The Ætherspite (Cambreaker's frigate)

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

The Ætherspite (Cambreaker's frigate)

Post by Time Traveller »

Sideways flips on the passenger viewscreens, and the Ætherspite comes into view. It is small for a warship, but since most Autobot and Decepticon warships had been destroyed in the war, many of those aboard the shuttle had never seen such a craft. It is comprised of a long barlike torso, the front of which is capped by a large crescent shaped bridge and battlestation area, like a broad axehead forward facing on it's hilt. From the tail rises the command tower, which is leaning slightly forward like a scorpion's tail. The entire ship is a pockmarked and stained light grey, very flat against the blackness of space. Guidelights indicate a shuttle bay opened into the side of the ship's trunk. Two more identical shuttles grace the landing pad inside.

Cambreaker listens to all go silent as they approach the mighty warship...

That's the Ætherspite, isn't it? Home sweet home.

Sideways begins to guide the shuttle deftly into the landing bay.
Picture courtesy of Rumble! Thanks Rumble!
Last edited by Time Traveller on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap lets out a long whistle.

That's the biggest ship I've ever seen! Even the spaceports back home weren't this large. I better she goes through energon like big ol' rusted-out Junkion.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Wow, thats one crazy huge ship. I say once we're in, we enjoy some cool energon drinks. What do you say cheese eater?
R.I.P. Menasor
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

You better believe it. The upside is that the con's won't be able to penetrate it very easy.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Once im healed up, It wont be easy to stop me from slagging a couple of traders. I would almost like to see them try and hit this shuttle.
R.I.P. Menasor
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

As the shuttle gets closer to the Ætherspite Minerva relaxes a bit, knowing that they’re finally safe …at least for now.
Hearing the other autobots enthusiastic comments abut the frigate lifts her spirits as well.
Most of them have sustained injuries of various degrees, but the Ætherspite has the equipment needed for their repairs.
She glances to Cambreaker sitting beside her and can’t help smile to herself.
You were right, we all made it out alive …I shouldn’t have doubted you, she thinks.
She reaches out to hold one of his hands, and squeezes it gently.
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

* Sees Rattrap *
" SNARLS FREIND BIG GREY RAT IS OK, YOU SAVE ME SNARL FROM MEGATRON, ME LIKE YOU "
* Picks Rattrap up, squeezes him then drops him then turns to see the warship *
" ME SNARL NEVER SEE ANYTHING LIKE THAT BEFORE, IS THIS SNARLS NEW HOME ? "
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Cambreaker is a little taken offguard by the small hand squeezing his. He had really not thought about how things were like this... He knows everyone else is looking at the Ætherspite, so he squeezes her hand back gently. And holds it for now, while the others still inspect the ship.

Yes, Snarl, this will be home for a while. I think we will be able to find you a nice big room aboard where you will be able to play and not break anything. Sideways, tell me when we're aboard and the docking clamps are locked. We'll have some procedures to go through before we disembark the shuttle and board the 'Spite.

Actually Rattrap, this is far newer than a lot of the classic warships you may have heard about, like the Nemesis and the Ark, and smaller. It was also made for galactic patrol duties, so it's relatively light on energon as far as modern technology is concerned.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Lizard Lips, that has to be the finest plan I've ever heard come out of your scaly mouth. Cambreaker, it maybe be cutting edge now, but its still 300 years old to me. After the war, they preformed some great technological feats. Even empties are a thing of the past.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

As Cliffjumper walks into the docking bay the first thing he notices is the large form of the Royal Flush taking up most of the space. The cockpit is still closed and Blackjack is still within. There is no movement from the hulking armored suit.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

OOC: I posted up in the top post a quick rendition of the 'Spite Rumble graciously made us, so you have a good idea the geometry of the thing. Thanks Rumble!
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

* Snarl looks at Dinobot and Rattrap, then transforms to dino mode *
" ME SNARL GET LEADER DINOBOT AND BIG GREY RAT FIRST ROUND, BUT ME TIRED, ME SLEEP FIRST "
* Lays down and goes to sleep, blocking the exit door *
" ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ "
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Oh great, im trying to go get some energon drinks, and snarl falls right to sleep in the exit! Oh well, let me help you garbage muncher! Dinobot tosses Rattrap over the sleeping dino, and then hurls himself over.

Sitting at the bar with Rattrap, dinobot starts asking questions. Rattrap, when we arrived to Iacon, you were in your old beast form, how and why did you change? I ask because I may be looking to upgrade myself.
R.I.P. Menasor
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

After the docking clamps are locked, Cambreaker has the shuttle thoroughly scanned for tracking bugs, contaminations, or anything else of the sort. Each 'bot is also scanned upon disembarking into the belly of the Ætherspite. They are each given a schematic of the ship's main layout, and told to report to the forward bridge in one megacycle. The ship lunges into transwarp space, once all are security-cleared...

Cambreaker is one of the last off the shuttle. He stands slowly, feeling about for the grab handle by the door.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Rattrap sips his energon and ponders.

I don't know exactly. Near as I can figure it, the transwarp explosion must have had a reversed the effect of that quantum surge back on Earth. Its a shame Rhinox isn't here, that big guy would have it figured out in an astrosecond. I'll bet they've got a repair station somewhere on this huge boat, bet we can score you an upgrade there.

Rattrap sits back in his chair and enjoys the feeling of the excess energon revitalizing his circuits.
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

CJ looks around and sees no movement at all....

Hello... U up there jack

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Cliffjumper feels a hand on his shoulder. He turns and sees a red 'bot only a little bigger than he is. The 'Bot offers her hand.

'Names Redline. Let's get your friend here to medical. Help me get him out of this big steel death trap...

They pull Blackjack out of the exo-suit and get him on a hoverstretcher. The stretcher reads all of 'Jacks life signs are stable. While Blackjack is delivered to the med bay, Redline and Cliffjumper try to figure out how to work the Royal Flush and deliver it to the armory so the shuttle can undergo repairs. Redline hops in, being about Blackjack's size.

You know how to work this thing?

Meanwhile...
Cambreaker and Minerva make their way to his quarters. He fumbles about the room, looking for something for a moment. Minerva catches his hand gently and guides it to the stasis pod, which had been unloaded from the shuttle. He opens it carefully, and reaches out to Leozack's face. He feels the glassy transparisteel covers of the eye lenses... no cracks.

I want these. No sense in assembling from scratch... He won't be needing them. Meanwhile, get Double Clutch in here. I want Leozack's spark imprisoned. Can't be too careful. As soon as I can see, we'll gather up the entire crew and have a little talk.

Cambreaker, you're still injured and losing fluids!

I'll be fine enough to give a meeting. I'll sit down if I have to. It'll take long enough to get some optics installed, I promise I'll go right to a CR after the meeting. Most of the bots should be well healed by then.
Last edited by Time Traveller on Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

* Snarl awakens and looks around *
" WHERE EVERYONE GO AGAIN, ME SNARL GO TO BAR "
* Snarl goes to the bar and sees Dinobot and Rattrap sitting drinking energon "
" ME SNARL GET NEXT ROUND "
* Snarl transforms to robot mode and punches the bar, sending everyones drinks flying and leaving a hole in the bar *
" ME SNARL SAY ANOTHER FOR LEADER DINOBOT AND FREIND BIG GREY RAT "
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Dinobot stumbles back from the bar after it being almost demolished by snarl. Geez Snarl, you have a wicked slam! You may want to ease up just a little, we're not fighting any cons out here. Im glad to see you're doing better!
R.I.P. Menasor
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

CJ looks at red then looks ate the royal flush with an interesting expression

Im gonna say no he laughs and looks to red but its gonna be fun trying

both bots laugh and red starts pushing some buttons
Last edited by Cliffjumper on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".