapons fire, and no way of finding that out until someone approaches. If the Autobots return--you here, TLA?--will Thundergun let Iacon shoot them, or try to save them to establish his cover? If the Decepticons show up, will he try to protect them, or let Iacon shoot them? And, regardless of who's coming, will Thundergun even be able to figure out how to stop Iacon from shooting? Final note: Thundergun's voice is different from Makeway's, but similar enough that the difference will probably go unnoticed unless someone is specifically listening for it.))
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

A lone black Tanker Truck drives to the outskirts of Iacon. He stops, transforms. then takes refuge behind a building.

Knowing the Autobots, this base will be well defended.. I should be able to spoof my energy signature and walk right into Iacon.. there I will find the information I require.

Scourge thinks to himself for a minute, then gets up and sneaks closer to Iacon.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

In the distance, the city of Iacon appears. However it has become more of a fortress than a city in Inferno's absence Not having spent any real time there, he had merely seen the city from a distance when the Decepticons had ruled Cybertron. But now it appeared that the Autobots had taken back a foothold, a rather sizable one too. Still the fortress-city was in disrepair and there were holes in the wall to which a lone flier could sneak in below their radar. And yet his order had been to give the Autobots a warning, little good it would do if there were no Autobots to warn. Best to enter and find out.

Slipping through one of the damaged sections, Inferno was pleased to find that autoturrets did not immediately begin firing on his location. There was no doubt that the city was deserted. Transforming to ant-mode, he scrambled through the wreckage, searching for a way inside.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Nighteye rumbles through the hole torn into Iacon by Galvatron. She hangs over the city like some vast predatory bird. The ship flies under the range of the medium range sensors. The flak network installed by Cambreaker sits silent as the large aerial target cruises through the vacant city. Rattrap reads the scan results and shakes his head. He rises slowly from his chair and moves back down the long hallway to the Medbay. He enters in time to see an exhausted Minerva rouse from stasis lock. He clears his vocal circuits to get the attention of the 'bots working in the room.

Good to see you were successful in restoring Minerva. We are currently traveling over Iacon. Nighteye is trying to establish a down-link to the Iacon defense network. There are 2 definite Decepticon signatures in the area. A third cybertronian has a muddled signature, making it highly probable that they are a Decepticon as well. An weak Autobot signature has been detected in the vicinity of the security network hub.

Dinobot and Minerva, you will be taking Blackjack to the Royal Flush. Get him down to the port-side gunship hatch. You'll get a green light when Nighteye is over the Royal Flush.

Redline, you'll be coming with me to investigate the Autobot signature. There is a Decepticon signal close to our goal, so be on your toes.

Sideways, I know you have a base in the Iacon area. We will be leaving Cybertron for a while once Blackjack is restored. If you have any supplies at your base that you feel would be beneficial, go retrieve them. Otherwise you'll be going with Dinobot and Minerva.

Rattrap motions for Redline to follow him and they exit the Medbay. They make their way to the Starboard gunship hatch. The light above the hatch flashes green and the hatch slides open. The two 'bots leap from the hatch. They land in the middle of one of Iacon's arterial roads as Nighteye roars away. As they begin their trek to the computer, Rattrap rubs the back of his neck.

Err ... It really is good to have you back, you know. I ... uh ... was going to give you something before everything kind of fell apart.

Rattrap glances as Redline nervously, trying to gauge her reaction.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

The large gunship hovered overhead. It was the same one Inferno had seen on the field of battle. There was no doubt that the Autobots had been busy. It passed directly over him and he hid amongst some rubble. There was no doubt that Dinobot would be on board that ship so he would have be careful. His mission was one of negotiation not one of harm, but as the Maximal warrior had never seen Inferno act civil he would probably not believe him.

Inferno followed along the ground as the ship cruised low over the roads of Iacon. Soon he could see in the distance that it stopped and allowed two figures to disembark. Approaching cautiously, Inferno could see that it was Rattrap and another unidentified Autobot. How many Maximals were among the Autobots now. He certainly hoped he would not see Primal as that would mean very bad things for the Decepticons. Dinobot and Rattrap could be handled, but with a leader as skilled and powerful as Optimus Primal they may have difficulty overcoming the Autobots and Maximals. The two figures seemed to stop and began to discuss something. Not wanting to interrupt, Inferno waited nearby staying near to the ground in his ant mode so as not to be seen as he listened to their conversation.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Nighteye shifted as it cruised over the barren landscape of Cybertron. Inside, Sideways toiled over the still form of Blackjack as Redline examined Minerva. The bodies of the still transformers swayed and shifted with the movements of the ship but there was no further life from Blackjack's body. But not his mind.

Blackjack again found himself surrounded by the strange lights. He knew this time that he was near the Matrix. Yet something was holding him back. It was a familiar sensation, one he had experienced when he had been blow up by Galvatron's self-detonation. Then he had seen a specter of the past, of Roulette. It had told him that there was something left for him to do before he joined the Matrix, that he could not die here. He half expected to see the specter again, but there was nothing but light.

He waited in the darkness for a long time expecting something to happen. Then, just as he was about the give up and allow his own spark to drift, a blast over his left shoulder made him jump and turn around. The figure he saw standing there was not Roulette, but another more sinister shade. It was Sixshot, the Decepticon ninja warrior. He spoke in his harsh voice and Blackjack knew it was not his own.

You are pathetic, Blackjack. You could not even protect her back then and now another of your friends has fallen.

And what would you know of protecting anyone Sixshot! he yelled the words and although he knew that this was not really Sixshot the words still cut him to the spark.

You are not a strong enough leader. I should allow you to die here. But I cannot. You must complete the task given you.

And what is this task that I keep gettin' reminded of. Am I to lead the Autobots against Galvatron.

SILENCE FOOL! Do not presume to know. You are not suited to lead. But you can find one who is. Now go, they are waiting for you.

Blackjack wanted to ask more of Sixshot, but was unable to move. He found himself being pulled and the phantom of his past disappeared into the light.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Shortly after receiving the energon/oil mix IV Minerva rouses. Having transformed back into her robot mode, she raises a hand to her optics shielding them from the light as one would when shifting from darkness to light.
Her head was still foggy and at first she couldn’t figure out where she was. It made her nervous and the previous panic started working its way back into her circuits. However, the somewhat soothing sounds from the Nighteye in flight and Sideways and Redline working nearby soon made her realize where she was. She sits up slowly and shakes her head, trying to clear her thoughts. The stasis lock had been relatively brief, but it had been what she’d needed to complete some of the internal repairs.

As Minerva starts to move, Redline walks up to her.
Redline, is that you? Minerva was pleasantly surprised to see her again. Redline had more or less disappeared, and after the last altercation with the Decepticons she had rarely shown up at Iacon.
It’s so good to see you Redline, Minerva continues. …but, where are we? What happened?
Looking around, she notices Dinobot standing next to her, a relieved but grim look on his face.
Rattrap suddenly appears in the doorway, catching everyone’s attention.

As Rattrap moments later finishes informing the small group of Autobots, he then leaves with Redline in tow.
Redline glances back to Minerva, seemingly apologetic about leaving so suddenly. Minerva smiles and motions her to follow Rattrap. There would be better opportunities for explanations and for them to catch up.
Minerva turns to Sideways, and to her dismay she notices a badly injured Blackjack lying motionless on an operating table.
Her optics widen in horror and disbelief and she struggles to disconnect the IV from her antennae port. She’d known that Blackjack had been injured earlier in Iacon, but she didn’t expect it to be this bad. Now she knew why Rattrap wanted him brought to the Royal Flush.

Jumping down from the table she’d been resting on, she walks over to Blackjack.
Shocked by seeing her old friend in such a state, the last of her earlier nightmares and fears dissipate and are first replaced by sadness, then anger.
Hang in there, Blackjack… she thinks to herself.
Composing herself, she turns to Dinobot.
Give me a hand, Dinobot. Let’s bring him to the port-side gunship hatch. The sooner we can get him to the Royal Flush, the better.

Minerva detaches the table Blackjack is resting on from its attachments and folds down small wheels, making them able to roll it like a gurney. Minerva still feels weak, and despite the boost she’d received through the IV, her energy levels were still uncomfortably low, which forced her to leave most of the work to Dinobot.

Arriving at the hatch shortly thereafter they await the signal.
Minerva looks at Dinobot and sees that he’s still wearing the same grim expression as earlier.
Assuming that he’s worried about Blackjack, Minerva tries to assure him that he’ll be alright.
I know it looks bad, but he’ll pull through. He has a strong spark …and he can also be terribly stubborn, she adds.
She was hoped she was right.
Redline
Alternator

Post by Redline »

Redline landed on the street with a thud, jostling all her inner couplings. Her optics took a second to adjust to the intense light, a sharp contrast to the dull lighting within Nighteye. The fiero and the rat began to walk in the direction of the weakened spark initially indicated by onboard sensors.

She looked back toward the ship for a moment, feeling bad for leaving Minerva before she even had a chance to answer her simple questions or even to say hello. Redline saw that Minerva understood, though, and they would have time to talk once everyone was back in working order. Their injured friends were the main priority right now.

Without warning, Rattrap turns to Redline. Err ... It really is good to have you back, you know. I ... uh ... was going to give you something before everything kind of fell apart.

Redline smiled. She found Rattrap's manerisms when he was nervous about something to be rather amusing, and kind of cute.

Oh? And what would that be? she asked, looking away as she pulled out her handheld sensor array. Just as she did, she felt a pang of worry in her systems. Upon first inspection of the street, Redline did not see anything of concern. Must just be nerves, she thought to herself. Turning back to Rattrap, she smiled again, anxious to find out what this mysterious object was.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

((OOC: Please remember as you read this that Iacon's computer systems are not fully repaired. In case that's not obvious. Inconsistent syntax and other strange behaviors are the result of the computer being damaged. BIC--))

Iacon's sensors detect Scourge.

>>CYBERTRONIAN DETECTED.

>>MY LEVEL 4 WIZARD CASTS "IDENTIFY".

>>SUBJECT IDENTIFIED (82% PROBABILITY) AS OPTIMUS PR[transfer was interrupted]

>>5UBJECT IDENTIF1ED (88% PROBABILITY) AS ULTRA MAG[system error]

>>IDENTIFIED (89% PROBABILITY) AS OPTIMAGNUS[receiving new data]

>>SUBJECT IDENTIFIED (84% PROBABILITY) AS OPTRONIX MAGNUS[filename "optronix_magnus" does not exist]

>>PROBABLE AUTOBOT

>>ACTION: H0LD_ FIRE[system error, retry]
>>ACTION: H0LE_ FIRE[system error, retry]
>>ACTION: H0PE_ FIRE[system error, retry]
>>ACTION: N0PE_ FIRE[system error, retry]
>>ACTION: _0PEN FIRE[system error, retry]

>>ACTION CONFIRMED: OPEN FIRE[press "ctrl-alt-mode-F1" to abort this defensive action]

Numerous weapons--some more functional than others--begin pointing in Scourge's direction, and a stream of low-caliber bullets starts pelting the ground just behind him, and starts getting closer as other weapons come to bear.

Iacon's sensors detect Inferno, too.

>>FLESH CREATURE DETECTED.

>>EXTERMINATE!

>>EXTERMINATE!

>>EXECUTE: ACTION: OPEN FIRE[press "ctrl-alt-mode-F2" to abort this defensive action]

>>ALERT: ROCKET LAUNCHER 6po9iU328y IS OUT OF AMMO.

>>ALERT: LASER CANNON ARRAY TrE33wq47 HAS INSUFFICIENT POWER TO EXECUTE COMMAND.

>>ALERT: TURRET mNb9vc5X1z REPORTS MOTOR FAILURE, UNABLE TO TRACK TARGET.

>>ALERT: HYDRO CANNON RESERVOIR aEi12o4U8y IS RUSTED SHUT.

>>ALERT: ION BLASTER k9ar0O3Vd HAS BEEN DEIONIZED.

Inferno enters Iacon unhindered.

Iacon's sensors also detect Nighteye, as well as Rattrap and Redline jumping out.

>>MOTION DETECTED[default interface error, switching to backup interface]

>>LOOK!

>>UP IN THE SKY!

>>IT'S A BIRD!

>>IT'S A PLANE!

>>IT'S SUPER MODE! SUBJECT IDENTIFIED (43% PROBABILITY) AS NIGH[file corrupted]

>>SEARCHING...

>>SEARCH RESULTS:
NIGHTBEAT
NIGHTBIRD
NIGHTEYE
NIGHTFLIGHT
SUNBEAM

>>SUNBEAM = DECEPTICON-ALLIED NEBULAN!!!!!11!!!1!!!!!!!!!
OH NOES!!!!!!
THE END IS NIGH!!!11!!!

>>ACTION: OPEN FIRE[press "ctrl-alt-mode-F3" to abort this defensive action]

Numerous weapons--some more functional than others--begin pointing up, vaguely in Nighteye's direction. Several surface-to-surface missiles, fired from launchers responding to bad commands and faulty data, arc up towards the gunship but run out of fuel before they can reach their target and fall back down onto Iacon, knocking most of the other weapons pointed at Scourge and Nighteye temporarily out of alignment after only a few hits, but many of the weapons swiftly auto-readjust their aim. However, Nighteye is already flying away, so the weapons aimed its way attempt to refocus on the two 'Bots who jumped out. Rattrap and Redline are much smaller targets than Nighteye, though, and they manage to drop past the weapons fire and into Iacon, where the malfunctioning security system ceases to regard them as a threat.

Meanwhile, the surface-to-surface missiles falling back onto Iacon also eliminate Inferno's entry point and motivate Thundergun to begin pressing keys trying to abort Iacon's various attacks.

He presses "ctrl", "mode", "fn", "F", and "3".

>>KEYBOARD NOT FOUND. PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE.

Thundergun moves to another computer terminal and presses "ctrl", "shift", "mode", "F", and "1".

>>I'M SORRY. I DID NOT UNDERSTAND THAT.
>>YOU SELECTED "F-ONE". DID YOU MEAN "PH-ONE"?
>>TO MAKE A CALL, PLEASE HANG UP AND TRY AGAIN.

Thundergun presses "ctrl", "alt", "node", "F", and "2".

>>TO CONTINUE WITH INSTRUCTIONS IN MANDARIN CHINESE, PRESS "VI".
>>TO CONTINUE WITH INSTRUCTIONS IN AMERICAN ENGLISH, PRESS "VII".
>>TO CONTINUE WITH INSTRUCTIONS IN ANCIENT CYBERTRONIAN, PRESS "VIII".
>>PARA CONTINUAR CON INSTRUCCIONES EN CYBERTRONIX, OPRIMA "IX".
>>PARA TODAS OTRAS LINGUAS, OPRIMA "MCMLXXXIV".

Thundergun presses "7".

>>WHAT IS TORONTO?

Thundergun considers abandoning his Makeway disguise in order to transform into a tank and blast this computer.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I expected resistance...

Scourge thinks to himself as Iacon's defensive weapons open fire on him. He quickly ducks for cover as a few rounds hit him in the shoulder.

Damn!

[/i]
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap reaches up his sleeve and procures a battered red box. The box was once a bright sporty red, but a years worth of dings and chips had significantly reduced its shine. Rattrap runs his fingers over the flat top and along the slanted edges before gingerly handing the box to Redline.

It's ... uh ... for Snafu.

Redline opens the box to reveal a large collection of small pipes, bends, and joints. Before she can respond, Rattrap blurts out a hasty explanation.

You can set it up and he can run around, and explore, and stuff. You could hide energon goodies or something in there.

Rattrap rubs the back of his neck and looks at the skies above Iacon, trying to suppress his anxiety while he waits for Redline's reaction.
Redline
Alternator

Post by Redline »

Redline's optics switched from a quizzative look to a smile as Rattrap explained what the peculiar gift in the red box was for.

Awh, he'll love this. It will keep him busy, anyway, and maybe out of my servos. That little rat-bot can be helpful sometimes, but he can also be quite the little ball of mischief. Thank you, Rattrap.

Redline gently closed the box after looking over a couple of the bits inside. It snapped closed with a click, the red paint glinting in reflection of her red chassis.

You'll have to help me set it up once we get back and have our base back together.You and the mini-you will have a good time with it, I can tell. She laughed softly as she tucked the box away, lighting up the pannel of her sensor array once more. The signal from the spark is not far from here, probably in that building. Redline pointed in the direction ahead of them.

As the two bots began walking again, Redline glanced over at Rattrap. His face was grinning from ear to ear, appearing to be very pleased with himself. She smiled. What a creative gift, she thought to herself. Rattrap had seemed to go out of his way to be kind to Redline since her return, and she was glad. She hadn't been sure how the reunion of the 'bots would go after having parted on such irregular terms, but things were slowly getting back toward normal.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

It was a touching reunion to say the least. So the Maximal pest had found a kindred spirit here on the Cybertron of the distant past, very sparkwarming. But this place was a battle ground and not a place to be chatting about one's 'pet'. Inferno had detected several weapon systems attempting to lock on to his position, most likely the Autobot defense mechanisms. He would need to deliver his message and leave via another route. He crept closer and closer to the two Autobots and was about to make his presense known when a message came through his comm system.

Inferno, was the message delivered to the Autobots?
Come down to the bar and have a drink and celebrate my glorious return!

He ignored the comm but as it had undoubtedly already made his presense known to the Autobots, Inferno transformed and stepped out from behind the rubble.

Do not be alarmed, Autobot and Maximal vermin. I do not seek to attack. My orders are to deliver a warning. This one's fate could become yours if you choose to meddle in the affairs of his excellency Galvatron. He tossed the decapitated head of Wreck-Gar at their feet and gave them a moment to consider this before responding. But I have another goal in mind. I wish to locate a companion of mine and would enquire if the Autobots had seen him. He is one of your own after all. His name is Time Traveller.

Inferno had attempted to be more civil with the Autobots than was in his programming and new that he would suffer a severe processor-ache later as a result. Still he hoped that this display would at least get the Autobot's attention. Rattrap would have no reason to trust him but then again it had been a long time since they'd encountered one another.

-------------------------------------------------

As the body is moved from the Nighteye it is jossled about. Brakkas Garlon finds himself awakened from a peaceful nap, a dream about being back on his old beat on Monacus. Blackjack was still out. One thing could be said about him was that he certainly spent a lot of time unconcious. The kid was a bullet magnet if he'd ever seen one. And now all this movement, somebody was up to something. Tuning his ears into the conversation, he catches the last bit.

He has a strong spark …and he can also be terribly stubborn.

He transforms from Blackjack's head to his tall human form. Although aging and not nearly as fit as he once was, Brakkas still values that he is a powerful man. But compared to the Autobots that are pushing his partner along on a moving table of some sort, he is of no more consequence than a fly on a wall. That was thing about these Cybertronians, they were good people and all, but he couldn't help but feel small. At least he'd learned to live with them. In order to make himself noticed, he spoke up.

Yeah, he's stubborn alright. But he's also irrational, has no self-confidence, and leaves too many things up to chance. Good to see that yer alright Minerva. Anything you can do to get 'Jack back on his feet sooner would be appreciated.

The Nebulan man smiled, indicating his dark sense of humor.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'm working on it, Lord Galvatron. I ran into some interference from Iacon.

Having found his way past all the defenses and sneaking into Iacon, Scourge heads for one of Iacon's central mainframes. Producing a disc from a storage compartment, he inserts it into the mainframe, and begins his search for the information he seeks...

Several minutes later, Scourge obtains the data he requires. Removing his disc from Iacon's mainframe, he turns to leave, but stops, then turns around and blasts the mainframe to pieces before making his escape from Iacon.

Lord Galvatron, I have the information!
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap hears a noise, turns, and draws his gun. As Inferno emerges from his hiding spot and explains his mission, Rattrap lowers his weapon. He grips his gun tightly and hears Inferno's message. He wonders how Inferno managed to escape earth, and how he managed to end up serving under Galvatron. When Wreck-Gars head lands between him and Redline, his face twists into a snarl.

That's a pit of a way of asking for help, you slagheap. Threaten us, toss the desecrated remains of a fallen comrade at us, and then ask if we've seen your buddy? I ain't never heard of no Time Traveller and you can...

Rattrap pauses, the name Time Traveller does sound familiar. One of Kup's old war stories had involved someone called Time Traveller, but he had vanished long before Rattrap arrived. Rattrap could only think of a handful of Autobots that had been on Cybertron long enough to know of him. Most of them were missing, but one of them was sitting aboard his shuttle. Rattrap speaks again, much quieter.

I don't know anything about Time Traveller, but I know someone who might. I'll tell you where you can find him, for a price.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Inferno judged the reaction from his former adversary as adequate. He had not been blasted into a pile of scrap immediately upon appearing and aside from a few harsh words, Rattrap had been downright helpful. He was pleased to learn that the rat had indeed at least heard of Time Traveller. Realizing of course that Galvatron would have known of TT, he had hesitated in asking the Decepticon's current leader due to his mental instabilities. But apparently Rattrap knew someone who could help. He had no idea how long he had been away nor which Autobots still remained.

Very well, vermin. Name your price? But know this, I do not care about this petty war. And there is little time to spend chatting with a Maximal.

He noted that if he stood still much longer, the automatic weapon systems would most likely find him. In addition, Galvatron may soon concern himself with discovering why Inferno had not reported to him. It would be essential that he gain Galvatron's trust. In order to find Time Traveller he would need resources and allies. The Decepticons were the closest thing that he had to the Predacons in this time and he owed them some alliegance just for that.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap stares at the ex-Maximal for a moment while he puts his questions together. He wondered if he'd even get a truthful answer, but knew there would be no way to verify what Inferno says.

I just want to know two things, answer the questions and I'll tell you where to find the Autobot who knows about your precious Time Traveller. Number one, how did you get from where we left you on Earth to this time period on Cybertron? Number two, why do you still ally yourself with the Decepticons? Your colony is destroyed, your Queen is nowhere to be found, and your spark is that of a Maximal.

Rattrap wonders about Inferno's motivations, he had only heard about the incident surrounding Inferno's crash secondhand, but he could remember loading Inferno's protoform onto the Axalon. Rattrap sighed, it was hard to even consider Inferno as a traitor, the crash had probably blown out the majority of his existing personality circuits. Rattrap had hated fighting the converted protoforms, they were more like damaged children then the real Decepticon threat.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

The Maximal's eyes burn into him and Inferno can feel himself being studied. He wonders what his foe thinks of him. There must be some surprise at seeing him again as he had been surprised to see both Dinobot and Rattrap alive and functioning. They had never spoken outside of the field of battle. Two sides, Maximals and Predacons and that was all that there was. But he had come far from that mentality, he had been shown things. The Maximal's questions surprised him. He answered them plainly. There was no need for Deception.

When I was destroyed by Megatron, my spark found it's way here. I do not know how. What I do know is that my spark will never be that of a Maximal. Protoform or not, I am a Predacon. I think you presume too much about me rodent. My loyalty is to the Predacon cause and for that I will die if need be. Our kind will always be enemies.

He wished at that moment that he still had either of his flame cannons. The small, red Autobot stood nearby watching with interest. It was obvious that the two of them were close and all it would take would be a gun held to her head and the rat would tell him what he needed to know. He was wasting time, stalling for something. It was too late that Inferno realized that the autodefenses were locking on. A single warning shot was fired that pierced his leg. He activated his jets, moving away from the two Autobots.

It would seem that I must retreat or your defenses will reduce me to scrap. I will return for your answer Maximal.

As the turret opened fire for real, Inferno rocketed away from Iacon.