kaon industrial district ( k.i.d. )

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

"Who the deuce are they?" Skywarp said, and then the one who seemed to be in charge said "I'm Deuce," like that was his name. A fake name, Skywarp suspected. Skywarp quickly looks over each of the newcomers, searching for a black square to reveal the shield of allegiance, but if any of them have that particular feature, Skywarp is unable to see where. Still, Dirge seems to trust this group (despite the fact that they apparently followed different evolutions than Dirge and Skywarp to get their alternate modes), and furthermore, they seem to have something to sell, something Dirge wants.

But Skywarp does not really let his guard down until Fleetside arrives and empties his load--burying Wreck-Gar in the process. At that, Skywarp smirks and lowers his weapons. He can appreciate that kind of humor. These mechs might be all right.

Skywarp is about to settle in and see how Dirge and "Deuce" work out their transaction (Skywarp wonders what the goods in question might be, but decides that without knowing the answer to that question, it's best for him to let Dirge handle the situation without the interference of any "help" Skywarp might try to offer) when suddenly a garbage truck emerges from the pile Fleetside dumped, gathers up all the junk in the lab, and drives out the door and down the street.
"Hey!" Skywarp protests. "That truck stole our prisoner!" (Skywarp, not being the brightest pixel on the screen, does not yet realize that the truck was the prisoner, somehow freed of his bonds and reformatted into a new vehicle mode.) The black-and-purple Seeker runs outside, transforming at the doorway and jetting into the sky for an aerial view, trying to acquire the target truck. What he sees is...

((OOC: Okay, actually, i can't finish that sentence, because i'm not sure what stepped on Wreck-Gar. Off the top of my head, i'm thinking The Last Autobot (but wasn't he trying to reach Iacon?), Royal Flush (...nah...), some gestalt (who? coming from where? when? how? why? what?), someone who transforms into a city (like Scorponok) or rocket base (like Omega Supreme), or some kind of a random comic relief slapstick cameo character whom we will never see again beyond that last post. Whatever stepped on Wreck-Gar, i think it's rather important for us to know, since who/what it is will likely have a significant impact on the immediate future of the plot here. In particular, what is the stepper's allegiance, and is he/she/it even aware of having stepped on Wreck-Gar?))
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

he's humming the Monty Python Flying Circus theme song.. so I am assuming the giant foot he mentions is in this video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49c-_YOk ... r_embedded
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

* dirge watches in horror as wreck gar vaccuums up att the stuff ... leaving his hideout floor clean *

" OI ... GET BACK HERE WITH MY QUALITY TRANSFORMER PARTS YOU TRASH CAN ON WHEELS !!!!! "

* after the foot from the sky stomps wreck gar ... dirge pulls him out and drags him back to his lab...

once there he wheel clamps the garbage truck and chains it to the wall before turning back to deuce *

" so how much ? "
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Deuce and Pinstripe exchange looks, not being used to buyers being this desperate for the goods. It was like this was too easy!

Well, ah, we was thinkin' maybe we could staht workin' togetha, Helpin each otha's agendas. I don't think eitha of our entaprises really cares foah those mugs hangin around the Ground Zero district, so maybe ya could help us... ice dem. And maybe that weahd tank thing would be a nice trade. It would be tha staht of a profitable association, doncha think?
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

" that wierd tank thing isnt for sale or trade

but if you want one i can build you one the same
"

* as he awaits a response, dirge considers that nobody here has the medical knowledge to implant a spark.

in fact he only knows of one mech thats definately still functional that could do something like that

he looks at the garbage truck as an idea begins to form in his mind *

" you guys stay outta sight of the monitor " * he says to deuce pinstripe and fleetside *

* dirge goes to the communication monitor and presses a few buttons the screen shows fuzzy for a moment as dirge speaks *

" AUTOBOTS, THIS IS DIRGE ...... RESPOND "
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

((OOC: Shall we just retcon that Dirge and Skywarp left Iacon after the Royal Flush showed up? Because the posts actually have Dirge abducting Wreck-Gar and telling Skywarp it's time for them to leave before the Royal Flush appears on the scene. Also, for my own peace of mind, i'd like to account for the giant foot cameo that came down on Wreck-Gar: Let's call it a part of a discarded parade float, salvaged by the Junkions and accidentally jettisoned during their approach to Cybertron. Maybe it was supposed to be part of their landing gear. Anyway, the Junkion ship landed; the giant foot's orbit took longer to decay, and then, instead of landing like a ship, it fell like a rock, landing on the newly reconfigured Wreck-Gar. BIC:))

"Ice them"? What does that mean? Skywarp wonders silently. Doesn't sound good... for the Autobots. And anything that isn't good for the Autobots sounds good to me. But what weird tank thing are they talking about? The Royal Flush? That's not even ours, it's the Autobots'. And now Dirge is calling the Autobots. What is he thinking? Skywarp almost asks Dirge that very question, but he bites back on the words, since these newcomers are here, not to mention that the Autobots would be able to overhear the Seekers talking, as well.

Dirge offers to exchange Wreck-Gar's freedom--along with a PILE of energon--for Minerva's services.
Now what does Dirge want with an Autobot medic? Skywarp wonders. (He still doesn't know that what Dirge is hoping to get from Pinstripe's gang is Galvatron's spark.)

((OOC: To clarify, Skywarp has not done anything in this post except watch and wonder; he has not said anything out loud.))
Last edited by Rhymus on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

<Hah. Listen to this, "he can build us one." He hasn't built one to crush his enemies, and he can't even rebuild whosever laser core this is.>

<I know boss... Can't build much in a gahbage hole like dis...>

Pinstripe looks around, beginning to second guess this venture as being worth his while. The blue and orange jet is so distracted, he could pinch the place blind if not for the dark blue one eyeing up.... Deuce. Not Pinstripe, but Deuce. The black one called Skywarp was falling for the oldest trick in the book. Pinstripe notices some datacards heaped around the parts table with the hodgepodge replica of the large purple robot out of the corner of his optic.

So... what da youse mugs do foah a livin'? Dems othah bots don't seem to have much worth takin', especially if yas can't get dat "Royal Flush"...

As hoped, Skywarp looks right at Deuce, surprised that the silence had been broken by something other the beeping of Dirge's video game. Just as stealthily as the old days, Pinstripe slips one of the data cards right into his passenger side window... and into his data drive. Without missing a beat, he looks coolly to Dirge, still engrossed in the game, and then back to Skywarp, who is coming out of his thoughts and forming his answer. No one saw. The mech's name is Galvatron... very powerful frame and weapons, though of strange construction. Almost as if he'd been engineered all at once. And he was their leader.

<The price just went up, Deuce.>
Last edited by Time Traveller on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Skywarp mutters at Deuce, quietly so as not to be overheard by the Autobots over the comm, "What we do for a living is none of your business, and more importantly, it's none of their business." At the word "their", the Seeker gestures with his head in the direction of the Autobots--or at least in the direction of the communications screen Dirge is using to display the Autobots he has on the line.

"You want to talk business--or living--let's you and me step into the next room so the Autobots can't listen in. Your soldiers can stay here and tell you later what happens with Dirge and the Autobots, and you can tell me what the deal is you're trying to hash out with Dirge. I'm tired of not knowing what's going on here, and if I agree that Dirge has good reason to talk with you, maybe I can help."
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Galvatron quietly listens to all of the discussions between Dirge and Pinstripe.
He wonders if Pinstripe will hear his low volume vocal processor. He takes a chance.

Give me a body he whispers...
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Eh, I guess if it bothahs ya that much, we can have a little chat til da Autobot gets back. I'd prefah ta heah what Dirge has got in mind firsthand. Sound good?

Pinstripe stops Deuce as he heads off with Skywarp.

I'm gonna take post outside for a minute, make sure no one followed us here.

Stepping just outside the door, and leaving Fleetside with Dirge, Pinstripe reaches in his passenger side window an retrieves Galvatron's spark core, and talks in a low voice.

Hello, Galvatron. Quite the request you got there, a new body. I'd say that's worth quite a lot, don't you think?
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

the spark glows a bright purple color as it fills with anger...

The question is, is it worth YOUR spark if you don't succeed?

Galvatron pauses for a moment and the glare of his spark dims down a bit.
He has heard the way this Pinstripe fellow thinks. He has observed that he is only out to make profit. Galvatron has a plan to use this as his advantage.

Perhaps, I let my desperation get the best of me. I 'pologize for that outburst. You see, I don't know how I got here. And I'm a bit confused. Perhaps I can make you a bargain you cannot refuse. I am a very powerful Decepticon, see. I can give you 'munity, see. Anybody that doublecrosses you will be sleeping with the Sharkicons, see. All you need to do is help that CONEHEAD get me to that medic. I can give you anything ya want.
Just ask and you will recieve. But only after I am back in my body can I do this. And I'll toss in a bonus if you keep my existance silent, see.
The word of my existance must not reach the Autobots until I am complete once more, see.

Show this CONEHEAD how to negotiate like a real Cybertronian. Show him how YOU would take the situation, see. Time is wasting and I don't know how much longer my spark will stay charged from these 9volt batteries.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

* dirge turns around to find that one of the newbies had gone

he turns to deuce *

" righty ho then ....

i have to take the prisoner and do a swift prisoner swap make sure you have that item for me on my return and i will pay you whatever you want
"

* dirge grabs wreck gar and heads out the door almost falling over pinstripe

not noticing the spark in his hand dirge yells at him *

" OUTTA MY WAY AFTERBURNER BREATH, IM A BUSY CONEHEAD "

* with that dirge heads skywards, taking wreck gar with him *
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Pinstripe smirks. The Decepticon had already picked up Drive-By's manner of speech, and was trying to connect like one of the clan.

Lissin, Decepticon. He hisses menacingly. I'm afraid you don't seem to be in much position to make demands here. I've already GOT immunity. I've already PUT my enemies to sleep with the sharkticons. I tell you what I WANT. I want your troops. I want that tank the Autobots got. I want that medic. I want them to all know who's got power around here. And so long as I got YOU in this box, I'm already halfway theah. Little you can offer me that make me change my mind... I want it all before I give up this hand... And besides, he finishes smugly, I don't make deals on credit.

Meanwhile, back inside, Deuce pulls out a Carcinogax stick and activates it, letting the smoke roll into his mouth and down his manifold.

<You know the boss hates it when you do that, Deuce.>
<Shaddap, Fleetside. I'm gonna die young in dis job anyway.>
<Yer gonna die younger if you keep poisoning your catalysts with those things. Besides, these Decepticons could exploit your addiction. It's a weakness>

Glaring, Deuce puts it out and stows it again.

Ok, Skywahp, looks like we got a minnit. Let's talk.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Galvatron whispers back so only Pinstripe can hear....

Perhaps you don't understand my powers. You only think you have 'munity, see. You are only safe right now because I want you to be , see. Obviously I am a powerful 'bot. Otherwise, why would anybody want to rebuild me. I was going to wait for my body before I did you and your friends any favors. But I see you drive a hard bargain.

The Decepticon Motormaster is seen driving by on his way to the local Carcinogax store with his trailer loaded with boxes full of Carcinogax.
Galvatron sends a beam of light from his spark to Motormaster and causes him to stop. He then turns and drives towards Pinstripe. Then unloads his cargo right in front of him.

"I don't know why I'm doing this!" he says.
Once emptied, he drives away.

As I said before,see, I can get you anything you want. I am even more powerful when my spark is connected to a body. You want a tank, ey?
Show me images of this tank. What purpose do you need a tank and any of my troops if all your en-mees are sleepin with da Sharkticons already?
Are you planning on making more en-mees? Give me a body and you will have a powerful AL-I against any of your new foes.

Even though Pinstripe is playing it hard, Galvatron knows that everybody has a price.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Dirge wrote:* dirge flings the gameboy over his shoulder, not really caring how or where it lands *
The Game Boy hits Skywarp in the back of the head, and he turns to glare at Dirge. But then Dirge is gone.
Time Traveller wrote:Ok, Skywahp, looks like we got a minnit. Let's talk.
Skywarp turns back to the one called Deuce and says, "Yes, let's talk. You go first. You can start by telling me what you have that Dirge wants, where you got it, and for that matter, where the hex you all came from. You aren't empties and you don't seem like neutrals, but it isn't every cycle that a bunch of combat-ready mechs show up who nobody else recognizes. Where have you been, and what have you been doing? We didn't just start fighting the Autobots today, you know."

Although he tries to sound belligerent, Skywarp is really just curious. He's dying to know what has Dirge practically doing barrel rolls, and he (Skywarp) doesn't really suspect that Deuce or any of Deuce's teammates are trying to put one over on the Seekers. After all, they dumped a whole load of crap right on the prisoner when they showed up. How can you not appreciate someone who pulls a prank like that?
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

* landing with minerva at his secret hideout ...

dirge shoves her inside and locks the door behind them ...

pointing to galvatrons new body on the table he says ... *

" your mission autobot medic ... is to restore life to galvatron ...

beginning with making correct modifications to this shell
"

* dirge goes to his terminal and presses a button that activates all his booby traps in the area *
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

He could tell from the seriousness of Dinobot's tone that his companion was also putting aside everything else to focus on rescuing Minerva. He understood that Dinobot blamed himself as the one assigned to prevent this from happening, but he also felt that as their leader he should have been better prepared to deal with the unexpected. He is startled a little by Dinobot's tone, there is much anger. Having never spoken to the strange warrior, Blackjack knows little of his past. This anger is a new thing and not unlike the type of hatred a Decepticon would bring into battle. He wonders if it is something they should speak of once there is time.

Before he can say anything in response, the garbage truck speaks up in Wreck-Gar's voice saying to follow him. Not being able to speak Junkion, Blackjack can only assume that the strange transformer remembers how to reach Dirge's hideout from having been there. He is reminded a moment later by Sideways that they had traced the location of signal sent earlier.

Makeway, this is Blackjack. Can you transmit the coordinates of the transmission sent by Doirge?

Sure thing, Blackjack. I can transmit those coordinates to you in a jiffy. I've been monitoring your situation. Sorry about what happened with Minerva. If you're going to go after Dirge I would suggest you use caution; although he is just a Decepticon seeker I wouldn't be so sure that he's acting on his own. You also may have to worry about traps. You know how sneaky those Decepticons can be. They don't call them Decepticons for nothing...

He was certain that Makeway would have continued but he didn't have time to listen. He thanked the new 'bot briefly and turned off the comm. Loading the coordinates Makeway had sent, he noticed one thing.

Kaon.

Where else did you expect a Decepticon to run, Jack?

Brakkas was right. And the garbage truck that was Wreck-Gar seemed to be leading them to the very same. In the distance he could see the bombed out ruins of what once had been a mighty Decepticon fortress, Megatron's stronghold on Cybertron. But there were less well-known parts of the city and the signal had come from a smaller section on the outskirts.

As the three Autobots approached the bombed out ruins, Blackjack sent a message to the other, Keep your eyes peeled. This used to be a really bad place for Autobots. Probably still is.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker

Post by Dirge »

* picking up a transmission from someone asking for decepticons ... he responds to it *

" everyone is me and some others in hiding in the industrial section ... get your ass over here and help kill autobots ... they are invading my personal space "
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Near the outskirts of Kaon, the metallic surface of the planet cracked and split as a dark red drill tank emerged. The tank transformed into a a humanoid robot that resembled an Earth creature called a fire ant. The being known as Inferno glanced around. Then the silence was broken by radio communication. It was a Decepticon frequency, the only frequencies he knew how to receive.

This is Scourge.. Where are the rest of you?

Scourge, he recognized that name. A loyal follower of Megatron modelled after his late adversary Optimus Prime. A fitting mockery of the once great Autobot leader. But where was Megatron? This was Kaon, as far as Inferno could tell but the mighty spires seemed now only a charred pile of rubble. What had happened? He was about to answer Scourge's messgae when another came through his comm.

everyone is me and some others in hiding in the industrial section ... get your ass over here and help kill autobots ... they are invading my personal space

I was a voice he was not familiar with. But there were two words that stuck out to Inferno "kill Autobots". He let out a mighty laugh and transformed to drill tank mode, roaring off towards the source of the transmission. Perhaps he would find Megatron or Galvatron there, perhaps even Deszaras. Someone could tell Inferno who had destroyed his colony and whoever it was would burn. He would make certain of that.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Dirge drops Minerva unceremoniously on the ground and then pushes her inside.
Ouch! Minerva lands with a thud on the floor.
I thought you at least intended on keeping me alive until after I’ve finished this “delicate operation”.

As Minerva gets up, Dirge points to Galvatrons seemingly lifeless body lying on a nearby table.

Minerva can’t believe what she’s seeing - Galvatron blew himself up, he was supposed to be dead!
No… it can’t be…
She takes a few steps closer and notices that it was indeed just a lifeless body, a shell; the spark was not there anymore.

She glances over her shoulder to Dirge, who is standing with his arms crossed over his chest and a serious look on his faceplate, which told her that he wasn’t joking.
Minerva knew that her life was in his hands at the moment, but even though she wanted to get out of this alive, she couldn't work miracles.
I-I can’t do this... there’s no way I could bring him back to life even if I wanted to, even you should know that!