Shattered Plastic! (thanks STARS)

This section is a read-only archive of the first Transformerland Roleplay section. Read, enjoy, and join up with our new storyline!

Moderators: Time Traveller, Blackjack

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Still waiting for a few more Peeps. Hold ya horses. I'm on the phone iwth blackjack right now... He should be around soon ;)
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Time Traveller wrote: If you're looking for the opposite of a Bond villain, how about M, with Darkshock as Q, a tech-centered but benevolent mad scientist?
And we have a winner. :lol:

Now try to imagine Darkshock in an oversized lab coat...
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Predacon Rattrap-

A veteran of the Predacon Special Forces, Rattrap now works as a gun for hire in his stealth gunboat Nighteye. A master marksman and demolitions expert, he prefers to leave close combat to others and isn't afraid to make a tactical retreat when a situation turns sour. Rattrap uses his organic shell to mask his energy signature and move around undetected in beast mode. Thrown back in time in pursuit of a bounty head on Megatron, Rattrap finds himself in the middle of a new conflict with only one real goal, to make money.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

((Sorry it took so long. Yesterday was...interesting)).

Deception Blackjack

Decepticon infiltration expert and top level assassin. Blackjack serves as Cambreaker's go to guy when someone needs to die. Calculating and manipulative, Blackjack never makes a move until he is certain the odds are in his favor. Although he prefers to never work alone, his loyalty to other Decepticons is always in question. He especially despises Cambreaker, who he someday hopes to stab in the back.

Blackjack has been around since the time of the Great War when he was a Decepticon riot soldier, fighting on the front lines of the battlefield. He betrayed his only friend Roulette to a heroic Autobot who ambushed them, in order to preserve his own life. Blackjack regrets nothing of this decision, only hoping that someday the wretched Autobots will be forever extinguished from Cybertron.

He uses his stealth suite, holo projector, and surface thought reader to manipulate other transformers and get what he wants out of them. Other Decepticons especially hate playing cards with him, because he always cheats.

((Ready when you all are)).
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Hey! Blackjack! Oh how we missed you!
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

Hey blackjack that alt mode is sweet!

What is the current RP acceptable terminology for the time measurement "week"? Thanks!
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

We haven't even started yet, and i'm already having too much fun with this. Is it okay if i share some more character ideas, even though i already have my character? (Maybe somebody will be inspired to join in using one of my neat-o ideas...) i'll even start with a James Bond Easter Egg character for you, even though i'm not much of a Bond fan myself. (Ooh, a fancy car tricked out with gadgets and weapons. Please. i prefer fancy cars tricked out with gadgets, weapons, and robot modes.)

++++++

Evil Decepticon
MOONRAKER ((Shattered Plastic Sunstreaker))
"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!" ((G1 Sunstreaker: "They can't beat the best."))

Body shaped like G1 Sunstreaker, colored like G2 Sideswipe (or maybe BT/Alt Dead End) except for having neon green forearms ((the color of G2 Sideswipe's missile launcher)), neon blue fists and missiles ((the color of G2 Sideswipe's missiles)), and the racing number "007" on his doors ((where G2 Sideswipe has "SS" decals)) and spoiler ((where G2 Sideswipe has decals that say "SIDE" and "SWIPE")).

A friendly Decepticon who doesn't understand why everyone can't just get along. Fights because he lacks the self-confidence to speak his mind about the senselessness of violence. Jealous of his brother Tigertracks because Moonraker thinks Tigertracks has a more attractive vehicle mode.

++++++

Evil Decepticon
TIGERTRACKS ((Shattered Plastic Tracks))
"Looking bad@$$ is what life is all about!" ((G1 Tracks: "Looking good is what life is all about."))

Body inspired by the yellow BT/Alt Tracks, although i'm not sure what his "third mode" would look like...

Believes that he is the most beautiful of all the Transformers, and couldn't care less about it. In fact, wishes he looked more fearsome in all modes; thinks that frightening the enemy with an intimidating appearance can be as useful as strength or firepower when it comes to winning a battle. Ironically, considering how little he cares about his appearance, he is completely impervious to cosmetic damage; even if subjected to a blow that shatters his internal components, his outermost hull plating will remain undented, his paint unscratched. Possesses a third mode capable of burrowing underground. Completely ignores Moonraker, not really believing that they're brothers.

++++++

Heroic? Autobot
Shattered Plastic SHOCKWAVE
"Dare to be stupid!"

Body shaped like BT/Alt Shockblast, except with a gun barrel instead of a right hand (in addition to already having a gun barrel instead of a left hand).

Completely illogical. Makes tactical decisions based on a combination of horoscopes (often outdated), astrological signs (usually misinterpreted), and his own highly-questionable gut instincts ((machines don't have guts!)) and guesswork. Believes (due to a horoscope predicting a promotion at work) he is destined to become leader of the Autobots, a prospect which terrifies him. Sometimes confuses himself with various others, real and imagined, with names such as "Laserwave", "Shockblast", "Cyclops", "Sureshock", "Fistfight", "Wave Crusher", "Shackwave", and "Soundwave"; occasionally even tries to transform into their alternate modes. Carries a dozen or so non-transforming audio cassettes of Earthling manufacture in a knockoff Prada handbag; deploys them on the battlefield, where they appear to have no effect, although Shockwave insists they keep the elephants away. Also armed with two electromagnetic spectro-guns, which he has in place of hands. Often transforms (or tries to, depending on what he thinks his alternate mode is at any given moment) while shouting things like "Maximize!", "Terrorize!", "Accessorize!", and "Jazzercise!" ((remember, he's a retool of BT/Alt Jazz-Meister)); also yells "I am transformed!" as a battle cry, as well as at other random intervals (although never while transforming, immediately before transforming, or right after transforming). Highly emotional; especially vulnerable to sad movies--even mentioning the sad scenes to him can cause him to start leaking windshield washer fluid around his optic sensor.

++++++

Heroic Autobot
Shattered Plastic SOUNDWAVE

Transforms into a portable CD player inspired by http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Cosmoslegendsuniverse.jpg in G1 Blaster's colors. (The lid of the CD player becomes a shield mounted on his left arm; the CD he carries becomes a circular saw--a buzzsaw, you might say--mounted on his right arm. In CD player mode, he has no headphones or speakers, although he does have a functional input where headphones or speakers can be plugged in.)

Because Soundwave does not increase or decrease in size when he transforms, he built several Transtectors for himself, which have since been instilled with their own independent Sparks, making them Transformers in their own right in addition to serving as means of transportation (and battle "armor") for Soundwave. Now Soundwave rides into battle carried by Laserbeak (G1 Divebomb redeco), Ravage (G1 Rampage redeco), Rumble (G1 Headstrong redeco in G1 Rumble's cartoon colors), Frenzy (G1 Tantrum redeco in G1 Frenzy's toy colors), Overkill (G1 Razorclaw redeco), or all five in their combined form, Squawkbox.

OVERKILL
"Hello, darkness, my old friend."

LASERBEAK
"I've come to talk with you again."

RAVAGE
"A vision, softly creeping, left its seeds while I was sleeping."

FRENZY
"The vision that was planted in my brain still remains."

RUMBLE
"In restless dreams, I walked alone."

SOUNDWAVE
"Beneath the halo of a streetlamp, I turned my shoulder on the cold and damned."

SQUAWKBOX
"My eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light that split the night and touched the sound of silence."

+

((i haven't really developed the personalities of Soundwave's minions, but i have some preliminary thoughts, sometimes based on their mottos.))

OVERKILL
"Hello, darkness, my old friend."
Overkill, as an Autobot, struggles to control the darkness inside him that makes him--in his own estimation--overly agressive both on and off the battlefield. He recognizes similar darkness in his Decepticon foes, and hopes by his example to teach them also to control themselves, and persuade them to join the Autobot ranks.

LASERBEAK
"I've come to talk with you again."
((G1 Squawktalk's personality? and maybe G1 Squawktalk's deco, despite being named Laserbeak?))

RAVAGE
"A vision, softly creeping, left its seeds while I was sleeping."
((Dunno about Shattered Plastic Ravage, but G1 Ravage was good at softly creeping while his enemies were sleeping, or at least off guard.))

FRENZY
"The vision that was planted in my brain still remains."
Something of a scholar ((instead of a street punk like G1 Frenzy)). Unflappably calm at all times.

RUMBLE
"In restless dreams, I walked alone."
Able to temporarily still anything he touches; can even prevent earthquakes.

SOUNDWAVE
"Beneath the halo of a streetlamp, I turned my shoulder on the cold and damned."
((Perhaps a former Decepticon, until he turned his shoulder on them for being so cold? And let them be damned!))

SQUAWKBOX
"My eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light that split the night and touched the sound of silence."
((sort of like the kind of Human who would say "I have seen the light!"))

++++++

Is Animated Black Arachnia (Autobot-turned-Decepticon) the opposite of BW Black Arachnia (Predacon-turned-Maximal)?

++++++

Is IDW Arcee the opposite of G1 Arcee? (although as i recall, both of them had their heads removed--G1 when she and Daniel became Headmasters, IDW when she became a prisoner of Fortress Maximus/Garrus-9/The Rig/The Last Resort. Hmm, wonder if that's an Easter Egg or just a coincidence, IDW Fort Max taking off IDW Arcee's head, when both of their G1 counterparts were Headmasters...)

++++++

Okay, i'm done with the character ideas... for now. ;-)

May i humbly suggest that when we actually start playing, we do so in a separate thread (since this one fades in and out of character so much)? or, if Shattered Plastic takes place in multiple threads (like the normal game), we mention Shattered Plastic in the title of the thread, so they don't get mixed up with normal game threads?

TT said we're waiting for "more Peeps" (like who?), with the implication that we should wait for Blackjack in particular.

Well, i don't know how many or who else TT had in mind, but Blackjack says ready, so i'm going to hope i'm not overstepping my bounds and start. If TT still says to wait (or my attempt just plain sucks), please accept my apologies and go ahead and lock/delete the thread i'm about to start.
Last edited by Rhymus on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Nice work on the character ideas!
The Shockwave one is quite hilarious! :lol:
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

Love the twist on the Autobot brothers, Stars!

Since we seem to be low on players I figured I'd play s good guy too... If that's allowed.

Slingshot: evil decepticon turncoat
He won't ever win a Mr. Popularity contest -- incessant braggart, takes credit for exploits of other Decepticons. Despite his hot shot attitude is capable of great compassion especially for the fragile forms of organic life. His opinion of "fleshies" was changed when a beastformer bird saved his life at great risk to her own. Has defected to the Autobots and secretly wants to obtain a techno-organic form.

Vertical-take-off-and-landing aircraft, flies at Mach 1.6, range: 800 miles, extremely maneuverable. Sharpshooter -- has twin mortar cannons as jet, neutron rifle as robot.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Silverbolt wrote:What is the current RP acceptable terminology for the time measurement "week"? Thanks!
Don't know if there are any particular rules for the TFL RPs, but you might want to consider using something canonical from http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Units_of_time. "Cyber-week" seems particularly relevant, if a bit cheesy; if you feel like doing a little math, you could also say something like "almost a decacycle" ((Animated)) or "nearly two Mega-cycles" ((IDW)) or however many billion astroseconds ((G1?)).

i wouldn't worry too much about which continuity any given unit of time measurement comes from, since the RP has characters from a number of continuities anyway, not to mention fan characters.
Last edited by Rhymus on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

yeah I went with week... lol
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

There's an edit function, if you want to use it.

Although, i suppose an RP is more interested in moving along; my mind tends towards prose (books and stories and such) where it's more important that things be consistent and in-character, in-universe, whatever, because it's going to be more thoroughly scrutinized and dissected by readers. In this case... up to you.
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

STARS Commando 539 wrote:There's an edit function, if you want to use it.

Although, i suppose an RP is more interested in moving along; my mind tends towards prose (books and stories and such) where it's more important that things be consistent and in-character, in-universe, whatever, because it's going to be more thoroughly scrutinized and dissected by readers. In this case... up to you.
I may use the edit function just didn't really think about it.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Hey, TT, can you help me round up my horses? i couldn't hold them. Oh, that reminds me... [shuts the barn door]

Time Traveller wrote:It's starting to look like a blast, guys! a bit tongue in cheek, but it ought to be fun. We need some more Autobots though, Perhaps a Heroic Deszaras to lead them up? I'll toss in a bit of backstory:

After the heroic Autobots had finally crushed the Decepticon presence off of Cybertron by planting the heroic double spies Rodimus and Arcee among their ranks, the Decepticons took to Cambreaker's Pirate flagship, the Netherspite. Traveling through space, they rebuilt their forces by raiding inhabited colonies of other worlds, killing the natives and plundering all the supplies they needed.
Having previously destroyed Iacon by orbital bombardment to prevent Autobots utilizing the city, the Decepticons returned to the scarred blast crater and began to execute vicious raids, operating from the docked Netherspite in absence of any standing ruins. While the Autobots grieved the loss of their capital, they took up defense in the fortress city of Kaon while Cambreaker attempted to ablate Kaon by bombardment. Only the timely interference of a powerful and benevolent benefactor saved the city from the assault, and now the Decepticons prepare for another merciless assault, gathering their strength in arms at the Netherspite over former Iacon...
The Last Autobot wrote:The Last Decepticon ... conducted raids or whatever else Unicron or Cambreaker ordered him.

Jazz, I have new orders from my master. We are to investigate the recently bombed out Autobot base at Kaon.
i'm assuming the aforementioned benefactor is Shattered Plastic Galvatron (since the shatter-resistant Galvatron tricked Blackjack and destroyed Iacon, right? unless i misread/misunderstood that part of the normal RP?). If it's not Galvatron, who is it? or is that supposed to be a surprise?

How damaged is Kaon supposed to be at this point? i deliberately wrote my intro so that (A) maybe missile bay SW11-38, for whatever reason, took significantly more damage than the rest of Kaon (if the Autobots' benefactor stopped the Decepticon attack in time), or (B) maybe bay SW11-38 is worse off than the rest of Kaon, but not by much, or (C) anywhere in between (A) and (B). But since this RP likely won't be limited to SW11-38, i think it'd be good for all of us playing to know how intact/damaged Kaon is.

Which does not mean that all of our characters necessarily know. The Last Decepticon (or at least his master) said that Kaon was "bombed out", but maybe the Decepticons didn't do as much damage as they thought (their view at the time being obscured by smoke and flashing laser beams and such). Also possible--although i'm not quite sure how it could be explained--maybe for some reason the Autobots think Kaon withstood the Decepticon assault better than it actually did.

Silverbolt, PrimeDirective--i think maybe you should start a new thread, since Slingshot and Thundercracker are leaving SW11-38 for a repair bay (at least, i think it's more realistic/dramatic for the repair bay not to be right in the missile bay). If you do move to a new thread, i recommend you include a link to it in the SW11-38 thread.

[EDIT]

i went ahead and created SP: Kaon (Sunstorm's medical facility) if you want to use it for the purpose.

[/EDIT]

i also think it makes more sense in the story for Megaplex to stay with the rest of the crew that was working on SW11-38, which means Megaplex wouldn't be going with you. :-(

i might go with you, though, if the Powers That Be don't object to my temporarily taking control of an NPC medic?

(Aside: On the subject of people not having too many characters--TT, Blackjack, what do you think of a "rule" allowing multiple characters per player, as long as the player limits himself/herself/itself to one character per thread? Some exceptions might be necessary--Blackbolt's really got it in for Slingshot, for example--but as a general guideline, maybe?)

Ahem. i said, "an NPC medic?" (Leakin' lubricant, not another character idea...!)

++++++

Heroic Autobot
Shattered Plastic SUNSTORM
Brilliant but incredibly humble Tetrajet medic. Seldom alone because he treats everyone like a friend, so others like to spend time with him. Considered a hero by Earthling Humans, who (thanks to their Internets) dubbed him the "Mechanical Messiah of Medicine" after he used precisely targeted radiation to cure every Human with cancer on Earth. Exceptionally fast and maneuverable, he regularly dodges enemy fire and friendly fire to reach the wounded on the battlefield and medevac them to the safest place where he can treat them. Has never been hit while retrieving a patient and never personally fired his medical-grade anesthetic null-rays on the Decepticons--but there's a first time for everything.

++++++

Oops. Just realized my above mention of "Seldom alone" means another character has to be with him in the medical bay already when Thundercracker brings Slingshot in. Well, maybe not--with Kaon recently attacked and concerned about the prospect of another assault, personnel might be attending to things slightly more important than spending time with Sunstorm just because they like him. Still, he could have one or more patients there already, and/or an assistant--maybe a Shattered Plastic version of Scalpel (simply called "the Doctor" in TF2:ROTF)... and referring to Scalpel as "the Doctor" just gave me the idea of basing Shattered Plastic Scalpel's personality on The Doctor (EMH Mark I Emergency Medical Hologram) from "Star Trek: Voyager".

TT and/or Blackjack better say something to me soon or i'm never going to be able to shut myself up, am i?

Of course, if they assign me the Function: Recruitment, one could argue i've just offered up Sunstorm, The Doctor, and their patients as possible characters to use to jump in the game. (We need more Autobots, people!)

[EDIT]

If somebody not already playing an Autobot wants to play Sunstorm, i'll allow it, but please let me know first so i can send you a Private Message with an idea i have involving the character. If somebody wants to play any of my other character ideas listed in this thread thus far (besides Megaplex), feel free, unless the Mods think you would be playing too many characters then.

[/EDIT]
Last edited by Rhymus on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

While role-playing as Thundercracker, PrimeDirective wrote:"I have found evidence that organic life exists or has existed in the universe. It is... amazing, really. Something that doesn't rely on metal or circuitry is actually possible. Starscream was very excited." Thundercracker smiles, excited at the prospect of actually finding such a being.
Um, wait. Oops?

Although i am intrigued by the idea of what Transformers might have been like before their discovery of organic life, and what cultural/psychological impact the discovery of organic life might have had on the Transformers, i've been basing most of my character ideas (including the one that i'm actually playing) on the assumption that the Transformers have been to Earth, where they found not only organic life, but also Human civilizations whose technology some Transformers used to inspire new alternate modes for themselves. Even beast modes are based on the idea that the Transformers have encountered and imitated organic life, even if not as the dominant species of any given planet.

[EDIT]
PrimeDirective wrote:I think I'll join in here now.

Thundercracker
As part of the Mayhem Suppression Squad, it is Thundercracker's duty to bring down any Decepticon threat when the Autobots' normal forces are not enough. Although his team often switches between working for Megatron and working for the Quintessons, Thundercracker is fiercely loyal to his best friend Starscream. If his missiles and guns can't stop the enemy, his sonic dampeners will at least shut them up. He is absolutely dedicated to the preservation of life, including that of organics, and would go offline before he sees a single organic die.
[/EDIT]

What say ye Mods on this issue?

i hope i'm not being too anal about all this, and i apologize if i am; i know it's just a game, but it's a story-based game, and personally i enjoy stories more when they're consistent. But please tell me if i'm taking things too seriously.

"Dare to be stupid!"
Last edited by Rhymus on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

I was... unsure. If I need to, I can edit it.
The Dark is Coming
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Oh, hey, you're online. Just a sec.

[EDIT]

i think it'd be easier to assume that the Transformers have encountered organic life before, including Humans; after all, don't most Transformers series start with the TFs revealing themselves (intentionally or unintentionally) to the Humans, and the Autobots making friends with a few? Even if we don't have any Humans in the RP (yet), i think most TransFans--including those making up TF fan characters--primarily think about TFs with Earth-based disguise modes, and that just makes more sense if the TFs know about organic life like Humans.

It's kind of a shame, because i think you had an interesting idea with organic life being a new discovery (or theory) to the TFs, but i think pursuing that storyline would be a distraction from the main Autobots-vs.-Decepticons game that (i think) we're trying to play.

[/EDIT]
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

ys after I picked up the slinshot idea and ran with it I re-read that in the rules about 1 main character... but I also stated when I entered the original RP as silverbolt that y team would be involved...

anyhoo sling is going to the infirmary and we won't mess with him till Bolt finds him
he's pretty creamed by that piece of armor... but I did want you to feel for him because when he does meet back up with Blackbolt it will be ugly...
and who wants a hero/victim? that you don't care anything about... haha

at which point that story will kind of deviate from the rest of the story possibly causing a new thread to be born...
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

About to send you a PM, don't log off

[EDIT]

Sent. Sorry i took so long and you couldn't stick around. :-(

[/EDIT]
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

I pop in and out... so it's good.

8)

oh and none of my characters existed in most continuities before the transformers went to earth