Southern Wasteland

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Dinobot deactivated his laser eye. Then he turns to blackjack as they enter the gunship. Ok Blackjack, i'll go with you on this one. Maybe she does deserve a chance. He turns towards Arcee. I too was given a chance to redeem myself. I was predacon, and defected to the maximals who thought me worthy of a chance to fight with them and redeem my honor as well. Arcee's nervous look changed after Dinobot's words. If the group can accept you, then I can too. Besides Rattrap is right, you look slagged.
R.I.P. Menasor
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

As Arcee began mentally preparing to face the wasteland alone, Blackjack’s words rang true:
It doesn’t matta what you’ve done. That wasn’t you. That was someone else. He touched his hand to a pink spot of her paint. This is you.
He was right—she had been someone else entirely, someone she could no longer recognize, and that was over with now. But the nagging feeling within her remained—if she were capable of betraying her dearest friends, what ELSE could she be capable of, in the future? Deep down, she knew nothing could completely conquer her Autobot heart—in fact, it was the very reason she was standing there now—but Arcee couldn’t help but have some self-doubt. The others were actually listening to Blackjack’s speech—they were actually willing, albeit somewhat begrudgingly, to give her another chance. She didn’t want to do anything that would make them regret it.
Then Rattrap spoke. She knew she would hear the term “traitor” for quite some time yet—she would surely have to hear it from every Autobot she faced—and yet, she knew that with each utterance of the word, it would sting equally as badly as it had the first time.

Trait ... Arcee. Your fate isn’t up to us. It’s up to those you wronged most, the Autobots you served with for years.
Cambreaker, she thought. He would be the real test, and she found herself truly fearful. Of all whom she had hurt, she knew Cambreaker had received it the worst—both physically and emotionally. Their friendship was only beginning to cement itself, and she had immediately broken and betrayed it. She began to remember their fight outside of Iacon … the sheer glee with which she had pointed her gun to his back and fired. Primus, she had enjoyed it. She shook her head, disgusted with herself.
Either way, it’s our duty to take you back to Iacon.
As they made their way into the vessel, Arcee turned to Blackjack and mouthed a quiet "Thank you." She was surprised to find they let her board the ship rather freely—she had half expected them to treat her like their prisoner, placing her in stasis cuffs and throwing her in the brig. She certainly wouldn’t have blamed them. Instead, she simply sat down, no restraints, as Redline scanned her for injury. Arcee said nothing and did not look at her as she did this … she had hardly met the fembot before everything soured, and she was saddened by the fact that Redline’s first impression of her would be that of a turncoat.
Then Dinobot broke Arcee’s thoughts.
I, too, was given a chance to redeem myself … if the group can accept you, then I can, too. She hadn’t known of his defection, and it caught her off-guard. Perhaps this experience, these emotions she was feeling … would be something over which they could eventually bond?
Besides, Rattrap is right—you look slagged.
For the first time in a long, long while, Arcee let out a throaty laugh ... unbeknownst to her, however, was the storm she would soon face on the horizon.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

As they entered the shuttle, Blackjack was surprised to see even Dinobot's expression soften a little. His words had had some effect and this surprised him. He'd never been one for speeches, in fact he'd usually liked to not say all that much at all. The only time he'd talked back in those days was to make a snarky comment about the chain of command or when he was asked a question by a superior. Arcee had helped him with that as well. She'd been the friend who helped him to talk again, helped him to move forward. There was so much he'd forgotten. When he'd first returned to Iacon there had been so much to do that he hadn't had the time to talk with her about those old days. And then everything else had happened so fast, he had regretted it. Now he felt he'd been given a second chance.

She thanked him, but he hardly felt it necessary. He didn't feel he was doing this for her, so much as for his own chance at redemption. It was good to have another of his old friends back, even if there was still much to be done before they would trust her again and perhaps they never would. He sat next to Arcee on the shuttle and waited. Redline examined them both as the craft took off to head back to Iacon. He gave her an open-mouthed smile as she noted to him that he was only showing signs of stress, but nothing unhealthy. Silence fell over the craft and Blackjack fell into thought.

There was one other thing he would have to do now. He had one other close friend back in those days, Cambreaker. He'd even been invited once to go to one of the shows that his friend had told him about, the dancing shows. He'd noticed Cam taking an interest in a beautiful, young dancer and he'd encouraged his friend to speak with her after one of the shows. Whether he'd listened or not, Blackjack couldn't remember. But they'd met each other nonetheless. It had been enjoyable, but not Blackjack still preferred the quiet conversations with Arcee at the firing range to the grandiose excitement of the stage performances.

Now however, he knew he would be challenged. When they landed, he intended to be the first to speak with his old friend about the recovery of Arcee from the wasteland. He would take responsibility for her return despite whatever Cambreaker had to say. He knew that he had much to answer for as well, but this business with her came first. At that moment, Cambreaker commed them all saying he did not wish to be disturbed unless it was extremely important.

Blackjack knew that he would have to disappoint.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

* dirge and rumble blast into the wastelands and land outside whats left of a building rumble stops playing hi ho silver lightningand ejects and transforms the building say GLENNVIEW dirge and rumble enter and rumble sees an old framed picture of grimlock and dirge together on the mantlepiece *

" its been a long time since i was here squirt "
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

*Rumble moves further into the room eyes drifting around.*

"Yeah I can see why you haven't been back, this place is a dump..."

*Rumble moves to the mantle and picks up the picture to study it, doing so he turns back to face Dirge.*

"Look at you two, I mean I ain't got a problem with the occasional older woman Dirge, but come on.... she's was a dinosaur!"
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

" maybe she is squirt but i loved her once "

* dirge takes the picture from rumble and studys it for a moment *

" those were the days "

* dirge says to himself then he puts it back on the mantlepiece *

" lets see if we can get the old generator working squirt "

* rumble follows dirge into the basement and dirge unsheets an ancient old generator then he spends half a breem trying to get it to work *

" this pile of junk is older than alpha trion i cant get it to work "
Rumble

Post by Rumble »

"I thought you were older then Alpha Trion..."

*Dirge gives Rumble a sharp look then kicks the generator in fustration.*

"I give up! Me and electrics just don't mix so great."

*Rumble brushes Dirge aside and looks at the generator, reaching out and flicking a small red switch. The lights flicker and come on as the generator hums to life. Rumble looks smugly at the seeker.*
R.I.P, Menasor.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

" i knew that switch was there i was just testing you now lets raid the fridge im starving "

* dirge and rumble head up to the kitchen and when they open the fridge they find some beer ogon and a 4 million year old block of cheese *

" damn that dino she didnt go to the store again "
Rumble

Post by Rumble »

"Typical dinobot... Gimmie that cheese."

*Rumble snatches the cheese and attempts to pull it apart, but to no avail. Placing it on the floor he fires at it with his laser which causes no damage at all.*

"Aww looks like this cheese is long past it. How's the beer-o-geon?"

*Dirge opens the beer and tips it to one side, only dust pours out onto the floor.*

"Yeah it's not so good."
R.I.P, Menasor.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

" there has to be food here somewhere she used to eat 20 tonnes a day "

* dirge opens the cupboards and finds six tins of beans and ten tins of hotdogs *

" lets try these squirt "
Rumble

Post by Rumble »

*Dirge tosses a can of beans to Rumble who catches it with great skill.*

"You try these, I'll try these."

*Dirge picks up a can of hotdogs and proceeds to pull the top off. Rumble attempts to do the same to the beans but fails. He continues to struggle as Dirge picks out a slightly florescent hotdog from his tin.*

"Here goes...."

*Dirge slowly goes to eat the hotdog with Rumble looking on in wonderment.*
R.I.P, Menasor.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

* dirge eats the hotdog and instantly goes a dark green colour he turns away from rumble and throws up *

" needs salt squirt im going to try and cook one "

* dirge puts them in a microwave and trys to turn it on but it doesnt work *

" dam dino ate the plug how can we get it to work squirt "
Rumble

Post by Rumble »

*Rumble shrugs, he isn't sure.*

"Look bud I ain't an electrician, if I was I would be out earning 32.00 an hour, not standing here with you in an old house looking at a microwave."

*Rumble grabs the wire and jams it into the wall socket, sending sparks flying.*

"Now try..."
R.I.P, Menasor.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

" you sure thats a safe way of doing it squirt "

* rumble just shrugs so dirge touches the on button and the electrical shock send him flying across the room and into the bedroom *

" dam dino didnt make the bed and she ate the dresser "
Rumble

Post by Rumble »

*Rumble laughs as Dirge goes flying. As he follows he hears Dirge's whining about the state of the place.*

"Well shes a dinobot, they eat anything and everything!"
R.I.P, Menasor.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

* dirge picks himself up off the floor and looks around and sighs *

" you know squirt before the war we were happy here "

* dirge goes to a chest of drawers and pulls the bottom one open he gets out a large box *

" this squirt is the stuff that i had before the war "

* dirge opens the box and gets out a banner that says " decepticon political party vote megatron " and he gets one of the first weapons he had when war broke out and he gets half of a ten shanix note out *
Rumble

Post by Rumble »

*Rumble sees Dirge is getting all emotional and is starting to express feelings.*

"Where on Cybertron is this Dinobot. Does she not realise we have a go-kart to build!?"
R.I.P, Menasor.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

OOC :-
she's was a dinosaur!"
:( I am not that old.

BIC:-

* As Grimlock enters the wasteland, she transforms in to robot mode and makes her way to the old building, unaware that she is being followed. She stops outside the building, draws her sword and sticks it in the ground. She then gets out her gun and lays that down too, then she steps closer to the building. *

" Me Grimlock know you here, you come out. "

* Dirge emerges from the building followed by Rumble. Then Dirge removes his weapons and stands them up against the wall. Then they both take a step towards each other, looking directly in to each others eyes. Then they hug and Grimlock kisses Dirge on the cheek. *

" Me Grimlock say it been too long. "

ME GRIMLOCK WANT TO MUNCH METAL
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

OOC:
Grimlock wrote: Grimlock kisses Dirge on the cheek. *
Tricky without lips, neh? :wink: Carry on :P
Rumble

Post by Rumble »

*Watching the display in front of him Rumble is unsure what makes him feel more ill, this or the food found in the kitchen.*
R.I.P, Menasor.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun