Shattered Plastic! (thanks STARS)

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

The Benefactor is... well, we'll call him Porotectah. Long story.
Kaon is...very damaged. It survived. Missile bay SW 11-38 was struck by a particularly dense bomb pattern from the Nethersprite's bombard cannons.
Don't worry too much about the character rules, since they're more plot points than continual major threats to the opposing force. Anyway, I'm off to do some postin'.

BTW, Desz, i love "his face and forearms are ALWAYS visible."

Also, Someone PLEASE pick a Gold Plastic Syndrome character like Electro and make him liek TOTALLY IMPERVIOUS to damage.

*goes off to cry for electro :cry: *
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

So in the Shattered Plastic universe, Gold Plastic Syndrome is like electrum? :-D

i should've thought of that. Slag it!

i mean, it's not like i haven't thought about Gold Plastic Syndrome in this game--when Slingshot rescued Megaplex, i almost broke character to ask, "He's not G2 Slingshot, is he?"

Obviously not. Shattered Plastic Slingshot was damaged by the falling shield panel, which he would not have been had he possessed the invulnerability of Gold Plastic Synergy.

In other news, i suppose Porotectah must be an inversion of Destoroyah or however you spell that--i remember him being listed in the Decepticon RPG roster, now that you mention his Shattered Plastic counterpart--but i don't remember finding any of his posts in the parts of the RP that i read. Maybe i should go back further to find out about him.

[EDIT]

If Shattered Plastic's Gold Plastic Synergy is like G1 electrum, i wonder what that makes Shattered Plastic electrum--Cosmic Rust?

But then what does Shattered Plastic Cosmic Rust do?

Perhaps Shattered Plastic Cosmic Dust causes "burning justice"--particularly the new paint jobs and upgraded strength/speed/etc. possessed by the "Super Mode" redecos of CRiD Autobot Brothers X-Brawn, Sideburn, and Prowl.

Hmm, what else can we do with TF substances in Shattered Plastic?

According to G1 Marvel, Nucleon affects every mechanoid differently; in Shattered Plastic, Nucleon affects every mechanoid the same, trapping them in their alternate mode! The Constructicons' transfixation ray ((canonically known as "the transfixatron")) could purge the transfixation effects of the Nucleon, usually restoring the Nucleon-affected TFs to whatever form they had before Nucleon came into the picture; however, some TFs under the influence of Nucleon became Action Master Elites upon being blasted with the transfixation ray.

...Well, at least they aren't more character ideas...

[/EDIT]
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

STARS Commando 539 wrote: ...Well, at least they aren't more character ideas...
Devastater:-
A large decepticon six robot combiner who likes nothing more than planting and tending to vegetables. :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist...
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Decepticon Sideways:

A former Autobot who lost his mind when one of his experiments backfired - driving him insane. He promptly killed everybody in the base before joining the ranks of the Decepticons.

Sideways is a mad scientist. Captured Autobots are brought to him for torture. It does not take him long before he breaks the Autobot's fragile mind and learns his secrets.

His alt mode is a damaged Nissan 240SX.
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

did I kill the other threads? or is everybody just too busy?
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

I don't think you killed any threads, it just seems like a lot of people are busy at the moment. Hopefully we'll get the RP running soon again though!
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Deszaras wrote:A mech wearing a long white labcoat that was slightly charred at the edges was walking around with a large object slung over his back. He held a device that was linked to it and was zapping and then reconstituting the chunks of rubble that still lay in the area {when they were reconstituted they were reconfigured into something more useful.}. Autobot Darkshock was a plain silver mech underneath the lab coat he almost always wore and this was clearly visible because his faceplate and forearms/hands were always visible.

Below the missile room autobot deszaras {who looks like the legend of Da garn red geist recolour of TF victory Deszaras} sat behind his desk in the fallout bunker he had adopted as his office. He could only sigh at the reports coming in meaning the situation wasn't getting any better.
Sorry! Somehow, i misread that--i saw Deszaras's name throughout, when the first part is actually about Darkshock.

Just to make sure i'm not still confused--Darkshock is a member of Red Team, and Deszaras is coordinating the repair efforts from his [temporary?] office?

Hey, do we Autobots have a leader? Deszaras maybe? and that's why he's the one getting all those reports? or maybe he's filling in for an Autobot leader who's missing in action?

Cambreaker is the Decepticon leader, right?

On an unrelated issue--Japanese "G1" Minerva is a Human with Master Braces granting her control of a Nightbeat-shaped Transtector, right? Is Shattered Plastic Minerva also a Human with a Transtector? What about Minerva in the normal TransformerLand RPG?

In other news...
Deszaras wrote:
STARS Commando 539 wrote: ...Well, at least they aren't more character ideas...
Devastater:-
A large decepticon six robot combiner who likes nothing more than planting and tending to vegetables. :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist...
i'd have to be some kind of hypocrite if i objected to anyone ELSE submitting character ideas. Although, while we're on the subject, what did you change about Devastator? ;-)

No, what i meant was, i was worried people would get sick of ME posting too many character ideas.

Such as these...

++++++

Shattered Plastic JAZZ is already taken, but here's an alternative rendition:

Evil Decepticon
Shattered Plastic MEISTER

((Looks like G1 Jazz? G2 Jazz? Ricochet, AKA Stepper? BT/Alt Meister? BT/Alt Zoom-Zoom? live-action movie Jazz? Animated Jazz? ...Does it matter?))

Formerly known as "Jazz", but changed his name when he found out that Earthlings have a genre of music called "jazz", and he hates all music. Also hates all Earthlings, because they made it necessary for him to change his name. A capable warrior, as long as he doesn't have to work alone or improvise or think creatively. ((Contrast with G1 Jazz, a music-lover whose Function is Special Ops Agent because he's good at improvising and thinking creatively whether he's working alone or with others.))

++++++

Heroic Autobots
CONSTRUCTION TEAM
((Shattered Plastic G1 Constructicons, named a la CRiD Build Team))

The founders and architects of Crystal City appreciate all things beautiful, which possibly explains the fact that when they invented combiner technology and tested it on themselves, their combined form Diva-Star ((i believe the Japanese name for Devastator is "Devastar")) demonstrated a personality best described as the Cybertronian equivalent of a male model.

Who likes nothing more than planting and tending to vegetables. ;-)

++++++

Independent
Shattered Plastic JHIAXUS

There have been male and female Transformers for as long as Jhiaxus can remember, but Jhiaxus has decided that since Transformers are machines, gender is entirely superfluous to their race, so she intends to see that every male Transformer is either destroyed or converted into a female using her Mech-Smasher ball-bearing-buster invention. Plans to finance her anti-male-TF campaign by selling Terraformed duplicates of the planet Earth to the Humans. When the Construction Team invented combiner technology, Jhiaxus declared that Transformers would be RUINED FOREVER.

++++++

Evil Decepticon
Shattered Plastic BLUESTREAK

Looks like G1 Bluestreak with the addition of racing stripes resembling streaks of blue paint.

Never says a word because his actions speak for him. Once, in his hometown, he overheard someone saying something which might have been interpreted as pro-Autobot; Bluestreak responded by killing the one who said it, then killing everybody else in the city and razing the city to its foundations, and then rigging the foundations with bombs set to explode if anyone gets too close.

++++++

Evil? Decepticon
Shattered Plastic KUP

Looks like Binaltech/Alternators Optimus Prime with a new headsculpt and G1 Kup's colors.

Childishly naive, immature, inexperienced, turbo-revvin' young punk ever since his memory was erased while his body was being upgraded. Sometimes listens to the stories and advice of those more experienced than he is (well, more experienced than he is now), and sometimes even enjoys hearing what they have to say, but usually misses the point and learns the wrong lesson, assuming he learns anything. In addition to his memory being inadvertently wiped, he tends to forget a lot of the things he learns and a lot of the things that have happened recently, as well.

++++++

Evil? Decepticon
Shattered Plastic SPRINGER

Looks like G1 Springer in G1 Sixshot's colors.

Highly incompetent. Transforms more slowly than most Transformers because he often gets stuck mid-transformation, usually because he can't remember what he was trying to transform into. ("Wait, was I transforming into robot mode, or from robot mode...?")

++++++

Heroic Autobot
Shattered Plastic Beast Wars time traveller RAVAGE

"Destroy the Decepticons forever!"

++++++

anti-Cybertronian
Shattered Plastic CHIP CHASE

A former professional football player (soccer and American football both). Became a soldier to fight and kill Transformers because he hates computers and likes beating up computer nerds, and sees Transformers as the ultimate computers combined with the ultimate computer nerds.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

STARS Commando 539 wrote: Cambreaker is the Decepticon leader, right?

On an unrelated issue--Japanese "G1" Minerva is a Human with Master Braces granting her control of a Nightbeat-shaped Transtector, right? Is Shattered Plastic Minerva also a Human with a Transtector? What about Minerva in the normal TransformerLand RPG?
Yes, Cambreaker is the leader of the Decepticons in the Shattered Plastic universe and no, Minerva's not a human with a Transector in either TFL RPG.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Are Rodimus and/or Arcee still alive?
in [url=http://transformerland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3941]SP: Kaon (Sunstorm's medical facility)[/url], i wrote:((According to http://transformerland.com/forum/viewto ... 7&start=40, Shattered Plastic gold plastic is "TOTALLY IMPERVIOUS to damage" ...which is ironic, not only given the nature of nonfiction gold plastic, but also given that the name of this alternate reality is Shattered Plastic.))

"Oh, gold plastic is no joke," Sunstorm assures his patient patiently. "A lot of Transformers don't believe that g.p. even exists, but it does--it's just extremely rare. It's also highly resistant to damage--virtually indestructible, by some accounts--which is why some medical supplies are made from it. It's too rare and expensive to permanently armor an entire Transformer with it*, but we can use temporary gold plastic braces and patches to reinforce the damaged portions of an injured Transformer, to protect those injuries from further damage while the repairs are in progress and while the Transformer is recovering. Some Transformers are allergic, though--the plastic does not conduct electricity very well, and in some cases even insulates, severely reducing electrical conductivity in damaged areas, so if a Transformer is inadequately powered by non-electrical energy sources, g.p. can do more harm than good. If you've never been tested for a gold plastic allergy before, I think we had better not use any on you--you aren't in any condition to deal with the negative effects of a bad reaction to the g.p. if it turns out you are allergic, and even testing you for g.p. allergy could shut you down."

*((At least, Sunstorm believes that there aren't any Transformers completely armored with--or completely made of--gold plastic...))
New ideas regarding Shattered Plastic nucleon: i should have realized sooner that nucleon also makes Transformers slower and weaker than they were before.

At some point, should i stop posting Shattered Plastic character ideas here, and move to the Products of the Fandom board? i'm still hoping to entice more players to be more active in Kolkular, though...

Anyhow, more character ideas:

bending the fourth wall
Shattered Plastic (or Bent Plastic) PETER CULLEN

Peter Cullen is a Vampire (a member of Edward Cullen's "Twilight" family) and a deaf-mute best known for his dramatic performances in the role of...

...OPTIMUS MIME ((Shattered Plastic Optimus Prime))
Evil Decepticon
"......"
A redeco of Masterpiece Ultra Magnus with the colors--especially the facepaint--of an Earthling Human mime. The strong, silent type, except perhaps for the strong part. Able to speak, but never does, preferring to communicate by pantomiming charades, even when doing so results (as it has in the past) in others using violence to try to make him stop and just talk. Has a non-transforming trailer which is completely invisible at all times. Sometimes gets trapped inside of said trailer. Sometimes pretends to be trapped inside of it, which tricks opponents into thinking he's not as much of a threat as he actually is. But sometimes he actually is trapped inside of it. When Optimus Mime is in vehicle mode, the trailer often serves as a demolition derby equivalent of a melee weapon or battering ram; when he is in vehicle or robot mode, the trailer often serves as a shield or roadblock. He also has a few handheld weapons (some energy weapons, others melee weapons), all of which are invisible, so it looks like he's just miming when he draws and uses any of them. The fact that his weapons are invisible means he often misplaces them, but also enables him to confuse or bluff enemies either into thinking that he's unarmed when he's armed, or into thinking he has larger or more powerful weapons than he actually does. Optimus Mime serves as the chauffeur and reluctant bodyguard/enforcer for...

...Shattered Plastic ROLLER
Evil Decepticon
"Let's roll!"
A redeco of Armada Mini-Con Corona Sparkplug in G1 Ratbat's colors. One of the highest-ranking Decepticons. ((G1 Ratbat was G1 Soundwave's minion; G1 Roller was G1 Optimus Prime's minion. G1 Ratbat was one of the lowest price-point Transformer toys; G1 Roller was so cheap he was more like a free accessory than a separate toy. G1 Ratbat was a high-ranking Decepticon (a faction leader, by some accounts); Shattered Plastic Roller is a high-ranking Decepticon. Also, neither Roller nor Ratbat really have a counterpart of the opposite faction with whom to swap decos, the way Rumble and Frenzy swapped decos with Rewind and Eject in the Shattered Glass universe.)) Fluent in over six million forms of communication. ((C-3PO Easter Egg! This in contrast with G1 cartoon Roller, who, like some depictions of the Armada Mini-Cons, was unable to speak except in R2-D2-esque beeps--what "Star Wars" fiction refers to as "droidspeak".)) Able to drain energy from other beings--Transformers, Humans, or other--with a simple touch. ((This in contrast to Powermaster Optimus Prime receiving a power boost from Hi-Q and Armada Optimus Prime receiving power boosts Mini-Cons like Sparkplug. Also homages the fuel pump accessory included with the G1 Optimus Prime toy, which could be attached to the Roller toy. As a happy coincidence, Shattered Plastic Roller's power is very similar to that of G1 Ratbat, whose color scheme he shares.))

++++++

evil meta-Human
Shattered Plastic PETER PARKER
"With great power come great opportunities."
As a high school student, Peter Parker was extremely popular because he was so rich, and none of his classmates knew where his money came from beyond the fact that he did business over the Internet, and none of them cared where his money came from. In fact, he made his fortune using photography and Photoshop to create illicit images which he either sold or used for blackmail. After being bitten by an interdimensional spider, he gained spider-like powers including the proportionate strength, speed, reflexes, and endurance of a spider, the ability to create and swing from spiderweb-like strands (or use them to catch people/objects), and the ability to cling to vertical surfaces or even the underside of horizontal surfaces. He gave up on photography and Photoshop to become a professional wrestler and Ultimate Fighting Champion, using the stage name "Spider-Man". Now, having discovered and enslaved a benevolent black symbiote that enhances the powers of Spider-Man, he has changed his stage name to "Venomous". His fame has garnered him immeasurable financial wealth, and between his fame, his riches, and his bad boy attitude, he gets a lot of women. He still can't get any woman he wants, though, so he uses his spider powers to take any women he wants who aren't interested in his other attributes. Willing and unwilling notches on his belt include (but are not limited to) Mary Jane Watson Jameson (married to John Jonah Jameson's son John Jameson, the astronaut, Mary Jane's fiance from "Spider-Man 2"), Carly Witwicky (Spike Witwicky's adulterous wife), Felicia "Catwoman" Hardy, Gwen Stacy, and Mikaela Banes.

++++++

evil Human
Shattered Plastic DANIEL WITWICKY

The Autobots were designing a transformable exo-suit for their Nebulan allies, but a Human named Spike Witwicky stole the only prototype before it was finished. Then Spike's son Daniel killed Spike and took the suit for himself. Then Daniel seduced (don't ask) and murdered a Paradron Merc, decapitating her and using her head for spare parts to complete the exo-suit with a few modifications of his own design. His finished exo-suit has rocket boosters in the elbows that enable the suit to fly, can transform its arms into laser cannons, or the entire suit can transform into an all-terrain cyber-"go-kart", or the entire suit can transform into a facsimile of the Paradron Merc's head, and in this mode plug into the neck/shoulders of any Transformer with a sufficiently severe neck wound and control that Transformer's body. (This control works best when the Transformer has been completely beheaded; fully beheaded Transformer bodies can be used like Transtectors, whereas if the original head is still attached, Daniel--or whoever's wearing his exo-suit--has to fight for control of the body. The more completely a Transformer's head is still attached, the greater control that Transformer retains, although there are other factors, such as the particular Transformer's willpower and how much energy is still flowing to the circuits in that Transformer's head. Also, if the Transformer's original head is not entirely removed, the attachment of a second head may obstruct the body's ability to transform.) Daniel has "possessed" several Transformers using his exo-suit in the years since he completed it, decapitating and making Transtectors out of Hosehead ((maybe Cab claimed the Transtector after Daniel discarded it?)), Squeezeplay ((maybe Cancer claimed the Transtector after Daniel discarded it?)), and several Paradron Mercs (one with G1 Moonracer's color scheme, one with G1 Chromia's colors, one with G1 Firestar's), including his current Transtector (formerly a Paradron Merc colored like G1 Elita One).

++++++

evil Human
Shattered Plastic SPIKE WITWICKY

After being murdered by his son Daniel, Spike Witwicky's ghost ((compare with the title character of G1 episode "Starscream's Ghost")) vowed to get himself a new body... and vowed to get revenge. The new body came in the form of an amalgam of Cybertronian spare parts ((based on Autobot X from the G1 episode "Autobot Spike", but with the addition of G1 Scavenger's "backpack" (the top of Scavenger's vehicle mode, including the shovel arm), G1 Astrotrain's right wing, and G1 Thrust's right wing--and, since this is Shattered Plastic, likely with the colors "all messed up", although i haven't decided just how)). Spike has not yet been able to take his revenge against his son, although Spike has killed Carly to get back at her after finding out she was cheating on him with Peter "Venomous" Parker. Spike and Venomous both want revenge on one another for the other "stealing" Carly, but Spike is concentrating on finding his son first, while Venomous has a schedule to keep in his professional fighting career.

++++++

Evil? Decepticon
Shattered Plastic BUMBLEBEE

"The least likely can be the most dangerous."

The largest, strongest, and most cowardly of all Decepticons. ((i'm not sure what this largest of Decepticons transforms into, though.)) Afraid of everything, because, like he always says, "The least likely can be the most dangerous." Afraid of using his own immense arsenal of weapons for fear that they might malfunction and blow up on him. Afraid of enemies much smaller and weaker than himself because of the possibility that they might be carrying powerful secret weapons that no one has seen before, so no one knows how to defend against them. Afraid of anyone he doesn't recognize, because they might be enemies. Afraid of anyone he does recognize, because they might be an enemy in disguise. Afraid of the possibility that there's someone he can't see sneaking up on him, because they could attack him when he isn't expecting it, or sneak on board him and sabotage his own systems. One personality trait he has in common with his G1 namesake is a talent for hiding (a much more impressive feat when you're as large as he is and not just the size of a mini-car), but unlike his G1 namesake, who uses that talent to bravely infiltrate enemy territory all by himself (as well as being brave enough to charge right into battle alongside everyone else), Shattered Plastic Bumblebee uses his ability to hide not only to avoid enemies but also for avoiding his fellow Decepticons (who would want him to go fight those enemies he fears so much).

++++++

evil, independent
Shattered Plastic WHEELIE

"In this universe,
only the fierce shall survive.
And I'm the fiercest."

Considers Quintessa his home planet, and even though the Quintessons were there first, he considers them trespassers on it, a crime he has declared punishable by death. Acting as judge, jury, and executioner, has personally hunted the Quintessons to near extinction, only occasionally calling upon the services of his army--the Quintessons' own Allicon artists and Sharkticon scientists, forced to act as his soldiers. (The Allicons and Sharkticons, while brilliant minds in their intended fields, have absolutely no talent for warfare except for their overwhelming numbers.) Wheelie often speaks via non-rhyming haiku.